How Do You Remove Accidental Skill Points From Mech?

2 replies to this topic

#1 DragoFire

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 22 posts
  • LocationNorth Island, NZ

Posted 20 July 2024 - 09:34 PM

having been away from the game for a few years the new skill structure managed to confuse me and I gave an Mech an extra 210 skill points above the 91 max.

is there a way to reverse these skill points?

or is there a way to increase the mech skill cap above 91?

#2 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,279 posts

Posted 21 July 2024 - 11:00 AM

View PostDragoFire, on 20 July 2024 - 09:34 PM, said:

having been away from the game for a few years the new skill structure managed to confuse me and I gave an Mech an extra 210 skill points above the 91 max.

No, there is no such way.

Once you spend your C-Bills and XP on purchasing skill points and click "OK", it is over. You are not going to get them back.

or is there a way to increase the mech skill cap above 91?
No, 91 active skill nodes is the maximum.

#3 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,299 posts

Posted 22 July 2024 - 06:57 AM

View Postmartian, on 21 July 2024 - 11:00 AM, said:

No, there is no such way.

Once you spend your C-Bills and XP on purchasing skill points and click "OK", it is over. You are not going to get them back.

Actually, this is not true. :(

I happen to know of someone encountered IRL who decided they should Contact PGI's MWO Support and likely would rather remain anonymous here. This person respectfully explained — and without being a jerk about it — that a massive mistake was made on their part, apologized for doing so, and requested a refund in any manner determined by PGI's MWO Support as being appropriate. PGI's MWO Support was then nice & kind in regard to their issue, and gave them a rather satisfactory reversal of their mistake in some manner which they could very well live with. :)

'DragoFire', my suggestion would be avoiding using that Mech for a few while you Contact PGI's MWO Support immediately in order to respectfully request that refund. You should be able to get the issue worked out within three or four days at most, provided that you keep aware of where you are in that process. :huh:

~D. V. "improper Skill Points allocation isn't entirely non-reversible if you Contact PGI's MWO Support fast" Devnull

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users