- - - - -

Another Old Player Returning With A Few Questions.

Question

2 replies to this topic

#1 Arkion29

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 30 posts
  • LocationNaples, Florida

Posted 21 July 2024 - 03:59 PM

After many years of being away, my friends and I have returned to the game and a lot of things have changed. I have a few questions that need help with.

Is there anywhere that I can find skill builds for the mechs?

The Madcat II has been released and was wondering if it is an effective mech? What variants are worth it? What loadouts are being used?

What newer mediums are being used and what variants?

What newer heavies are being used other then Timber Wolves? What variants?

Thank you all for the help to this old returning player.

#2 Besh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,110 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 21 July 2024 - 09:40 PM

Welcome back !

For the skills, I am not aware of any source for skillbuilds.

I would suggest you look at the grimmechs Database at

https://grimmechs.is...im.org/Database

for Mech Loadouts . It is still continously being worked at and updated . Worth keeping in mind that these builds are optimized acc. to comp players abilities - but those builds can give one at least a good baseline to start off with for many Chassis .

If you have discord, its well worth checking out the GrimMechs Hub discord for questions and advice re builds .

Edited by Besh, 21 July 2024 - 09:41 PM.

#3 epikt

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 1,455 posts

Posted 22 July 2024 - 08:43 PM

Welcome back!

View PostArkion29, on 21 July 2024 - 03:59 PM, said:

The Madcat II has been released and was wondering if it is an effective mech? What variants are worth it? What loadouts are being used?

The Mad Cat II is a pretty solid mech. We don't see it the most, but it does not mean it's not effective.
I personally like double gauss + 4 ERLLas (on the MCII-1 or the MCII-DS) or 3 AC10 + 2 UAC5 on the Moonwalker.
I'm not the most competent to talk about this mech though.

What newer mediums are being used and what variants?

IIRC the last medium being released are the Hatchetman and the Vulcan.
On the Hatchetman, my favorite is the TinMan (the hero), a great brawler with good firepower and suvivability (the hitbox is pretty good and XL safe) => 5 SRM4 or LB10X + 5 SRM2. The HCT-5K is very good with MRMs. The HCT-7R is very fun and a decent alternative to the Phoenix Hawk-7S for snubs or MLas/MPLas.
The Vulcan is one of my favourite mechs, especially the 5S (with 2 snubs, with 2 magshots if you want). The 5T is a good laser-boat (5 MPLas or BLC + ERMLas). I also like the 6M with 2 LxPLas + LMGs, which is basically a poor man's Arrow.

If we're talking about mediums in general, the Shadow Cat is very strong at the moment, and can mount A LOT of great builds.

PS: a good resource and tool, MechDB: https://mwo.nav-alpha.com/mechs

Edited by epikt, 22 July 2024 - 08:44 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users