4 replies to this topic

#1 FlareUKCS

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 234 posts
  • LocationWales , UK.

Posted 06 August 2024 - 02:10 PM

I was a Uziel vs the rest, now I could just hide but I engaged the missile boat the enemy had, and destroyed it.
Good job, but the system that generates how well you did said nah you suck... I took out the enemy missile boat, yeah I took more damage but I killed a missile boat , I dont have much hp to work with but I did good... game said you suck even when we won.
What the heck do I need to do, as a light I killed the enemy missile boat, we won the match and I lost grading... at the lowest grade.
What the hell do I need to do to upgrade ?

#2 Swamp Ass MkII

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wild Dog
  • Wild Dog
  • 386 posts

Posted 08 August 2024 - 06:49 PM

Stay with team, do more damage, and keepmon going. Things like lance in formation, shooting targets your team is shooting. Using UAV's in a mass of enemies. Targeting enemies. Knocking out componenets, and sections. All this will kncrease your overall score, and you'll likely go up in tier.

#3 xMEPHISTOx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,394 posts

Posted 08 August 2024 - 07:23 PM

Best way to improve imo...playing with a group of people who are better than yourself.
It helps your general gameplay, as well as w/specific mechs or weight class mechs you want to play in specific/specialize in.
By playing solo improving is long term school of hard knocks, learning by way of trial and tribulation.

#4 Sarkazym

Rookie

• The Solitary
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 August 2024 - 07:27 AM

Simple answer is to hit the ACADEMY, especially for shooting.

There are 3 shooting exercises, and 2 of them are useful, and STILL visit them often with new mechs. Once when I equip the mech with a new loadout, and again once it's skilled out.
NOTE: You can adjust the difficulty and damage needed using the arrow keys before you start a challenge.

A ) Gallery. Targets spawn and move across the water.

I've found it REALLY helpful to learn Ballistics. You develop a good idea of range and velocity which is really helpful when trying to hit fast moving lights at range. If you're a missile guy, it's easy to learn to lock, then shoot to do damage unlike all the guys who run straight ATM/LRM's in game and dead fire w/o a lock at all. Laser players benefit from learning to actually HOLD the lasers on Target for the full burn time and do damage. In game, you see so many laser players just strafe the target or start to hit then move off. Then wonder why the laser vomit guys who keep their beam on the target simply destroy your team.

B ) Onslaught. Waves of mechs come at you. Unlike Gallery, these mechs will start shooting you when you get close.

This mode is helpful for a few reasons. The first is that you can get decent Heat Mgmt skills, while also deciding if the damage you're putting out is worth the Heat you're getting in return. Often times I've found I like a build, but then get owned by getting overwhelmed which means I needed to find a different build. The approaching mechs are often damaged so you can learn to lock your targets, and pick a weak spot. How many games have you seen where the team tries to kill the mech and completely avoid the target being 1 touch away from losing a leg (Making him easier to hit!!!) You get a good idea of 'Splash' damage weapons like Missiles and PPC's here as well. Really helps deciding if they're the right weapon for you.

-----
Most don't know about it, those that do don't use it. Across the Bridge/Water is an active combat zone, where the NPC mechs target and shoot back at you. While they remain stationary, and can respawn while you're damaged, it's still somewhat helpful. UAV's can help you find them, and you get a bit of pressure because they're shooting back. Some have Missiles so you can check your AMS here. Not as useful as the 2 shooting exercises, but a decent enough check on radical/experimental builds before you rely on the team to carry you.

-----
Other than that, its a simple matter of learning the roles of each mech and how to play each in the different game modes. Don't be an Assault mech who is a pure Sniper/LRM mech that needs to be in the back taking it's 85+ tons of armor out of the fight where they team might need it. Don't expect to tank on light either. Urbanmechs can take a beating and will often get stuck into the fight for example. Not good when the big armor is in the back.

Hope this helps.

Edited by Sarkazym, 11 August 2024 - 07:28 AM.

#5 VaelophisNyx

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 155 posts

Posted 17 August 2024 - 05:28 PM

this is a big issue of late, that the rewards system is zero-sum, and if you can't do ludicrous amounts of damage you get punished for it. Even if you contributed in other ways. Even if you pulled the match to a victory as the last person alive. It may not be that you need to improve, but that the system needs a rework badly.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users