57 replies to this topic

#41 Magic Pain Glove

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Gold Champ
  • CS 2023 Gold Champ
  • 145 posts

Posted 14 August 2024 - 05:20 AM

View PostNimnul, on 13 August 2024 - 08:53 PM, said:

Without maneuverability in the air, these mechs will be easy targets for enemies. Overall, this mechanic already looks like it's just for fun. Buy a mech for 15 bucks, have fun for a week and throw it in the hangar.

It was meant to be more fun than it was meant to be strong . In either case . But I think people might be underestimating usefulness of no jump jet shake + hover jets.

1) You gain the ability to cross wide distances or jump from platform to platform / building to building that are 500+ m apart.

2) You can hover from weird angles /cover / objects while using no JJ shake mechanic to poptart or DPS down the enemy until you are noticed , fall down and reposition. ECM will help a lot with that.

3) Basically Infinite JJ ground feathering ( mechs taping space on the ground to make themselves harder to hit ) .

4) Ground scaling . Remember how people use one jump jet for gliding across terrain ? Well imagine never having to stop using that 1JJ while moving at max speed , making it easier to cross over uneven terrain with ease without overexposing your mech to the enemy that you would otherwise do by simply trying to jump completely over it .

5) Turn around mid air to the opposite direction , shooting stuff behind your while inheriting your forward speed ground momentum , then turn around and continue running in whatever direction you want .

6) Speedometer lies as soon as you leave the ground ... it is not displaying your flight speed accurately . For the first 10 seconds you are moving at the speed at which you started flying after those initial 10 seconds different mechanic takes over. Which is one of the reasons why there was no need to introduce jank vectoring .

7) They benefit a lot from burn time duration nodes extended the total duration by 3+ seconds I think . Lift speed nodes might give it a nice hop ability , unsure how this will play out so I need to test it once its released. It also has the best heat efficiency out of all jump jets but it will still benefit substantially from JJ heat nodes.

8) Since its locked equipment . Cauldron can tweak any and all individual stats on it until they are happy with how it handles , without impacting JJ balance on any other mechs. So if there is a need to make them more "hoppy" it can be done without affecting anything else .

#42 FRAGTAST1C

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,898 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 14 August 2024 - 05:39 AM

View PostBlueDevilspawn, on 13 August 2024 - 11:59 AM, said:

Increased horizontal speed gives us the risk of re-introducing the thrust vectoring skill node, which created a lot of hitbox jank and we were specific about NOT introducing it again.

The mechs will get pretty good height... you're watching it from the lower level of Canyon mainly in the videos. That said, I was very specific during creation that I did not want these mechs to get into "cheese" spots on the maps and will monitor this when they launch.

The JJ recharge time has already been stated to be increased to more closely fill the bar akin to normal JJs.

Don't think #6 is possible.

1. Ah, fair enough.

2. Cool. I don't intend for these mechs to be like poptart mechs or be able to jump really high and get the drop on targets despite them being in cover. I thought that if we really do go ahead with the LAM, then perhaps they can reach a certain height real quick and then be responsive. Maybe in the future, we can have another LAM with MASC Posted Image Watch them fly around with afterburners lol.

3. That's good news!

4. Yeah, I didn't think it'd be possible without writing new code. I initially thought that the MASC's "beep beep" warning as it reaches the threshold before sustained use starts damaging the leg components could be leveraged to add screen shake when flight time reaches the last 20%. But that would make more balance sense if the mechs could change direction mid-flight. Fair enough.

#43 AmbidXtrousGNOME

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cyber Warrior
  • The Cyber Warrior
  • 106 posts

Posted 14 August 2024 - 05:46 AM

Could the Champion get a smaller gyro in the CT so there is 3 open slots and a ballistic HP so I could put a RAC2 in the CT and roleplay as a A10 Warthog? : D

I just can't look at the apache and not think A10 Warthog

#44 Magic Pain Glove

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Gold Champ
  • CS 2023 Gold Champ
  • 145 posts

Posted 14 August 2024 - 05:57 AM

One of the reasons why both of these mechs have their focus around arm hardpoints is exactly that . They have to fly ,and once you are high up in the air 30 degree torso pitch angle that most mechs have becomes inadequate when it comes to shooting targets below you. Arms on the other hand make that job much easier and less dependent on your altitude.

#45 AmbidXtrousGNOME

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cyber Warrior
  • The Cyber Warrior
  • 106 posts

Posted 14 August 2024 - 06:01 AM

View PostMagic Pain Glove, on 14 August 2024 - 05:57 AM, said:

One of the reasons why both of these mechs have their focus around arm hardpoints is exactly that . They have to fly ,and once you are high up in the air 30 degree torso pitch angle that most mechs have becomes inadequate when it comes to shooting targets below you. Arms on the other hand make that job much easier and less dependent on your altitude.

.....ok *sniff sniff

#46 GargoyleVine

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 98 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationPismo Coast

Posted 14 August 2024 - 09:42 AM

Armored Core Warrior online ?? oh no please say it ain't so

#47 Big-G

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 359 posts
  • LocationFormerly New Capetown, now Kikuyu - Lyran Alliance

Posted 14 August 2024 - 02:30 PM

View PostGargoyleVine, on 14 August 2024 - 09:42 AM, said:

Be glad they didn't try implement LAM's... then it would have been truly... *REDACTED*

#48 Martaloc

• PipPipPip
  • The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 50 posts
  • LocationEU

Posted 14 August 2024 - 02:51 PM

View PostGargoyleVine, on 14 August 2024 - 09:42 AM, said:

These mechs are in the lore too, so no Armored Core copy.
You can see a bunch on Sarna.net:

Jade Falcon clan has 4 winged omnimechs

https://www.sarna.ne...ki/Jade_Phoenix
https://www.sarna.net/wiki/Hierofalcon
https://www.sarna.net/wiki/Ion_Sparrow
https://www.sarna.net/wiki/Flamberge

Edited by Martaloc, 14 August 2024 - 02:54 PM.

#49 Rhaelcan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Driven
  • Driven
  • 347 posts

Posted 14 August 2024 - 05:34 PM

View PostMechWarrior2150582, on 12 August 2024 - 12:19 PM, said:

We need that these features (not wings), click on LINK to expand:
https://mwomercs.com...ersionend-game/

FIX Basic Bugs 1st:
I have tested HSL across many mechs. MWO is totally bugged:
- It is not included in the MechStats (Under Firepower) even if HSL occurs in the omnipod.
- Even if HSL is included, it does not affect Heat Penalty.
- Some mechs have HSL + 1, but they function as if they had HSL + 4.
- Some mechs have HSL + 3, but they function as if they had HSL - 10.

Targeting Computer may work (how can we know?), but its stat boosts are not shown in MechLab:
- Projectile speed remains the same in the MechLab UI.
- Laser ranges remain the same in the MechLab UI.
- Stats for projectile speed and laser range are unchanged in MechStats (Under Firepower).

Why do developers add "crazy wings" when there are basic unfixed bugs in the game, or I am missing something?

What? Where have you gotten a mech hsl being like -10. Are you drunk??

View PostAlandios, on 12 August 2024 - 04:02 PM, said:

Fascinating concept. One thing that I'd like to point out about the Partial Wing is that it was developed by the Jade Falcons, not Inner Sphere. I feel like there should be a Jade Falcon designed mech to make use of them first, but the designs that make use of them only start to appear well past the Clan Invasion era, mostly in the Early Republic. Maybe it's time for an era change? Go to the 3080's?

At the very least, now CGL's Urbanmech LAM can now be sort of a thing in MWO. The Phoenix Hawk did have a LAM version back in the day, but everyone hated working with them in tabletop, so it's not a thing anymore, but I can see where the Spectre can fit in. The Champion, however, feels a bit out of place like that.

Champion looks like a plane, and in lore, had a LAM variant too.

#50 VeritasSuperOmnia

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 56 posts

Posted 14 August 2024 - 06:48 PM

MAD II, do it for us old school Sega Genesis Battletech fans.

Posted Image

#51 The Chancelor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 201 posts

Posted 14 August 2024 - 09:54 PM

View PostBig-G, on 14 August 2024 - 02:30 PM, said:

Be glad they didn't try implement LAM's... then it would have been truly... *REDACTED*

Well, in lore the lams got put in a museum. So it would fit in MWO... Just saying.

#52 GargoyleVine

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 98 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationPismo Coast

Posted 15 August 2024 - 11:06 AM

View PostMartaloc, on 14 August 2024 - 02:51 PM, said:

These mechs are in the lore too, so no Armored Core copy.
You can see a bunch on Sarna.net:

Jade Falcon clan has 4 winged omnimechs

https://www.sarna.ne...ki/Jade_Phoenix
https://www.sarna.net/wiki/Hierofalcon
https://www.sarna.net/wiki/Ion_Sparrow
https://www.sarna.net/wiki/Flamberge

not worried about the lore part as much as a bunch of whirlybirds flying around in a game of big stompy robots

#53 Hawk819

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,677 posts
  • Location666 Werewolf Lane. Transylvania, Romania Ph#: Transylvania 6-5000

Posted 15 August 2024 - 12:18 PM

If anyone is curious this could lead to a non-lore based 'Mech design. Hey, don't fret it. The Sun Spider and Corsair are made up Chassis.

Would love to see one with kind of wingspan.

#54 Elfcat

• PipPipPip
  • Sho-sa-ni
  • Sho-sa-ni
  • 63 posts
  • LocationYay Area

Posted 16 August 2024 - 11:08 AM

Hmmmm, some pseudo-LAM action. Enticing, not only to aspiring aeropilots, but also to fans of the anti-aircraft loadouts. May UAC2 round fill the skies!!!

#55 Sephlock

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10,819 posts

Posted 16 August 2024 - 12:05 PM

View PostTiy0s, on 12 August 2024 - 10:42 AM, said:

Spectre Quirks:
- LA RA Armor +21
- LT RT Armor +5
- CT Structure +10
- LT RT Structure +9
- LA RA Structure +7
- LL RL Structure +9
- Pulse Laser Heat Gen -20%
- MG Range +50%
- MG ROF +30%
- Fall Damage -50%

Apache Quirks:
- CT Armor +12
- RT LT Armor +10
- RA LA Armor +12
- RL LL Armor +10
- Ballistic Velocity +25%
- RAC ROF +25%
- RAC Jam Ramp Down -50%
- RAC Range +15%
- Fall Damage -50%

Those look really good But why not 30% RAC speed Posted Image ?

Have you given any thought to giving them hefty missile range quirks? I love lobbing MRMs.

P.S.

Edited by Sephlock, 16 August 2024 - 12:13 PM.

#56 EvilCow

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,243 posts

Posted 17 August 2024 - 04:00 AM

It is a nice idea, I would like the mech to be able to push forward and gain speed, you could do that in MechWarrior 2 (you could thrust in any direction in that game).

#57 Bookwyrm517

Rookie

• Survivor
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 August 2024 - 03:06 PM

View PostGreyNovember, on 12 August 2024 - 02:31 PM, said:

Oh good lord I just realized what else Partial Wing means for the pilot.

You become an even larger LRM Landing platform.

If you thought the KGC was bad about this, you haven't seen anything yet. XL Engines will be so much easier to pop.

I think there is a reason why both of these mechs have ECM (it's probably stealth armor).

I like this mechanic, so I'm cautiously optimistic. I'm mainly waiting to see what effects the jump jet skill nodes will have, I'm hoping that they can get a bit better of an initial "hop" to help them take off. The only thing I'm really upset about so far is that there isn't going to be much build variety on these.

I do think Partial wing kits are going to require a level of skill to use effectively. Map and gamemode will definitely make or break these mechs. I'm hoping once PGI is done feeling out the mechanic that we'll get some non-legendary partial wing mechs as well.

#58 Alandios

Rookie

• The Fearless
  • 7 posts

Posted 23 August 2024 - 07:30 PM

View PostSteel Raven, on 13 August 2024 - 04:52 PM, said:

Someone needs to make the joke:

Partial Wing Urbie When?
Posted Image

View PostSteel Raven, on 13 August 2024 - 04:52 PM, said:

Someone needs to make the joke:

Partial Wing Urbie When?
Posted Image

I'd already been joking about the Flurbie when I saw this. It'd do great for April Fools or a special event. You can even give it a launch boost:

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users