Return Of Passive Radar Mode

No replies to this topic

#1 EvilCow

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,243 posts

Posted 18 August 2024 - 07:10 AM

I wish to advocate the return of a classic MW feature: A passive/active toggle command.

I would recommend:

1) Active mode is exactly the current behavior, no change.
2) Passive mode would be activated using a dedicated key.
3) Active mode would be re-activated using a dedicated key and would have a 1/2/4 seconds of system restart delay, see skill at point 10.
4) In passive mode your detection of active units is reduced to 1/5 range.
5) In passive mode you cannot detect other passive units at all.
6) Active units can detect passive units at half range (Streak, ATM, LRM would work within range).
7) BAP increases detection of passive units to 66% of normal range increasing its value.
8) In passive mode own ECM, UAVs, BAP are not operational.
9) Passive mode does not affect detection by TAG, NARC, UAVs, seismic sensors.
10) Passive mode capability would be associated to a skill (cost skill 1/2/3 points, see delay).

Rationale:

In this game ECM is so dominant that it is easily the 1st feature in the evaluation of a mech purchase, having a passive mode would make ECM relatively less important but not less efficient.

The red mark on top of enemies is probably overpowered, passive mode would make eyeballs 1.0 important again.

The main concept is: passive mode would reduce enemy awareness at cost of total loss of awareness except eyeballs.

I like the idea to associate it to a skill but if this makes the implementation harder then the point 10 can be discarded.

Sorry for the wall of text, please comment and support the idea :-)

Edited by EvilCow, 18 August 2024 - 07:11 AM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users