• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,956 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 10 September 2024 - 05:08 PM

View Postkalashnikity, on 10 September 2024 - 04:53 PM, said:

AWS-8Q has PPC and a small laser, not ErPPC

I'm testing stock weapons load outs, in a thread about stock weapon load outs, while tweaking the internals (and a little armor). Doing everything except altering the weapons.

It's become clear, as I play, that there are reasons meta is meta, and why "bracket builds" (which are common in lore, for reasons) are often lame in FPS and "Mech vs Mech only".

I haven't done a spread sheet on it, but I'd wager most quirks are meant for meta play anyways.

Stalker 3FB, as it walks off the assembly line, is balanced enough to do good enough, (at least with me driving it) to maintain.

Actually, you were talking about super-stock loadouts as well, and the subject had shifted to the core deficiencies of the chassis - so you'll have to pardon my confusion.

#82 kalashnikity

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 611 posts

Posted 10 September 2024 - 05:12 PM

BJ-3 might do ok too, it's quirked for PPC, and mobile enough to get those PPC into play a lot better than the AWS-8Q

View PostVoid Angel, on 10 September 2024 - 05:08 PM, said:

Actually, you were talking about super-stock loadouts as well, and the subject had shifted to the core deficiencies of the chassis - so you'll have to pardon my confusion.

All good, I maintain a certain baseline level of confusion myself.

"True wisdom is knowing that you don't know everything"

or something

#83 kalashnikity

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 611 posts

Posted 10 September 2024 - 05:33 PM

Found my BJ-1, gonna run some games with it in, Optimized with stock weapons. Will report back... eventually, I hope.

#84 kalashnikity

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 611 posts

Posted 10 September 2024 - 05:43 PM

Posted Image

one game is not a statistic...

#85 Novakaine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,724 posts
  • LocationThe Republic of Texas

Posted 10 September 2024 - 06:52 PM

Nicely done.

#86 kalashnikity

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 611 posts

Posted 11 September 2024 - 02:17 PM

I've been looking though my mechs, biggest problem so far, I bought most of them based on their hard points and quirks, not based on their stock loadout... which we all agree is mostly terrible.

optimized stock BJ-1 is still doing well, with a solid (approximately) ~zero change in Tier.

With quirks and skils, 47% cooldown on AC2 = "almost" 3xAC2, with 4ML, not bad on a 45 ton mech with 4JJ.

p.s. I'm running this series of experiments with stock number of JJ.

I'll be looking for more mechs with quirks that complement their stock weapons.

If nothing else comes from this, at least I'm having fun tinkering in the mech lab and testing results, that's literally half the reason I play this game. Posted Image

#87 kalashnikity

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 611 posts

Posted 11 September 2024 - 02:23 PM

I think I'm at 9 games in the optimized BJ-1, if I Tier up moderately this next match- it will be tied for performance, no net gain or loss.

No Pressure.

#88 kalashnikity

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 611 posts

Posted 12 September 2024 - 08:07 AM

Play some more games in the "optimized stock" BJ-1, it is still doing ok. Not couple terrible build, not a perfect build. The AC2s don't go very well with the Medium Lasers, so I end up sniping most of the time, and only using the ML near the end when the fur ball closes, or when light(s) jumps me, or during the occasional push.

I spent a long time looking at non-hero Inner Sphere Assaults, almost all of them are severely under gunned.

With a few notable exceptions- I played in mechlab and got some respectable builds that could work well in QP.

For example, on one of the Annihilators the four LBX10 could all be put in the chest, we never specified if moving weapon location was banned (if hard points allow it).

One of the Banshee might work well enough, IIRC 2PPC, AC10, 2ML, 2SL. It's not that much better than the AWS-8Q but the extra lasers might give it enough to be an effective brawler.

A few variants of the Stalker should do well.

It was hard to find IS Assaults that had enough weapons, much less weapons that synchronized well.

Sitting there looking at a 95 ton mech with one AC10, one PPC, and a single small laser.Posted Image

I guess in lore it could just step on a flea, or pick up a tree and "Johnny Sweep the Leg" on a catapult... but in this game, no way.

Edited by kalashnikity, 12 September 2024 - 08:09 AM.

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users