Moving

1 reply to this topic

#1 The Waargh

• Pip
  • Elite Founder
  • 15 posts

Posted 22 August 2024 - 06:59 AM

Hey guys, just picked up MW5 after having played MWO since last xmas. But I notice that my mech feels way different in the way it moves compared to MWO.

So the question is, is there a way to adjust settings or something, so I move around the same way in MW5 as I do in MWO..?

Cheers Posted Image

#2 Liquid Leopard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 659 posts
  • LocationChesapeake, VA

Posted 29 August 2024 - 07:54 AM

In case you haven't found your answer elsewhere...
I don't think there's a setting to do what you want, but MW5 allows mods so maybe that will help you.

Part of the difference is that MWO allows you to go up or down in engine size, and the engine size can make the mech turn or accelerate faster. Most players' mech builds involve a bigger engine than it came with.

Also, over the years the pace of MWO has gotten faster, to attract and retain kids who come over from CallofHaloField. Posted Image
The average speed and turn rate of mechs on the field got faster as PGI introduced Clan mechs, and more light mechs and speedy mediums.

MechWarrior 5 doesn't let you change engines (which makes more sense to me) and feels like how I remember MWO from Open Beta testing (i.e. back when I liked MWO).

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users