Nobles anyone?

10 replies to this topic

#1 D the Hunter

• Pip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationRobinson

Posted 02 January 2012 - 01:33 PM

So being that we are of House Davion, I wonder what or how the ruling class will be played out. Any thoughts?

#2 Hayden

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 01:37 PM

View PostD the Hunter, on 02 January 2012 - 01:33 PM, said:

So being that we are of House Davion, I wonder what or how the ruling class will be played out. Any thoughts?

Maybe they'll add something in eventually, but I doubt we'll see any such systems on release.

#3 D the Hunter

• Pip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationRobinson

Posted 02 January 2012 - 02:47 PM

View PostHayden, on 02 January 2012 - 01:37 PM, said:

Maybe they'll add something in eventually, but I doubt we'll see any such systems on release.

I think with the whole community warfare we could see "nobles" banding forces together for a strategic prize. Maybe. Who knows, but it interesting to think that as an element of game play it could be added.

#4 Hayden

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 02:49 PM

View PostD the Hunter, on 02 January 2012 - 02:47 PM, said:

I think with the whole community warfare we could see "nobles" banding forces together for a strategic prize. Maybe. Who knows, but it interesting to think that as an element of game play it could be added.

Yeah, don't get me wrong, it's definitely an appealing notion, but until the game releases I'm hoping they focus more on core elements.

#5 D the Hunter

• Pip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationRobinson

Posted 02 January 2012 - 04:54 PM

True, of course. I am by no means more interested in this aspect of the game as opposed to actual gameplay. I am all for meat and potatoes in that regard! B)

#6 Kenyon Burguess

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 2,619 posts
  • LocationNE PA USA

Posted 02 January 2012 - 05:03 PM

pretty sure anyone with a position of power will be covered by NPC's in the game

#7 Gattling Fenn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 589 posts
  • LocationOverheating in front of a Timberwolf

Posted 04 January 2012 - 11:36 PM

I fail to see why nobility can't just be a re branded name for something else. For instance, "guild" leaders speaking in the MMO sense, may be referred to as nobles. Maybe someone controlling a group of 50 or more pilots is referred to as a duke, and a person holding a force of over a hundred an arch duke.This is a very crude example, but there's no reason it couldn't easily be implemented into the game. Granting pilots titles based on their performance or role.

I'm hoping this game takes a page from EVE Online, in that NPCs serve a minor role, and act more as a sort of protected state, while all the real fun is player dictated.

#8 Scarlett Avignon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 913 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationRichmond, VA

Posted 05 January 2012 - 03:14 PM

I can't imagine House nobles being anything but NPC's. They need to use them to drive storyline.

I would like to see a way to earn favor of the nobles and perhaps minor titles, however.

Wouldn't be too shabby if I could be knighted by Hanse Davion, y'know? :P

#9 Arturus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 503 posts
  • LocationSummer, Skye Federation

Posted 05 January 2012 - 03:25 PM

There's no reason the MW community cannot incorporate nobility for ourselves.

In the Skye Rangers, we already use patents of nobility. With the web host we have (enjin.com), we simply make 'tags' and award them based on whatever criteria selected by the website designer. For now, we are basing titles of nobility based loosely on forum activity, but they are true to the Lyran noble titles 'lore' from the old BT LC sourcebook.

I put this website up in about a week using my old web materials from 2003 and this feature easily allows us to use ranks, medals and noble titles outside of any game platform.

It's just a suggestion, but as previous posters stated, I am sure the game devs will have bigger fish to fry pre-launch. This could be a simple alternative for everyone to enjoy nobility in MW and let the devs do what they do best...making us big friggin' 'Mechs to crunch things with! :P

Good hunting!

.../Salute

Edited by Arturus, 05 January 2012 - 03:28 PM.

#10 D the Hunter

• Pip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationRobinson

Posted 14 January 2012 - 10:49 PM

View PostGattling Fenn, on 04 January 2012 - 11:36 PM, said:

I fail to see why nobility can't just be a re branded name for something else. For instance, "guild" leaders speaking in the MMO sense, may be referred to as nobles. Maybe someone controlling a group of 50 or more pilots is referred to as a duke, and a person holding a force of over a hundred an arch duke.This is a very crude example, but there's no reason it couldn't easily be implemented into the game. Granting pilots titles based on their performance or role.

I'm hoping this game takes a page from EVE Online, in that NPCs serve a minor role, and act more as a sort of protected state, while all the real fun is player dictated.

I like what you are saying. I know for me being a big fan of the Sandoval family of Robinson, it would be nice to incorporate something about them or being a part of that family if I could. Just a thought. I am curious as well to see how the clan blood names factor into this "nobility" discussion too.

#11 Morashtak

• Mercenary
  • 1,242 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 16 January 2012 - 10:10 PM

Land grants awarded through the Loyalty Point system? Would make one tend to stick with their original house/faction and not jump ship at the next juiciest offer.

But, yeah, months from now after the game stabilizes. Then the devs can start tossing around the eye candy and epeen.

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users