Kasai Is A Terrible Mech

13 replies to this topic

#1 misachii

Rookie

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 4 posts

Posted 31 August 2024 - 09:03 AM

Everytime i take kasai out i get only 300 dmg while in all others mechs i consistenly do 500-1000 dmg, even in lights, what is wrong with such a bad legendary?

does anyone have an actuall good build for it? cause it sux.

Edited by misachii, 31 August 2024 - 09:05 AM.

#2 Hawk819

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,669 posts
  • Location666 Werewolf Lane. Transylvania, Romania Ph#: Transylvania 6-5000

Posted 31 August 2024 - 10:16 AM

What I did was looked to the variants, and used them. Like the D variant, just as an example. I did well with G variant, due to the fact that there's Supercharger.

We don't have improved heavy lasers, but that shouldn't stop ya.

The G variant load is as follows:

Lb-x AC/20 - RA
x2 Hvy.Lg. Lasers - LA
St. SRM 6 - LA

I forget where to place the ammo, but keep the TC! It may not affect the AC, but will improve the lasers. If the lasers are too hot. Replace them ER versions, if ya want.

To get a better idea on where everything things goes. Use the record sheets, if you have'em. If not, they be purchased off Catalyst Game Labs store. Hope this helps.

#3 Bud Crue

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,925 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 31 August 2024 - 10:23 AM

You consistently get 500-100 dmg in every other mech in the game? That's amazing. Your consistent performance must be the reason they refuse to buff the Pather 10P, the Anansi, the Sekhmet, the Bandit, etc. Man, if I I only had a single variant of a single mech where I was only getting 300 damage and all others between 500-1000, I think I would just not play that one mech.

#4 misachii

Rookie

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 4 posts

Posted 31 August 2024 - 10:47 AM

View PostHawk819, on 31 August 2024 - 10:16 AM, said:

What I did was looked to the variants, and used them. Like the D variant, just as an example. I did well with G variant, due to the fact that there's Supercharger.

We don't have improved heavy lasers, but that shouldn't stop ya.

The G variant load is as follows:

Lb-x AC/20 - RA
x2 Hvy.Lg. Lasers - LA
St. SRM 6 - LA

I forget where to place the ammo, but keep the TC! It may not affect the AC, but will improve the lasers. If the lasers are too hot. Replace them ER versions, if ya want.

To get a better idea on where everything things goes. Use the record sheets, if you have'em. If not, they be purchased off Catalyst Game Labs store. Hope this helps.

just changed the right arm to Uac20 and left left arm to default of 2Lpls and 2ErmedL
that made the charm, uac20 is the game changer compared to default.
still the low hung arms and low amount of variants on torsos really hurts this mech, had finnally a 800dmg game in it XD

#5 Cyborne Elemental

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,980 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 31 August 2024 - 12:20 PM

Warhawks have never been very good, its another good example of a mech that works great in TT, but doesn't translate into a good mech for MWO.

Even with the Kasai, you end up swapping out 5 of the omnipods just to get some decent quirks on it.

Can it do well?
Sure, when the pilot and build is dialed in.

Does the Warhawk frame or any of its variants do well in all or even most situations, no.

Its one of those mechs that requires way too much effort to be effective, but then again Clans had a limited selection of Assaults in MWO's timeline during the Clan invasion.

#6 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 17,053 posts

Posted 31 August 2024 - 12:49 PM

its a missile warhawk, what did you expect?

#7 kalashnikity

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 597 posts

Posted 31 August 2024 - 04:24 PM

View PostLordNothing, on 31 August 2024 - 12:49 PM, said:

its a missile warhawk, what did you expect?

Missiles are minimally useful in QP, and Warhawk only has energy and ballistic hardpoints in the low slung arms, and no ammo hardpoints in the legs or left torso, meaning you have to put ammo in the right torso or arms.

The best builds I've found (for my own play style).

Prime with 4xErPPC is a decent build, you can fit a level 1 targeting computer and a light beagle probe, get rid of the LRM10, and stack on heat sinks. It's not a top performer because it runs a little hot and doesn't allow a big alpha, but if you position right and stick with a long range team you can consistently get moderately good games

One of the trial builds was 2xErPPC and 2xLPL, which also ran pretty good and allowed you to alpha without heat penalty.

My favorite build is a HAG30 in the right arm and 2erppc in the left arm. 50% ammo buff means I can put 5 1/2 tons (equivalent to 7.75 tons, maybe too much ammo, idk), shave a little armor and fill up the rest with four heat sinks. You could plausibly go less ammo (4 tons HAG ammo = equivalent of 6 tons), more heat sinks (5) and more armor in the right arm if you have trouble with heat, but for me 4 heat sinks was sufficient.

It's ok for peaking corners to snipe, but hill humping is a problem due to the low slug arms, frankly I only own the Warhawk because I earned it in an event a few months ago.

The Kasai doesn't really have many redeeming characteristics. You could do a brawl build with something like a UAC-20, 3xSRM6, 2xS-SRM6, but I'm not a fan of putting ammo for my UAC-20 on the opposite side of the mech from the weapon that uses it.

Edited by kalashnikity, 31 August 2024 - 04:25 PM.

#8 pattonesque

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,427 posts

Posted 01 September 2024 - 10:58 AM

View PostCyborne Elemental, on 31 August 2024 - 12:20 PM, said:

Warhawks have never been very good, its another good example of a mech that works great in TT, but doesn't translate into a good mech for MWO.

Even with the Kasai, you end up swapping out 5 of the omnipods just to get some decent quirks on it.

Can it do well?
Sure, when the pilot and build is dialed in.

Does the Warhawk frame or any of its variants do well in all or even most situations, no.

Its one of those mechs that requires way too much effort to be effective, but then again Clans had a limited selection of Assaults in MWO's timeline during the Clan invasion.

https://mwo.nav-alph...dbbc8_WHK-PRIME
https://mwo.nav-alph...=64f26e34_WHK-C

these two have been good for years, the first one in particular.

I haven't played a Kasai but you could do something similar to both of them on it

https://mwo.nav-alph...e2703e_WHK-KLGD
https://mwo.nav-alph...ca84a2_WHK-KLGD

#9 Tiy0s

Staff

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 110 posts
  • LocationEdo, Turtle Bay

Posted 01 September 2024 - 11:10 AM

There are two Kasai builds that I find particularly good are 4 ERLL + HAG30 or 5 SRM6A + LB20. The primary benefit of the Kasai is the supercharger which allows better positioning. This is especially beneficial on those two builds since they rely so much on their angles and engagement ranges.

Also, Warhawk Prime with 4 ERPPC has probably been the most consistently good mech in MWO. Sleeper pick, not often seen but the WHK-PRIME is definitely a mech everyone should try if they can.

#10 BlueDevilspawn

• PipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 93 posts

Posted 01 September 2024 - 01:13 PM

Agreed on what Tiyos said. You can also modify the HAG30 4ERLL build to be HAG30 and 2 LPL/2ERML.

WHK Prime has long since been a find nearly stock mech. WHK-C is often used to run 5 LPL leveraging its centerline E slot.

A slightly more hipster Kasai build is to use the new arm for 4 ERPPC deadside, using the Supercharger for positioning.

#11 Rosarius

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 193 posts
  • LocationHervey Bay, Australia

Posted 01 September 2024 - 03:28 PM

View PostCyborne Elemental, on 31 August 2024 - 12:20 PM, said:

Quad pepsi warhawk prime has been an S tier mech on Grimmechs for as long as I can remember.

#12 kalashnikity

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 597 posts

Posted 01 September 2024 - 03:34 PM

View PostTiy0s, on 01 September 2024 - 11:10 AM, said:

Also, Warhawk Prime with 4 ERPPC has probably been the most consistently good mech in MWO. Sleeper pick, not often seen but the WHK-PRIME is definitely a mech everyone should try if they can.
+1

4xErPPC is a good build with just enough heat management to make a decent sniper. As long as you position well and reposition properly you can get consistently good games (Short of getting ambushed by a wolf pack at the start of the game). Low on burst damage, but makes up for it with sustained fire and range.

Also happens to be an iconic build, very close to a stock loadout.

The only real weakness is it is weak on hill humping, since you have to expose over half of your mech to fire over a hill/ridge, but that includes most mechs in the game.

Edited by kalashnikity, 01 September 2024 - 03:35 PM.

#13 kalashnikity

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 597 posts

Posted 01 September 2024 - 03:38 PM

View PostTiy0s, on 01 September 2024 - 11:10 AM, said:

The primary benefit of the Kasai is the supercharger which allows better positioning.

I did not notice the supercharger, I'd better take another look at it! :facepalm:

#14 Herr Vorragend

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 583 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 01 September 2024 - 06:02 PM

I´m using 2x cUAC20 on the Kasai.

Works pretty nice and with the supercharger it´s fun to roll.

Edited by Herr Vorragend, 01 September 2024 - 06:03 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users