• LocationPismo Coast

Posted Yesterday, 09:15 AM

take your time, make it rad, push it out until Christmas time if you need to

#22 Lobster in Leggins

• PipPip
  • Big Brother
  • 27 posts

Posted Yesterday, 09:32 AM

rarely taking money into my hands for a game but for MW5 mercenaries i did.and for MW5 clans i definitely gonna do it again d(@_@)d

View PostNoishkel Hauptman, on 17 September 2024 - 10:35 AM, said:

Still hoping for a GOG release for this game. That'd be an instant buy for me.

an instant AAAAAAAAARRRRRRRR! you mean xD

#23 Wing 0

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 818 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted Yesterday, 09:51 AM

At this point it's the right thing for them to do right now. If you guys have noticed lately that a few big titles have come out recently and they were not only terrible, but they have failed miserably in terms of sales and quality. Star Wars Outlaws is a prime example of poor development behavior by Ubisoft and they are in a lot of trouble right now. The other title (AC Shadows) is coming out and it too is also expecting massive trouble.

I could've bought the new COD Black ops but with all the cheating and the low IQ streamers who are playing running aimbots going on, it's not worth playing there. If I'm going to put money somewhere, I'd rather put my money on MechWarrior 5 Clans. At least I know that we don't have much to worry about other than having to update Graphic Card Drivers once it comes out.

So yeah. Right call for PGI to do at this stage of the game. However, I would recommend them they make sure that EVERYTHING is working. Every nook and cranny have been dealt with before release.

Another thing is that they need to throw some Faction play events involving CSJ and DC a few days or weeks before the game launches. Something for us to do while we wait and I'm sure the community will appreciate it.

#24 Will9761

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,670 posts

Posted Yesterday, 10:04 AM

As Shigeru Miyamoto once said, "A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad."

Hopefully PGI is taking their time to make the game look and play better than MW5:Mercs. As long as that is happening, the delay will be worth it.

Edited by Will9761, Yesterday, 08:12 PM.

#25 Noishkel Hauptman

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 27 posts

Posted Yesterday, 11:46 AM

View PostLobster in Leggins, on 18 September 2024 - 09:32 AM, said:

an instant AAAAAAAAARRRRRRRR! you mean xD

It's not that, I just have a burning hatred of DRM which includes steam. I don't do walled gardens, at least not if i can help it.

Edited by Noishkel Hauptman, Yesterday, 12:29 PM.

#26 Peter Prickler

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 27 posts

Posted Yesterday, 01:25 PM

Jep, I remember, that MW5Mercs needed mods to be playable...
Hope PGI learned from this.
But I will buy it at release, like I bought everything for MWO this year, and all DLC for MW5...
I'm glad, that there are battletech-games. Btw, a new mechcommander would be nice. ;)

Edited by Peter Prickler, Yesterday, 01:27 PM.

#27 Croaker Munin

• PipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 81 posts

Posted Yesterday, 01:59 PM

take your time. You now us mechnerds we will buy when it is available.
Just release when it is stable and good.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users