No replies to this topic

#1 MadDach5und

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 46 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted Today, 07:57 AM

I have a rather recent Mini PC that runs basically like a laptop -
I haven't had any serious problems with gaming - save for one - MWO runs the GPU hot, and I get cooling fan activation rather quickly, and rubber-banding frame dropping within a half hour or so.

I'm pretty sure the heat is an issue with the game being developed thru older softwares, textures and layering, since more elaborate newer games don't get those kind of heat problems until a few hours in.

The computer comes pre-installed with AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition and it's got a dazzling number of ways to tweak it - I have no idea where to start. When I've checked the temps of the chips - the CPU has barely any problem, but the GPU jumps into the 70 C range rather quickly.

Computer Specs:
Geekom Mini PC i7
Processor: AMD Ryzen R9 7940HS (4 ghz?)
GPU: AMD Radeon 780M (integrated)
Mem: 32 GB DDR5
SSHD: 2 TB
Windows 11

Edit: Game Played in Windowed Format on 27" monitor - window is usually about 1920x1080 on a 2560x1440 screen

I've had people suggest making a VM partition in Windows 7 to run the thing in it's developer native format - dunno If that's smart, but I do have a huge amount of drive space. What other creative ideas have you got?

Edit: Don't be sarcastic or snarky and say "Buy Something Else" because I'm not. Don't want to hear people bragging about THEIR marvels of technology, either - just want some honest feedback about what tweaks or settings may work best for integrated graphics. Thanks.

Edited by MadDach5und, Today, 08:05 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users