More Internal Structure And Less Armor

2 replies to this topic

#1 AlphaThis

Rookie

• 9 posts

Posted 06 October 2024 - 07:45 PM

I could count the number of times on my fingers I've seen any weapon destroyed without having already lost the entire torso/arm. Crit weapons like LBX are not great on big mechs; you're better off allocating that tonnage to more effective pinpoint DPS. (they are certainly good for small mechs that would have a hard time eating through the existing internal structure health)

If there was more internal structure and less armor, you'd spend more time with 0 armor on some components, creating more interesting scenarios. This would require rebalancing armor tonnage a bit.

Also increase the odds of ammo explosions.

There's tons of mechanics in this game that are cool, but totally unbalanced (rarely occur/aren't impactful), meaning it's better to just core the enemy mech 95% of the time. This is incredibly lame.

#2 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,299 posts

Posted 08 October 2024 - 05:46 AM

I'll give you a thumb-up on the whole thing of Increasing Internal Structure... :)

But you're getting a severe dual-thumbs-down on that concept of Decreasing Mech Armor... <_<

Right now, there is a giant problem still with Time-To-Kill which needs to be rectified. Taking away any Mech Armor at all would allow for a massive speed-up in how fast that Mechs end up dead. Nobody needs such a loss happening, period. -_-

~D. V. "Add More Internal Structure? Sure... Decrease Mech Armor? Not With Those TTK Problems!!!" Devnull

#3 SockSlayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 09 October 2024 - 12:39 AM

All for structure increase, but there is alot of mechs that don't need less armor, I have to agree with
Devnull on this, it would be really annoying to die immediately without a chance to at least fight the foe.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users