#1 Meep Meep

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,906 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted Yesterday, 04:06 PM

Fraking took them long enough.. Posted Image

But seems like its getting some decent upgrades over the recent modern console releases like dlss and such along with increased draw ranges and other graphical goodies.

A decent pre review of what to expect.

Most of the relevant info is in the first part of the video as he gets a bit nerded out on the system spec reqs vs rdr2. Most have guessed that the recommended rdr1 port specs of a 2070 is for 4k 60 unlike rdr2 which was targeting a consoles 1080p 30 fps.

However its going to launch at $50 which for what you get on pc seems a bit steep. But I predict it will go on discount after a few months so they can farm the opportunity buys of people with no patience and have never played it before.

But..

You can play it on pc right now if you have reasonably recent hardware using the Xenia Canary xbox360 emulator and hardware reqs on the latest build have dropped considerably from whats shown in the year old video below. You will ~not~ need a 4090 especially if you are only targeting 1080/1440p. My current rig of 11900k and 3090ti can run it at 4k 144 even adding in a post processing patch that upgrades the lighting etc.

Setting it up is super easy with the latest canary build and its more or less plug and play right out of the box after a quick edit of the config file to set your preferred resolution. You just need an xbox360 controller as m/kb isn't supported. If you don't have the original 360 disks its easy to find a ripped copy on the internet archive software section. Just get disk 1 as thats all you need for the single player story.

Having played both I appreciate the upgrades in visuals and all the extra stuff you can do in rdr2 but imho rdr1 is the far superior wild west experience and the soundtrack is simply superb. You feel like you are in a spaghetti western the entire time from the intro to the end.

It's a masterpiece. Posted Image

Edited by Meep Meep, Yesterday, 05:23 PM.

#2 Ch_R0me

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Named
  • The Named
  • 642 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationIn DireStar with Heavy Naval PPC

Posted Today, 04:40 AM

Well, about time, to be frank.

#3 Meep Meep

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,906 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted Today, 11:57 AM

View PostCh_R0me, on 11 October 2024 - 04:40 AM, said:

Well, about time, to be frank.

Been a few years since I last gave it a serious play only booting it up to see how far xenia had progressed and man what a trip down memory lane its been. I wish I could play it again fresh but its still more than worth a replay. It's sooo much more enjoyable at high frames and resolution and you can appreciate how much detail they put into the world and textures and models even when the 360 and ps3 had to heavily down sample it all just to get in the 25~30 fps range.

Almost like they had planned a pc release but never got around to it. Well here is hoping the pc release is solid so that modders can get their hands on it and upgrade the visuals. I imagine an hd texture pack will be one of the first things offered by the mod scene since AI upscaling works so well now. Animations are perfect already and the models are more than detailed enough. Just needs some crisper textures and beefier effects.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users