• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 95 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 20 October 2024 - 04:13 PM

View Postsimon1812, on 19 October 2024 - 07:01 AM, said:

just want to bring this to your attention because Im curious about it

https://mwomercs.com...late-q3-update/

soooo what happened to october's patch? will there be a Halloween event? october's free mech? balances? new map?

I wasn't around when MW5 Mercs came out but was the MWO page treated in the same way? Did it suddently become all about MW5 like now? I can appreciate that PGI are a small team and have to migrate resources away from their evergreen app MWO but the way the MWO site is completely overrun by MW5 posts is pretty odd. Not one post relating to MWO for over a month.

#23 FRAGTAST1C

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,902 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 20 October 2024 - 06:37 PM

View PostIronClaws, on 20 October 2024 - 10:02 AM, said:

Are you running it at 1080p or 2K or 4K? 3000 series GPUS are not really enough to run modern games with acceptable framerates at any resolution higher than 1080p. Also, I did notice that at least with my 9th gen I5, I see up to about 98% CPU usage when the game is running, so I can't run anything in the background, or the game does stutter and mess up. Running the game in Fullscreen with nothing running in the background (especially Discord) helps.

It's currently at 1080p. I started at 1440p and the frame rate was really sludgy (like, highly viscous water but still water). It's the frame timings that are the issue not the actual frame rate. The game just didn't take frame timing into consideration, seems like.

So now I'm on a mix of High and Max settings on 1080p and DLSS set to Performance. The game is poorly optimised given that the recommended requirements are way lower than what my PC is.

And no, it's got nothing to do with "modern" games. They are just poorly optimised. Similar to how some games like Remnant 2, Black Myth, etc., expect people to have Frame Gen ON and DLSS or FSR on Blalanced or lower. It's a crutch and it doesn't solve the frame timings. If frame timing is bad, it doesn't matter if you are getting 60fps even for 75% of the time. The game still looks and feels bad to play. Hope PGI gets on this issue soon.

#24 rascje

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 452 posts

Posted 20 October 2024 - 10:57 PM

View Postsimon1812, on 19 October 2024 - 07:01 AM, said:

just want to bring this to your attention because Im curious about it

https://mwomercs.com...late-q3-update/

soooo what happened to october's patch? will there be a Halloween event? october's free mech? balances? new map?

Let's try to find some info on the mw5clans site... Posted Image

#25 IronClaws

• PipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 38 posts

Posted Yesterday, 12:03 AM

View PostFRAGTAST1C, on 20 October 2024 - 06:37 PM, said:

It's currently at 1080p. I started at 1440p and the frame rate was really sludgy (like, highly viscous water but still water). It's the frame timings that are the issue not the actual frame rate. The game just didn't take frame timing into consideration, seems like.

So now I'm on a mix of High and Max settings on 1080p and DLSS set to Performance. The game is poorly optimised given that the recommended requirements are way lower than what my PC is.

And no, it's got nothing to do with "modern" games. They are just poorly optimised. Similar to how some games like Remnant 2, Black Myth, etc., expect people to have Frame Gen ON and DLSS or FSR on Blalanced or lower. It's a crutch and it doesn't solve the frame timings. If frame timing is bad, it doesn't matter if you are getting 60fps even for 75% of the time. The game still looks and feels bad to play. Hope PGI gets on this issue soon.

I think the recommended requirements were a bit low, it would probably run best with a modern CPU and 4000 series card. It ran well enough that I was able to beat the game after a couple days no-lifing it. The ending screams for a DLC, so hopefully they will optimize the game a bit before then and maybe I will have some new hardware by then too.

#26 Pyc_MadWolf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 178 posts
  • LocationSaint-Petersburg, Russia.

Posted Yesterday, 12:56 AM

Now all modern games are being honed for DLSS and similar new technologies. This is a given and an inevitability. These new version technologies work well and they are required for RT. There's a reason drivers are made with these peebloods. And I checked with the developers, the recommended requirements specifically for FHD were tested with DLSS enabled. Now all the games are playing with them, especially very demanding ones and you just have to remember to turn them on.

#27 FRAGTAST1C

• The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,902 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted Yesterday, 01:02 AM

Can anyone point me to where MW5 Clans' Raytracing options are located?

#28 IronClaws

• PipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 38 posts

Posted Yesterday, 01:15 AM

I found an error in one of the cinematics:

Spoiler

Edited by IronClaws, Yesterday, 01:16 AM.

#29 BMKA

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 110 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationChile

Posted Yesterday, 07:10 AM

for some reason, I still cant play in my notebook, even though I have recommended system req.
I know you might not read this, but please continue working on optimization and frame performances.

Love toy guys.

#30 Oriffel

• PipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 46 posts

Posted Yesterday, 09:01 AM

Not sure were to post this, but,
sometimes, if my star mates are far away, and a cut scene triggers/map boundary changes, they all spawn under ground and the game eventually freezes up.

Also, they keep shooting me (especially) and other allies when i try and get them to snipe. I get that we can only expect very limited improvements in the AI, but can we get a Friendly Fire toggle to compensate for this? my star mates are just as deadly as the enemies, and they keep walking in front of me as i am actively firing. It really takes the fun down a level when they're that incompetent to the point of it feeling like sabotage.

#31 TheCaptainJZ

• The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,680 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted Yesterday, 10:54 AM

View PostKano111, on 20 October 2024 - 04:13 PM, said:

I wasn't around when MW5 Mercs came out but was the MWO page treated in the same way? Did it suddently become all about MW5 like now? I can appreciate that PGI are a small team and have to migrate resources away from their evergreen app MWO but the way the MWO site is completely overrun by MW5 posts is pretty odd. Not one post relating to MWO for over a month.

Yes, sort of. It's because they didn't really create websites for their other games other than for marketing. This site is the only one with a forum for user engagement of any kind.

EDIT:
MW5 Mercs did have an official Discord but I don't use Discord so I'm not sure if it was just for early adopters or if they still maintain it. I didn't hear if they set one up for Clans at all.

Edited by TheCaptainJZ, Today, 05:56 AM.

#32 IronClaws

• PipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 38 posts

Posted Yesterday, 01:21 PM

View PostOriffel, on 21 October 2024 - 09:01 AM, said:

Not sure were to post this, but,
sometimes, if my star mates are far away, and a cut scene triggers/map boundary changes, they all spawn under ground and the game eventually freezes up.

Also, they keep shooting me (especially) and other allies when i try and get them to snipe. I get that we can only expect very limited improvements in the AI, but can we get a Friendly Fire toggle to compensate for this? my star mates are just as deadly as the enemies, and they keep walking in front of me as i am actively firing. It really takes the fun down a level when they're that incompetent to the point of it feeling like sabotage.

The AI star mates are also really bad about crossing into your line of fire and then telling you to improve your aim.

#33 GargoyleVine

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 111 posts
  • LocationPismo Coast

Posted Yesterday, 01:37 PM

HARD crash running steam on proving grounds after destroying both mechs and the t-wolf cut scene, was saving then crashed and didn't save, will try again later

#34 GargoyleVine

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 111 posts
  • LocationPismo Coast

Posted Yesterday, 08:47 PM

well did what I could and still won't let me past proving grounds so maybe send me a refund because this is...

#35 GargoyleVine

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 111 posts
  • LocationPismo Coast

Posted Yesterday, 09:12 PM

so bummed, can't go to the repair bay and repair the summoner then fight the t-wolf then get the t-wolf and not have my game un-playable beyond that point, really bummed and surprised at the same time, maybe time to delete yall and valve and just go back to console

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users