Posted Yesterday, 03:53 PM

And first again!

#3 Manboobs-sama

• PipPip
  • The Ogre
  • The Ogre
  • 32 posts

Posted Yesterday, 05:01 PM

Hyper poptarting has been the most I've have playing this game in a while. I couldn't stop laughing as I jump like 400 meters in the air basically negating all cover on most maps. It's not a good way to play, but it sure is fun.

#4 Khalcruth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Steiner
  • Hero of Steiner
  • 813 posts
  • LocationYou gotta lose your mind in Detroit! Rock City!

Posted Yesterday, 05:05 PM

So you can build this thing with the three best energy weapons you feel like, plus 8 ap guass. I'm sure there will be no balance issues at all.

Anyone that thinks the IS is PGI's favorite is completely out of their mind.

Edited by Khalcruth, Yesterday, 05:06 PM.

#5 simon1812

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 722 posts

Posted Yesterday, 05:28 PM

ok ....it looks like the same summoner but with more hard points, am I missing something?...shut up and take my money?.... Im not sure, maybe if it had a new makeover to stand out from the old summoner, nothing too crazy but still recognizable as a summoner? maybe? pretty sure this one is worth waiting until its at the in-game-store for MCs

#6 Pondafarr

• Pip
  • The Phantasm
  • The Phantasm
  • 19 posts

Posted Yesterday, 05:50 PM

View Postsimon1812, on 22 October 2024 - 05:28 PM, said:

ok ....it looks like the same summoner but with more hard points, am I missing something?...shut up and take my money?.... Im not sure, maybe if it had a new makeover to stand out from the old summoner, nothing too crazy but still recognizable as a summoner? maybe? pretty sure this one is worth waiting until its at the in-game-store for MCs

it is a lore-compatible mech (aside from the hero), the Summoner is the Thor, this is the Thor-II. I think the masc and jumpiness will be an asset.

#7 simon1812

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 722 posts

Posted Yesterday, 06:38 PM

View PostPondafarr, on 22 October 2024 - 05:50 PM, said:

it is a lore-compatible mech (aside from the hero), the Summoner is the Thor, this is the Thor-II. I think the masc and jumpiness will be an asset.

I would have retouched the overall appearance at least, but if everybody its ok with it...and the tag price, then I guess it must be fine.

#8 johnnyq666

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 25 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted Yesterday, 08:24 PM

hi
no event for this mech ?

and is this a "buy" to be qualified for

"Eligibility Conditions
  • Have purchased, during the Eligibility period, any Clan Pack, Clan Hero, or Clan Reinforcement Variant from the Premium Packages Pages
Eligibility Status
  • Posted Image Unqualified
Rewards

COM-IIC(L)"

Edited by johnnyq666, Yesterday, 08:25 PM.

#9 Exarch Jonah Levin

• PipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 22 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted Yesterday, 09:07 PM

Crossposting from the patch thread since this one wasn't up yet:

Don't get me wrong, no one is more excited than I am that for the first time ever, one of the Dark Age mech designs created by Wizkids has made it into an official MechWarrior game as something other than a mod.

However, please do literally anything to make it look like the Thor II. You already have the correct left arm model, at least just mirror it and put it on the right side, for goodness' sake. The entire reason the Thor II got turned into a different mech from the original Summoner was because people noticed it looked so different from it. But this is virtually identical to the Summoner visually. I know that kind of work is in short supply for the MWO team, but if even that much was out of reach then you should have considered the Thor II out of reach.

#10 CSJ Edward

Rookie

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 2 posts

Posted Today, 12:17 AM

More hardpoints because it has no hard-mounted jump jets.

#11 FRAGTAST1C

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,904 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted Today, 05:05 AM

Err... why is this not on Steam like the Black Hawk, Otomo Pack and such?

#12 simon1812

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 722 posts

Posted Today, 05:36 AM

View PostCSJ Edward, on 23 October 2024 - 12:17 AM, said:

More hardpoints because it has no hard-mounted jump jets.

that's cool but even so, it sounds just like another variant for the summoner (like lets say...the grand dragon is to the dragon?), it could be even a legendary mech rather, so I question whether making the "summoner II" its own mech group (4 variants right? ) apart from the original summoner's group is even justified considering how much effort was put into it...whats visually different from the original summoner? those things (spatulas?) in the arms?

hell should I be surprise if PGI grabs the old blood asp's model and simply renames it the haupmann and introduce it to the game??.... should they? suuuuure they should of course!! but at least put some makeup on it before doing that. and then go ahead and hang that $20-40 price tag.

#13 Hanks 427

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 38 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted Today, 09:36 AM

It also has endo steel

#14 sebzrules

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 9 posts

Posted Today, 11:52 AM

So MechDB had Improved Jump Jets fit into the E variant, Is this true??

#15 CSJ Edward

Rookie

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 2 posts

Posted Today, 12:02 PM

From Sarna.net: "The Grand Summoner E devotes most of its pod space to mount eight improved jump jets, split between the side torsos, giving it a 240-meter jump radius that rivals that of most light 'Mechs. This Configuration carries a simple but effective all-energy weapon loadout, consisting of an ER PPC in each arm backed up by an ER Small Laser in the center torso. Two extra double heat sinks keep this Grand Summoner cool."

I assume since there are no improved JJ in MWO you would have to use regular JJ if you want them. Also, the "simple but effective" loadout would basically hit like a wet noodle in MWO, since Clan weapons are so horribly nerfed in MWO, it would basically just be a less-effective Summoner Prime.

Edited by CSJ Edward, Today, 12:03 PM.

#16 BlueDevilspawn

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 117 posts

Posted Today, 12:12 PM

There are certainly iJJ in MWO but locked to the Grand Summoner in the bonus E torsos.

When I was conceptualizing the Grand Summoner, I wanted a 70 tonner that wasn't slow (NCT), fragile (SNS), or pod space limited (SMN). Using ES to bring the Grand Summoner to life seemed the right approach. However, due to variants with no JJ (e.g., B, C) there was the possibility of building one with just 1 CT JJ which would've made it far superior to the original SMN and maybe even the Timby (same pod space, better hitboxes and survival).
So, the initial decision was to only make non-JJ Grand Summoners as a mobility "cost" of having ground speed, survival, and firepower. Part way through the design process, we discussed using the -E variant's iJJ as a way to provide the option of jumps but force trade offs for that (balance) because each one weighs 2 tons and take 2 crit slots..
If you take one -E torso (4 iJJ, 8 tons and 8 crit slots) you net out 0.5 tons ahead of the original SMN but also 15 crit slots less (7 from ES and 8 from the iJJ). I consciously didn't hardpoint inflate the P/B/C variants so you do have the tonnage to mount big guns as opposed to boating many small ones. This felt like a proper tradeoff in terms of PvP balance.
Tbf, the Talon hero variant is a complete homebrew that did get unique hardpoints with a bit of inflation, but it was meant to entirely showcase the newer weapons from the most recent weapons pass.

11 user(s) are reading this topic

2 members, 9 guests, 0 anonymous users