• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 02 August 2012 - 01:33 PM

View PostGail Piazzi, on 02 August 2012 - 12:19 PM, said:

I most assuredly want a Marauder because it's a gorgeous piece of machinery. I'm a strictly heavy/assault jock and that is definitely the prettiest of the bunch.

Mine and dad's philosophy is just that the mech should be able to run and alpha and stay off the heat scale.

Speaking of which - HI DAD.
Mostly this. I have a soft spot (in my heart) for the Warhammer also. Those who mock the tried and true 3025s. Know the fun of having them. It would be like finding out that there would no longer be a Timber Wolf or Dire Wolf in the Clan Arsenal. Nope sorry you can no longer use the image of your favorite Clan platforms of destruction... Get over it! That is how it sounds. It doesn't matter that the Timber Wolf has become the face of CBT, that image is now gone.

Nostalgia is a hard master to whip. Though there are better weapon platforms out there, you love your first ride... Forever. I'm a Battlemaster Pilot first and foremost. As a clanner, I an a Stone Rhino! Ask around, I can kill 4 times my tonnage in one and normally walk off the field under my own power (using honor rules!)!

Hi 1st Daughter of Death!!!

Edited by Joseph Mallan, 02 August 2012 - 01:33 PM.

#22 Gail Piazzi

• PipPipPip
  • 77 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 02 August 2012 - 02:01 PM

First? Only you old fart.

What was that one medium mech you danced with Don in at Solaris? The Stone Rhino and Battlemaster are what always comes to mind when I think of you, though.

And I'm pretty sure if the pissed off kitty isn't in the clan arsenal there'll be riots.

#23 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 02 August 2012 - 02:07 PM

That dance was not in a Medium but a Light Mech. The Mongoose v a Jenner D! Much respect was earned for the Jenner that day!!

Much as the BattleTech world rioted when we lost The 13! But the game would survive. It has survived the Unseen, Clans, and Word of Toaster Jihad! It would survive loosing the Timber Wolf.

Edited by Joseph Mallan, 02 August 2012 - 02:08 PM.

#24 CharlieV

• PipPip
  • 48 posts
  • LocationCzech Republic

Posted 06 August 2012 - 12:56 AM

I've becomed fan of MechWarrior in my early teens, when here in Czecch was for first time published Saga of the Gray Death Legion (sadly only first three books) and few technical manuals, Tales of the Black widow company and something more I don't remember. Technical manuals and scenario books were too expensive, translation on first GD legion book inaccurate in terms of mech names (they translate mech nicknames too, some of them using czech equivalent for their original nick: Archer-Lukostřelec; others lightly adapted for better impression: Marauder-Marabu). On the end of books were original arts, that days clearly wasn't any problem with displaying them.

For this reason (and poor quality of internet) I wasnt aware of something like "unseen", so I didn't know reason why there are no "old ones" in MechCommander (my first game from BT universe). And I still dont get where is problem with unseen. OK, copyright for their designs have another company, but they dont want sell right to use them to anyone? Or they want too much money?

#25 Elessar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,100 posts
  • LocationHesperus II

Posted 06 August 2012 - 01:28 AM

View PostCharlieV, on 06 August 2012 - 12:56 AM, said:

And I still dont get where is problem with unseen. OK, copyright for their designs have another company, but they dont want sell right to use them to anyone? Or they want too much money?

Dunno, but I assume it is the latter.
The truely bad thing is, that FASA actually had the rights to the Macross mechs images directly from the japanese creators,
but that the rights for the Macross series within the USA were owned by another company (which was the oine who fought the battle against FASAs use of the unseen mechs).
(which, if I understand it correctly, means, that FASA would have been able to continue publishing/using the unseen outside of the USA without problems)

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users