#81 Khushrenada

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 251 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 05 January 2012 - 05:51 PM

View PostJohn Dragon, on 05 January 2012 - 12:45 PM, said:

I'm guessing you guys are still working on this, but how are you going to use/control these warfare tactics? Are you just going to press a key and a satellite is sent up over the battlefield? Or are you going to be able to be able to adjust where the satellite is going to be sent so that it'll be harder for units to evade vision in that part of the battlefield, assuming that satellites might look as it does in the MechWarrior trailer?

hmm i think you got something wrong there mate. that thing in the trailer is a UAV and can only be used to do surveillance on parts of the map.
a satellite actually doesn`t need controlling, since he flies at such high altitude, he can easily cover the whole battlefield. :P

#82 Derick Cruisaire

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 247 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 05 January 2012 - 06:57 PM

View PostAegis Kleais™, on 04 January 2012 - 03:32 PM, said:

QUESTION - With proposed allowances to customize your Mech's look, it may not be possible to conform all Mechs that belong to a team to the same visual style (previous games forced skin colors, ie, Red vs. Blue). So how the LOS/D system work to identify a Mech as Friend/Foe? Does the HUD play a role here?

Along this line. Will pilots be broadcasting there callsign for indentification purposes? And perhaps a way of gaining some fame/notoriety throughout the Inner Sphere? (Man, "pilot X" is a crack shot with that PPC.)

Also. How detailed will the thermal detection be? Will we see a generic signature for a Mech? Or will there be ways to garner more detailed information? Such as: That barrel on the right arm is white hot. I'll bet that's a PPC not an Autocannon. That Mech is running particularly hot. Now's a good time to shower it with some Inferno rounds or a Flamer or two. Things of that sort.

#83 zverofaust

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,093 posts
  • LocationMontreal

Posted 05 January 2012 - 07:18 PM

The word "targeting information" is used a lot in the blog. Is this to differentiate it from a simple basic knowledge of the enemy unit's existence?

Will an enemy unit outside of LOS, with no C3 or target-sharing module being used, still be seen as a non-descript, unknown "dot" on the map, with the target's Mech type and such (actual target information) ONLY showing if C3 Network/a special module is used?

#84 ArchSight

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 492 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 08:30 PM

Can you be detected by LOS while jump jetting over a Battle Mech or Support Unit?

#85 verybad

• 4,229 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 09:32 PM

Will deployable UAVs be crit and or mass using items. Will UAVs be mobile (ie remote controlled), will they be limited timeframe (using fuel)and will they be targetable by players.

#86 Celestial

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 09:41 PM

Will there be a Global illumination system like in Crysis 2?

#87 zverofaust

• 2,093 posts
  • LocationMontreal

Posted 06 January 2012 - 11:55 AM

The dev blog says:

"Sharing of target information is also no longer inclusive and requires a Module or C3 Master/Slave unit."

This seems to indicate that there is something other than C3 Master/Slave that can transmit target data to teammates, or that the C3 is not actually a conventional "module". Please elaborate?

#88 Khushrenada

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 251 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 06 January 2012 - 03:53 PM

View Postzverofaust, on 06 January 2012 - 11:55 AM, said:

The dev blog says:

"Sharing of target information is also no longer inclusive and requires a Module or C3 Master/Slave unit."

This seems to indicate that there is something other than C3 Master/Slave that can transmit target data to teammates, or that the C3 is not actually a conventional "module". Please elaborate?

actually i understand that sentence the other way round. you NEED a C3 unit to broadcast enemy target information.

"Sharing of target information is also no longer inclusive" means for me you can not transmit enemy target information to your team anymore like in other games without using special modules for that purpose. for example in the crysis mod living legends the whole team can see complete target informations (armor health, mech type), once the enemy was spotted from any member of your team, without using any modules for that.

#89 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 07 January 2012 - 01:07 PM

Will the acquisition of a weapons-lock be required for accurate weapons fire?

(I'm asking this in the Information Warfare section because it involves stealth, scouting, and dealing with battlefield ECM)

#90 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 01:12 PM

Will allies have a way to track each other's health [other than by manually targeting friendly units one-at-a-time]?

#91 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 01:13 PM

Will Mechwarrior Online follow suit with the old Mechwarrior games and always provide you a readout of your targeted enemy's health profile [assuming you're in direct line of sight]?

#92 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 01:30 PM

Will this version of MechWarrior have any functional-aesthetics such as radar-absorbing or -amplifying paint?

Edited by Prosperity Park, 07 January 2012 - 01:31 PM.

#93 wyggles

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 23 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 07 January 2012 - 02:02 PM

Would the module board be visually represented by the console in your 'Mech? For instance, one of the modules could be a mini-map type view of an active UAV drone allowing you to keep an eye on your immediate surroundings as well.(this is assuming the UAV is still capable of hovering like in the '09 proof of concept and not a predator-like drone, although that would be cool as well)

Edited by wyggles, 07 January 2012 - 02:02 PM.

#94 Omigir

Can I have a hug? :(

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,800 posts
  • LocationVa

Posted 07 January 2012 - 09:04 PM

General purpose maps

Q: Will there be a persistant (and unpopulated overhead map) always available, or will you only have a map when there is overhead? If so, how will waypoints be veiwed if there is no sat or UAV available <not if jamed but just none over the battle space> how will way points or simple battlespace navigation take place?

#95 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 12:01 AM

Will attackers have any knowledge, other than climate, of the map/battlefield layout prior to a live-fire engagement?

#96 Octobit

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 29 posts
  • LocationVictoria, Australia

Posted 08 January 2012 - 01:23 AM

Will radar still have a passive mode, and if so, how does it work?

#97 karish

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 184 posts
  • LocationKansas

Posted 08 January 2012 - 08:39 AM

what platforms will be able to load all of this Electronic goodness on? in any form of warfare you always have the advanced scouts finding targets. units protecting the fire support. units trying to find and take out the ECM/spotter units. you can have two rolls in the ECM world of warfare --- spotters / target identifiers and protection / spoofers.

how will these light units earn their EXP, will the more targets spotted help will Jamming the targeting of a fire support unit give more will breaking through the lines finding their firesuport units and putting a HIT ME HERE tag on them so our fire suport units rain LRM's from afar

#98 MuffinTop

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,089 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationNext door to nobody.

Posted 08 January 2012 - 11:33 AM

Dear Devs and others that are running the show can you please elaborate on this article,and give us some nuggets of info for some of us that are chomping on the bit for more info? http://www.escapistm...rfare-Explained

#99 Sir Aaron

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 61 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 01:52 PM

Will the tracking of missiles be lost if i lose the LOSD? For example if i fire missiles on a mech far away but steep into a deep hole the next second and lose LOSD because of that .. will my missiles miss? just run straight ahead, or being already locked on moving on their own?

If i produce a lot of heat like shooting a alpha strike, a ppc or something similar, will i be more easily to spot on the radar?

If i burn some trees or other mech likes structures will they aper as mechs on the radar? If i blow up some gas tanks or produce another source of explosion will the enemy get a target is destroyed sign? To the same question. If i kill somebody will i get a message like in counterstrike x killed x? Or will i only know for sure that i took a enemy down when i see him ejecting / his mech blowing up?

Will it be possible to know the estimated number of enemy's up ahead. Will it be always even number teams?

#100 ArchSight

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 492 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 03:02 PM

Will there be estimated time of arrival to way points so players can coordinate their strikes at the same time?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users