ISN News Flash

11 replies to this topic

#1 InnerSphereNews

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,798 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 09:00 AM

Tue. Jan 3, 3049: In spite of AFFC pressure, the Nunivak CR still display their original command’s name, “Remagen CMM”, with pride.

EDIT: The change you didn't see isn't here.

Edited by Garth Erlam, 03 January 2012 - 10:31 AM.

#2 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 03 January 2012 - 09:04 AM

Federated Commonwealth infighting? B)

#3 Dlardrageth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,198 posts
  • LocationF.R.G.

Posted 03 January 2012 - 09:19 AM

It is a mere militia unit what do you expect? Sure, it is one of their more renowned ones, but we all know that your average Davion militia units is about as "green" as a NAIS cadre. B) In no way comparable to a Marik Militia unit,that goes without saying. You cannot expect the imitation to live up to the original's standards...

#4 Strum Wealh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 5,025 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 03 January 2012 - 09:43 AM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 03 January 2012 - 09:00 AM, said:

Tue. Jan 3, 3049: In spite of AFFC pressure, the Remagen CMM still display their original command’s name, “Nunivak CR”, with pride.

Hmmm... B)
It seems like it should be the other way around, according to Sarna:

The original Remagen Combat Region was renamed the Nunivak Combat Region following the formation of the Federated Commonwealth, but the Remagen CMM refused to change their name.

It should be noted that Remagen and Nunivak are two planets in separate systems, but close enough to one another (56.80 LY apart) to be considered within the same region... and that the Remagen CMM is but a small part of the larger Crucis March Militia, which "is tasked with guarding the core of the Federated Suns. While most of the CrMM doesn't see much action, the border combat regions often deal with pirate raids."

So, they're the FedSuns version of the Coast Guard and/or National Guard?

-----

View PostAdridos, on 03 January 2012 - 09:04 AM, said:

Federated Commonwealth infighting? :(

Not really - the members of the Remagen CMM clearly have a strong sense of pride in their unit's identity and history and preferred to retain the original name to symbolize both that pride and the objects thereof... and were apparently allowed to keep the unit's name by the brass, likely because TPTB recognized and sympathized with the Remagen CMM's sentiments.

That sort of pride and sense of identity makes the Remagen CMM seem like the sort of gents that would fight hard and fight well under all conditions, especially during the toughest of times... :P

FedSuns and FedCom FTW! -_-

#5 Lina Thoren

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 138 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans, LA

Posted 03 January 2012 - 09:51 AM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 03 January 2012 - 09:00 AM, said:

Tue. Jan 3, 3049: In spite of AFFC pressure, the Nunivak CR still display their original command’s name, “Remagen CMM”, with pride.

Wait, isn't it the other way around? (No, it isn't. See? All is well.) I thought it was oricinally named the Remagen CMM, and the AFFC unsuccessfully tried to change the name to "Nunivak CMM", to match the new name of the reorganized combat region.

That aside, their reaction is understandable. The thing with a March Militia unit is that they engender great loyalty to their region of space. I've been with the Alexandria SMM almost since it's founding, and I know we'd bristle at some REMF-type who's never even visited our rock (and never will) changing our name for "administrative purposes." And our unit isn't even ten years old yet. so I'd imagine it'd go even worse for one that's long-established.

Edited by Garth Erlam, 03 January 2012 - 10:30 AM.

#6 RoundTop

• PipPip
  • 48 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC, Canada

Posted 03 January 2012 - 10:09 AM

I passed it along to the Author to confirm (Note: I have no affiliation with Pirhanna, MWO, or CGL)

#7 Thorn Hallis

• 5,902 posts
  • LocationUnited States of Paranoia

Posted 03 January 2012 - 10:43 AM

View PostDlardrageth, on 03 January 2012 - 09:19 AM, said:

It is a mere militia unit what do you expect? Sure, it is one of their more renowned ones, but we all know that your average Davion militia units is about as "green" as a NAIS cadre. B) In no way comparable to a Marik Militia unit,that goes without saying. You cannot expect the imitation to live up to the original's standards...

Well, looking into the history of the Marik Militia regiments I see no reason why anyone would voluntarily imitate them.

#8 VEDRFOLNIR

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 154 posts
  • LocationMidwest USA

Posted 03 January 2012 - 02:44 PM

View PostAdridos, on 03 January 2012 - 09:04 AM, said:

Federated Commonwealth infighting? B)

I think there'd be a certain amount of resistance to changes fostered by the AFFC - a lot of these units have been around for centuries, with proud heritages.

#9 Dlardrageth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,198 posts
  • LocationF.R.G.

Posted 04 January 2012 - 03:01 AM

View PostThorn Hallis, on 03 January 2012 - 10:43 AM, said:

Well, looking into the history of the Marik Militia regiments I see no reason why anyone would voluntarily imitate them.

Let's see, the 9th Marik Militia fought Wolf''s Dragoons twice during the Marik Civil War and survived that both times... hm... guess that is no big deal then? Probably not by FedCom standards, they probably beat Wolf's Dragoons regularily with cadres of first-year cadets, right? At least if you listen to them telling the stories... ^_^

#10 Dihm

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,312 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationPlanet Trondheim

Posted 04 January 2012 - 05:18 AM

Where's Ghost hiding at? I've missed his more in-depth background additions lately. ^_^

#11 Ravn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 538 posts
  • LocationMN or ID or...Middle East

Posted 04 January 2012 - 03:42 PM

Agreed. Where is Ghost?

#12 Thorn Hallis

• 5,902 posts
  • LocationUnited States of Paranoia

Posted 04 January 2012 - 04:59 PM

View PostDlardrageth, on 04 January 2012 - 03:01 AM, said:

Let's see, the 9th Marik Militia fought Wolf''s Dragoons twice during the Marik Civil War and survived that both times...

...barely. The 9th had less then a battalion after their withdrawel from Emris IV and Vanra.

Remagen Crucis March Militia

Once known as theRemagen Combat Region, the Nunivak CR was renamed as part of the internal reorganisation that followed the creation of the Federated Commonwealth. However, the region's Militia retained its old name, fighting off several attempts to rename it during the 3040s. The most reent, in 3045, almost resulted in a mutiny and persuaded the AFFC to leave the unit alone.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users