128 replies to this topic

#21 Rasengetsu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 133 posts
  • LocationCanada, Quebec

Posted 31 July 2012 - 10:50 AM

"Bourbon eh, top quality too. To opportunity indeed." he said as he smushed what was left of his cigar in the ashtray, raised his glass and gulped the beverage while still tasting it to its fullest.
"I already feel better about the accommodations, especially with the good company." Keed softly said while taking a look at the two female mercs.

#22 ChaosGrinder

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 881 posts
  • LocationNew Eden

Posted 31 July 2012 - 02:09 PM

Date: August 19, 3044
Local Time: 18.50 hours

Spitfire took a big gulp of the bourbon and nodded in approval. One of the finest she ever had. That Owen shure knew what to drink.
"You sure have taste when it comes to drinking", she said nodding faintly toward Owen.

She eyeballed the guy who was introduced to her as Revin. " So you´re no lone wolf are you ? Get used to work alone."

After a few seconds she continued.

" What makes you that you think you´re the right one for this job ? No doubt you´re good at what you are doing, but why applying here ?"

This is liek the 1000000 edit !

Edited by ChaosGrinder, 31 July 2012 - 03:42 PM.

#23 Vodkavaiator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 427 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 31 July 2012 - 03:36 PM

(After Remi/Keed discussing what exactly a Spitfire is - Per the request of the honorable Mr. Spears, Rogue)

"Did you know that R. J. Mitchel created the original design in 1931 to meet Air Ministry specification F7/30 for a new and modern fighter capable of 251 mph (404 km/h)..." Dirk began before launching into a disjointed monologue concerning the design, creation and operational history of the Spitfire.

At first Rudbeck smiled politely, nodding occasionally as Dirk began to grow increasingly excited having now shifted his discussion to how early fighter designs would come to shape many of the basic principles employed in the design of even modern AeroSpace Fighters.

Noticing the disinterested and occasionally confused looks which soon filled the faces of the other mercenaries, Remi realized that it was time to move on other matters. With the heavy wooden table hiding his movements from the view of any of the others Remi calmly raised his left foot before bringing it down in a heavy stamp on the top of Dirk's foot.

Turning around with a look of shock, pain and perhaps a little betrayal Dirk turned to face his attacker. Rudbeck discreetly nodded in the direction of their contact, as Dirk's mouth twisted into shape of an "O".

Coughing politely into his hand Rudbeck returned his attention to the others as Dirk whispered angrily to him, "You could have just told me to stop talking you know, what is it with you and hitting people? Anger control issues?"

---------------------------------

(After "Jean's" introduction)

Rudbeck held the glass of Bourbon carefully under his nose, letting the smokey smell of the whiskey seep into his nostrils as he slowly inhaled. Shifting the glass away from him he swirled it slowly, watching the reddish liquid travel along the edge of the glass before taking what only amounted to a small sip of whiskey Rolling the Bourbon across his tongue, the mercenary sat quietly musing on it's quality and flavor. Only when he was sure that he could learn nothing more from this sample tasting did he slowly swallow, replacing the glass on the top of the table.

A self-taught aficionado of strong liquors, particularly whiskey, Rudbeck raised an eyebrow questioningly as Keed quickly downed his glass of liquor followed soon after by Spitfire who seemed to employ a similar strategy as she quickly swallowed a large portion of her own drink. Listening to the words of praise the pair offered for the Bourbon, Rudbeck choose to keep his silence at the shameful waste of good spirits he had just seen. He doubted very much that either had tasted anything other than the comforting burn of the strong whiskey. A tragedy he reflected that a Bourbon of such particular note would be wasted in such a manner.

"My compliments on the Bourbon Mr. Owens," He finally began addressing their host,"It is not often one has the pleasure to find a wheated one of such note these days. If I may presume to be so bold as to ask, to whom does the honor of creating such a fine Whiskey belong?"

Edited by Vodkavaiator, 31 July 2012 - 04:09 PM.

#24 Rasengetsu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 133 posts
  • LocationCanada, Quebec

Posted 31 July 2012 - 03:55 PM

View PostChaosGrinder, on 31 July 2012 - 02:09 PM, said:

She eyeballed the guy who was introduced to her as Revin. " So you´re no lone wolf are you ? Get used to work alone."

After a few seconds she continued.

" What makes you that you think you´re the right one for this job ? No doubt you´re good at what you are doing, but why applying here ?"

"Whoever said I was the right one for the job anyways, I only needed to hear two words. Fight and money. That's all I needed to know to be interested, though I suppose I was approached for my combat prowess and tinkering skills." Keed said while looking straight into the chestnut haired female merc's "eyes".

Edited by Rasengetsu, 31 July 2012 - 04:46 PM.

#25 ChaosGrinder

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 881 posts
  • LocationNew Eden

Posted 31 July 2012 - 04:31 PM

View PostRasengetsu, on 31 July 2012 - 03:55 PM, said:

"Whoever said I was the right one for the job anyways, I only needed to hear two words. Fight and money. That's all I needed to know to be interested, though I suppose I was approached for my combat prowess and tinkering skills." Keed said while looking straight into the chestnut haired female merc's brown eyes.

" Fighting skills you say. I guess your crime record should tell me. But we´ll see how you do if we´re out and fighting."

She rolled her cigaret between her fingers wearing away a dramatic pause.

" You ever heard o-... Hey buddy my eyes are. Up. Here. Man. "

She sighted, chuckled and took another drag from her cigaret. " Want one too ? " she said offering Revin a small metal box and a petrol lighter. " Self rolled. Best ones you´ll find around here i guess. " Cigarettes and beer, that was the stuff that sometimes kept her up and running. She used to smoke since she was a teenager and a few years past she had a slight alcohol problem- wich didn´t keep her from drinking a glass or two or three every now and then. She brushed a wisp of hair out of her face and looked around.
" Your guys around here or did you came alone. . . sec ..."

She turned and poked one finger in the girl´s back infront of her. " Not the best place to sit. Back to the wall, facing the door. . . nevermind me being ... me. Anyway, nice to meet you."

Edited by ChaosGrinder, 31 July 2012 - 04:52 PM.

#26 Rasengetsu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 133 posts
  • LocationCanada, Quebec

Posted 31 July 2012 - 05:08 PM

"Thanks, but no thanks, pretty face. I only smoke cigars, and I've got a ton of those already. Feel free to ask for one if you want though. I've got beef jerky and whiskey flavored ones if you can't handle a regular." he said as he grabbed a jerky flavored cigar and lit it up with the fire provided by the woman whose name was unknown to him as of yet.

#27 Thom Frankfurt

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,741 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSearounders Tavern, Port St. Williams, Coventry

Posted 31 July 2012 - 05:11 PM

(Guessing we're getting rid of the Time stamps, they seem to be more of a hassel than anything else at the moment.)

Fashionably late, Nikoli slowly made his way to the table. Chuckling as the various patrons stood around the bar whispering in husked tones and casting worried looks the group of mercs away.

Yes, that's right. We ARE up to no good....

" Your guys around here or did you came alone. . . sec .." The brown haired girl asked of no one inparticular inbetween drags from a cigarette. She then spoke into Sierra's ear and poked her in the back. Sierra whirled about, a look of fury on her face, a look that softened, barely, when she noticed Nicoli's silent approach.

"Niet. We are not all alone." He then locked gazes with the other imaculately dressed man at the table, Jean. "Please forgive my late arrival, comrades, I was enjoying the spectacle of one of the doormen being loaded up in an ambulance. It appeared that someone gave him quite the thrashing." he nodded approvingly.

Edited by Thom Frankfurt, 31 July 2012 - 05:49 PM.

#28 ChaosGrinder

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 881 posts
  • LocationNew Eden

Posted 31 July 2012 - 05:19 PM

Local Time: 18.53 hours

"Jerky ?! The hell .. That´s not even , i mean, why ? This sounds just so wrong, you have no clue ", she laughed and shook her head. Turning the whiskey glas in one hand she examined the golden fluid swashing around the cold rocks of ice. It had a certain beauty to it, she failed to put in words.

"I´ll stick to clean tobacco, that´s what i grew up with. "

(Ni, better be keepinng them )

Edited by ChaosGrinder, 31 July 2012 - 05:21 PM.

#29 Thom Frankfurt

• 2,741 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 05:22 PM

Nikoli glanced the strange girl's way as she sloshed her glass of whiskey around.

Looks like we might have a party favor.

Edited by Thom Frankfurt, 31 July 2012 - 05:49 PM.

#30 The Outlaw Kazzen

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 05:25 PM

Kazzen stared at the glass in his hand, somewhat frustrated that he couldn't actually drink it in his gear.

#31 Sparks Murphey

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,953 posts
  • LocationAdelaide, Australia

Posted 31 July 2012 - 05:28 PM

Sierra cut off a sharp reply, choosing to drown it in bourbon instead. What the h*** was this c**p, sit with your back to the wall and stuff. Heck, Nik could be twitchy at times, but none of this survivalist bs. The woman probably bottled her own p***, just in case she got thirsty.

And...pretty face? What, a girl had to be tall and lanky to get a guy’s attention now? A woman, a real woman, had curves, dammit! She spun about, ready to give the both of them a piece of her mind, when she caught a glimpse of Nikoli coming through the front door, calm and in control as ever.

“Nik. About time you showed up,” she said, stifling her fury.

#32 Thom Frankfurt

• 2,741 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 05:45 PM

(Real women do have curves.)

Nikoli casted a disarming/alarming smile depending on one's point of view, he then shrugged like he didn't have a care in the world. He then looked over the assembled group of misfits, commiting their faces (well the ones he could see anyways) to memory. There sure were a lot of them, this deal better be big and more profitable than that botched planetary raid the Quartet did back in '39.

#33 dal10

• Philanthropist
  • 4,525 posts
  • Locationsomewhere near a bucket of water and the gates of hell.

Posted 31 July 2012 - 06:00 PM

after taking his glass of bourbon, dal10 decided to stand behind everyone and see how long it took them to notice him.

#34 Xinaoen

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 382 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 31 July 2012 - 09:48 PM

View PostVodkavaiator, on 31 July 2012 - 03:36 PM, said:

"My compliments on the Bourbon Mr. Owens," He finally began addressing their host,"It is not often one has the pleasure to find a wheated one of such note these days. If I may presume to be so bold as to ask, to whom does the honor of creating such a fine Whiskey belong?"

A sly smile crept slowly across Jean's face.

"Why, it's a New Oslo Special Reserve," he grinned. "Not a genuine Terran bourbon, but certainly an acceptable substitute. First bottled in 2319 to commemorate the coronation of Shiro Kurita; this is a 3023, if I'm not terribly mistaken. You like it?"

Jean paused to sample the bouquet from his own glass, smiling appreciatively as he did so.

"Sun Zhang academy used to have it imported for the graduation ceremony. There were rumors that it was transported under Imperial Guard. I've developed quite a fondness for it, but it's not every day that I have an occasion meriting the indulgence."

Jean took a small sip, and an expression of profound bliss spread across his face.

"They don't make it any more," he murmured absently. "I'm told that the distillery was destroyed during the Fourth Succession War."

Jean spent a moment or two seemingly lost in thought, and then raised his glass to clink Remi's.

"To times gone by," he suggested.

Edited by Xinaoen, 01 August 2012 - 12:52 AM.

#35 RogueSpear

• Legendary Founder
  • 2,018 posts
  • LocationOn the dim edges of the map labelled only: Here be Urbanmechs.

Posted 31 July 2012 - 10:53 PM

Dirk muttered along with the rest as those who hadn't finished their drinks - barring the freak with the helmet and the ***** hard man pretending he wasn't with the group. Gingerly he sipped at the bourbon, and with surprise took a larger swig. For a bourbon, it was good.
He immediately regretted the larger swig though as he stifled coughs on the strong liquid.
Still, it took the pain out of his foot.
Idly he began trying to figure out what kind of systems were incorporated into the armoured fellow staring morosely at his glass armour. A second wheel in his brain began to spin wondering how he knew the man was staring morosely at it. A third wheel was still ticking over about aerospace fighters and LAMs. A fourth wheel began sketching and notetaking on a scrap of paper with a pencil, both items suddenly appearing form his billowing pockets.
Slowly, Dirk completely faded out of the conversation. Nikoli recognised the vacant look and nudged Remi and Sierra into noticing it too. The message was clear, and ingrained by practice.
Scatterbrain is gone to the world again, make sure he tells you exactly what he's about to start playing with before he begins.

#36 guardian wolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 1,965 posts
  • LocationOn Barcelona where the crap is about to hit the fan.

Posted 01 August 2012 - 08:50 AM

Chris surveyed the entrance, like he always did. This was a higher class bar than he was used to, hell, he was not even used to being inside of a bar, well, an intact one. He chuckled to himself at that thought, as he usually was the first to ransack the damn place. His leather jacket with Taurian Raiders on it kept the cold out decently, and his pistols, were where they always were. Chris looked at Bubba and spoke softly, noticing the bouncer.

"Let's help him up, maybe he will buy us a drink eh?"

Bubba smiled at the joke, it was something that the two had done before, and so they confidently strode toward the bouncer he had obviously picked the fight with the wrong person. Chris rifled his pockets, found six c-bills for their drinks, and then, patted the bouncer a little on the face. His eyes flickered, and then pain shown across his face.

"You alright pal?"

The bouncer groaned, and then, put his hand up to his mouth, probably broken. Bubba, being as huge as he was for a mechanic, practically lifted him up, and set him on the ground gently. The bouncer limped off, probably to find a doc, and Chris and Bubba set out to find their new employer. Chris spotted him, with a small crowd forming around him, and then looked around for someone to take a couple drink orders. He thought he'd found someone, who turned out to be really cute, and then turned out to have a boyfriend. Bad went to worse, as they boyfriend did not particularly enjoy the way Chris was looking at her, while Bubba was rolling his eyes at Chris. Finally Chris decided to take it in his own hands.

"Listen partner, I'll buy you a beer alright, to make up for my honest mistake okay? HEY BARTENDER, I NEED A COLD ONE OVER HERE!!"

The bartender turned, and slid a bottle of a local brand down towards Chris, and he caught. He looked towards Bubba, and spoke quickly.

"Now this is what you call manners in the city here Bubba," *turns to the man who he insulted* "Oh hey, here's your beer," with that he grabbed the bottle by the neck, and slammed it on top of the man's head. Chris heard Bubba curse, while the guys buddies rushed forward to get at Chris. Chris decked one, ducked under another's hook, and tackled the third. Bubba in the meantime handled the guy that missed Chris, and the man who "had his beer". Chris was grabbed by the guy he decked, and the one he tackled was about to punch him, when Chris kicked up, and caught the man square in the testiculars. He quickly doubled over, and Chris headbutted the guy holding him, causing him to let go, holding a bloody nose. Chris noticed an unguarded shot nearby and quickly downed it before he went to go help Bubba. Chris ran over to Bubba, but forgot that when Bubba gets into a fight, he doesn't care who ya are, he'll kick your arse anyway. With that Bubba shook one guy off like a dog with a case of fleas, grabbed Chris and threw him over a table. He was quickly followed by the guy who Chris had insulted. It finally stopped when Bubba dragged the last of his two and tossed him out the door, quickly followed by Chris's two, and nearly Chris. Chris looked himself over, he had gotten a black eye, some scuff marks, and one of the ******* had bit him, but other then that he was okay. Bubba looked, normal, well, normal for Bubba. Chris picked up a beer from the bartender, who was shocked, paid for it, and then sat down at the table with everyone else. Bubba stood behind him, a mug in hand, almost looking like he was in sheer bliss.

"So what I miss?"

#37 dal10

• Philanthropist
  • 4,525 posts
  • Locationsomewhere near a bucket of water and the gates of hell.

Posted 01 August 2012 - 09:47 AM

dal10 had just ordered a jug of rum when the scuffle started. he paid it little attention because his rum had arrived. as he was about to pick it up, a pair of bodies came flying onto the table and took his rum. after everyone was either thrown around or otherwise preoccupied, he picked up the broken top to his jug and says depressingly, "why is the rum always gone...".

#38 ChaosGrinder

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 881 posts
  • LocationNew Eden

Posted 01 August 2012 - 11:15 AM

She just placed her glass of bourbon on the table, it was gone. Instead two bodies grinded past her, flushing away her glass. She immediately jumped up to avoid the splashes of beer and whiskey, looking for the origin of this turmoil.

He smiled and stood there if nothing had happened. She turned toward him and eyballed him. " You are searching for trouble, hu ? Do that again and you´re about to have a bad, bad time. "

Turning towards the sitting guy she hissed " a sh*tload of education in terms of manners. Maybe my fist and your face could be good friends."

#39 Sparks Murphey

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,953 posts
  • LocationAdelaide, Australia

Posted 01 August 2012 - 04:30 PM

The sound of smashing glass cut sharply over the string quartet playing in the corner. Not being complete fools, they abandoned their instruments and ran for cover as the fight began in earnest.

They were hardly the only ones concerned. “Nik, Remi,” Sierra said, with a warning glance at the escalating brawl, “Looks like we have some local colour.” The two men turned, wary at the fight.

Dirk remained oblivious, though, caught up in his sketches of...was that meant to be some kind of powered armour with jump jets? She shook her head and pushed him under the table where he hopefully wouldn’t get hurt, just as a pair of bodies flew across the table, smashing a jug of rum and knocking the 21-year old bourbon flying. On second thoughts...that pair of delicate salt and pepper shakers. Beautiful white ceramic with inlaid gold. It’d be a shame for anything violent to happen to them...

---------------------------------

Dirk angled the paper, trying to get better light so he could see what he was drawing. Hang on...was he under a table? He glanced around, taking in the sounds of the scuffle around him, the smashing of glass, splintering wood and cries of pain. Oh, right. That made sense.

Sierra suddenly appeared under the table next to him, bearing a big grin and a pair of salt and pepper shakers, which she proceeded to stash in one of the many pockets of her cargo pants. He shrugged, and went back to sketching as best he could.

#40 Thom Frankfurt

• 2,741 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 06:02 PM

Crash

The sound of breaking glass and mad curses drew Nikoli's attention away from his soon to be (hopefully) prospective employer and to the fight that had suddeny started between a couple of the locals and two other men whom he labeled as mercs. As the fight ensued, he studied the merc's fighting style with a keen eye. A wild undisiplined style that reminded him of two apes f**king he once watched in the Sian zoo, but he couldn't deny the results as one of the locals got launched through the air to crash into/through one of the fancy overprised walnut tables scattered around the bar. He chuckled as Sierra stuffed Dirk beneath a table. Turning back to the scuffle, the fight was already over, the merc's won and proceeded to by themselves drinks. Frowning he looked over the locals standing slackjawed with hatefull looking glares upon their faces and his frown deepend. The frown continued to deepen as the dumbass duo headed on over to their table acting like nothing had happened.

This isn't good.

He looked over to the other two members of the Quartet, the ones not doodilng on a sketchpad under the table. Catching their eye he nodded his head to the side, hopeing they'd catch his meaning and put some distance between themselves and the trouble makers. He just hoped the two lowbrows didn't just f**k them out of a deal... He wouldn't be happy about that. And when he wasn't happy, people disappeared.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users