If There Was One Thing That Would Make Me Leave This Game...

2 replies to this topic

#1 Scarcer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 213 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 02:13 PM

It would be this community. There's some good levelheaded people. But I have a large distaste for the majority of you.

I'd like to think most of the community is between their mid twenties and thirties.

But the majority come across as angry, whiny and self entitled. Just an observation.

Either 2/3 of you have a keyboard in one hand, beer in the other, and a gut held up by ignorance;
or this community consists of MOBA converts who are ill-adjusted to their puberty, motives fueled by arrogance.

Who am I kidding; all central gaming communities are horrible and self entitled.

So here I am voicing my discontent and frustration.

I suppose I've just seen too many people upset and make half accurate and exaggerated remarks regarding the game-play and the developers. The MWO community on this site and off also like to resort to direct insults when they are confronted in discussions.

I want to cast you all away so I can enjoy my time here, but I can't.

I miss the friendly mature discussions from the MW4 lobbies.
{/QQ}

Edited by Scarcer, 23 June 2013 - 02:18 PM.

#2 Maxxinator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 284 posts
  • LocationDefiance Industries, Hesperus II

Posted 23 June 2013 - 04:26 PM

I stopped visiting shortely after the open beta was launched, and I will say that before, the mature fans of the series were here. I had a great time speculating about the game and ect. I feel that I must say that after the game is released, the younger and more ignorant audiences come in to slam the game and it's fans, and the older folks tend to leave, or just get frusterated. I have seen this happen to Gran Turismo 5's forums, and Just cause 2's forums. They only really seem to do great before the game's launch, until speculation ceases to exist.

Edited by Maxxinator, 23 June 2013 - 04:27 PM.

#3 Scarcer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 213 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 07:07 PM

View PostMaxxinator, on 23 June 2013 - 04:26 PM, said:

I stopped visiting shortely after the open beta was launched, and I will say that before, the mature fans of the series were here. I had a great time speculating about the game and ect. I feel that I must say that after the game is released, the younger and more ignorant audiences come in to slam the game and it's fans, and the older folks tend to leave, or just get frusterated. I have seen this happen to Gran Turismo 5's forums, and Just cause 2's forums. They only really seem to do great before the game's launch, until speculation ceases to exist.

I know what we need; a handful of sub-forums converted into clubs where you need to prove you're over 21 to post; coupled with moderators that aren't afraid to scrutinize and block those who miss-behave irrationally and rudely... fat chance.

I'm not proud of it, but I've resorted to mocking those who make irrational self entitled arguments. It makes people do a 180 or stop responding when they are forced to view themselves and actually attempt to make intellectual rebuttals. Each time you step up the quality of the response a bit until they give up realizing they have nothing to support their rage. But when the discussions become intellectual then they deserve respect.

See Q/A 40 Answers

Edited by Scarcer, 24 June 2013 - 07:20 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users