Restrictions for merc corps naming

22 replies to this topic

Poll: Restrictions for merc corps naming + naming convention (57 member(s) have cast votes)

Should well-known units' names be available for players' corporations naming?

1. No way. We don't need pathetic losers disgracing loud names. (36 votes [63.16%])

Percentage of vote: 63.16%

2. F... yeah! I wanna lead my cool '<insert your variant> Clan'/Wolf Dragoon's/Gray Death Legion/whatsoever... (4 votes [7.02%])

Percentage of vote: 7.02%

3. I don't borther with target's name. Skill matters. (2 votes [3.51%])

Percentage of vote: 3.51%

4. Yes for famous units' names, No for gibberish corp names. (15 votes [26.32%])

Percentage of vote: 26.32%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 The Count

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 51 posts
  • LocationCockpit of my Zues "Nobleman"

Posted 27 January 2012 - 12:45 PM

It's a simple fix. No use of famous unit names; but subcontracting when you becom famous enough within the factions.

#22 chill1ray

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 42 posts
  • LocationSome Back Water Planet!

Posted 27 January 2012 - 03:19 PM

I would like to see Famous names be locked out.

But more important I would like to see the removal of names like "38th regiment Fluffy Bunnies"

or vulger/swear words !

#23 Phatt

• PipPipPip
  • 55 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 09 February 2012 - 06:46 PM

View Postchill1ray, on 27 January 2012 - 03:19 PM, said:

I would like to see Famous names be locked out.

But more important I would like to see the removal of names like "38th regiment Fluffy Bunnies"

or vulger/swear words !

I can foresee fights erupting over famous Merc Corp names like the Kell Hounds because there are several online MW4 groups using that name already.

I am currently a member of the Chiken Confederation and I have no plans of leaving them because they are a realy cool bunch of guys that love their gaming just as much as I do. I used to be a unit leader of the NBT Kell Hounds prior to Hard Core and one of the reasons I left was because of the infighting/power struggle between old team members and new team members who were only interested in personal glory and not team unity.

I have no issues with people using Merc Corp names like "38th regiment Fluffy Bunnies", mostly because I would be fighting under the "Chiken Confederation" Banner.

I do agree that Unit/personal names should be censored/filtered to avoid vulgarities because they are just being silly and anti-social.

I also agree with the Merc corp sub-contracting idea because that way existing merc corps can fight under their favourite banner and avoid getting into fights with other units using the same name.

cheers and may we all get to fight under the banner of our choice.

11 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 11 guests, 0 anonymous users