Deleated

12 replies to this topic

#1 Cong Min Voronkov

• PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 07:57 AM

Deleated

Edited by Cong Min Voronkov, 10 January 2012 - 01:28 PM.

#2 Felbombling

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,974 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 09 January 2012 - 08:23 AM

Fair enough… the Immigrant Song blaring through my loud speakers as the brave souls of the FRR get slaughtered desperately trying to stop the Clan Invasion. I could die a happy man listening to Led Zeppelin, for sure.

#3 Gattling Fenn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 589 posts
  • LocationOverheating in front of a Timberwolf

Posted 09 January 2012 - 09:59 AM

I think this may be asking a bit much, primarily because of potential licensing issues associated with getting a bunch of songs for the game. Now from a purely subjective standpoint this sounds REALLY irrelevent and unneessary with the potential to be REALLY annoying. I really dont want to listen to someone run around the field of battle blasting music. So id likely turn that off in my personal settings if, it became an option, im sure many other pilots would as well. No one plays MechWarrior to hear someones crappy dixie .mp3. If you want music, just turn on pandora while you play.

#4 Cong Min Voronkov

• PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 10:03 AM

View PostGattling Fenn, on 09 January 2012 - 09:59 AM, said:

I think this may be asking a bit much, primarily because of potential licensing issues associated with getting a bunch of songs for the game. Now from a purely subjective standpoint this sounds REALLY irrelevent and unneessary with the potential to be REALLY annoying. I really dont want to listen to someone run around the field of battle blasting music. So id likely turn that off in my personal settings if, it became an option, im sure many other pilots would as well. No one plays MechWarrior to hear someones crappy dixie .mp3. If you want music, just turn on pandora while you play.

Fair enough

#5 Dlardrageth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,198 posts
  • LocationF.R.G.

Posted 09 January 2012 - 10:12 AM

Think we had the whole issue debated into oblivion with "external speakers" already. Would likely just lead to a lot of people playing the game with disabled sound if at all.

#6 Tannhauser Gate

• The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 1,302 posts
  • LocationAttack ship off the Shoulder of Orion

Posted 09 January 2012 - 11:28 AM

How about one that plays Tequila as your mechs bounces obnoxiously on gas shocks, or a beeping alarm as it backs up so it alerts pedestrians. Or one that plays and loud hockey goal horn every time you kill something. Maybe it starts rattling off in spanish before saying GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAL because thats not annoying.

Edited by LakeDaemon, 09 January 2012 - 11:29 AM.

#7 Vulpesveritas

• 3,003 posts
  • LocationWinsconsin, USA

Posted 09 January 2012 - 11:30 AM

Or playing this:

Just to drive whoever is shooting at me nuts while I play it on my exterior speakers.

#8 Volume

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 1,097 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 08:53 AM

Custom horns were allowed this in Trackmania/Trackmania 2 (and TM: Nations Forever, TM: United Forever, etc.)

While some players ended up doing really cool stuff with theirs, you always had some guy who had a macro bound to his accelerate key that would also spam his horn, and he put together a custom horn of the rickroll theme or "smoke weed every day" or something...

I suppose if it was only audible by the user or only audible by the allied team, then maybe? Or perhaps if it was only a few notes, or if it were only a few specific "themes" that were sort of picked and chosen by the devs to include, not a custom thing...But then the details get iffy...How do you choose what's included, how it's included, do you pay for them, do they have a store with ring-tone esque snippets of horn sounds/songs/whatever, are there licensing/royalty fees, etc, etc...

I think if they are to include 'Mech Horns, they would be customizable by the player, and only audible by that player (for some lulz, sort of like how some people have Unreal Tournament "KILLING SPREE" announcer sounds in their World of Warcraft battlegrounds (great addon btw, significantly enhances the PvP experience)).

#9 Dihm

• 3,312 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationPlanet Trondheim

Posted 10 January 2012 - 10:13 AM

Let's hear it for the boy?

Sorry, but that's all I can focus on with a title like that. No offense, but people really need to put more descriptive titles for their threads. No need to be coy.

#10 Cong Min Voronkov

• PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 01:24 PM

Sorry

#11 Kaemon

• 1,924 posts
  • LocationMN

Posted 10 January 2012 - 01:47 PM

I'd like the idea, if this was just a griefer game I played on the side...

Although I would most likely break a peripherial if I got killed then rickrolled right after.

Also my choice of sound attack would be this:

whoooooo monnnkeeeyyyy maaagggiiiicccc!

Edited by Kaemon, 10 January 2012 - 01:48 PM.

#12 Dlardrageth

• 1,198 posts
  • LocationF.R.G.

Posted 10 January 2012 - 06:53 PM

View PostKaemon, on 10 January 2012 - 01:47 PM, said:

[...] Although I would most likely break a peripherial if I got killed then rickrolled right after.[...]

So that must have been you here:

http://www.youtube.c...4&v=Yg-obb0c-0E

I think you're somewhat (in-)famous...

Edited by Dlardrageth, 10 January 2012 - 06:54 PM.

#13 Gattling Fenn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 589 posts
  • LocationOverheating in front of a Timberwolf

Posted 10 January 2012 - 11:14 PM

View PostCong Min Voronkov, on 09 January 2012 - 07:57 AM, said:

Deleated

*facepalm* :lol:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users