21 replies to this topic

#21 Ajion

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 30 posts
  • LocationNY

Posted 04 August 2012 - 09:33 PM

I feel like i am going to state the obvious here lol But i think i kind of have to . Lance set ups are great and are required 100%, but do not forget that a skilled pilot can bring to the team more then just an ordered lance. Pilots must be able to execute those set-ups not only well, but know how to use mechs effectively. So what may appear to be a good idea on paper can be crashed, by a terrible idea (all light mech load out), which is supported by great pilots.

Some lance configurations will require pilots that can actually execute them well. Thus you will need to be able to change lance configuration depending on the pilots u have online, to maximize the efficiency of each pilot. This is harder to do to do then just say who want to ride this set -up.

I do hope, i did not sound like a total newb here lol However, i ran into something interesting the other night, the opposing team was full of Hunchbacks and running around at around 80k/h and pawning atlases like it was nothing.

On that note, be mindful that this is going to happen eheh Balance lances can be just too damn balanced and die, we need to think outside the box to really spice things up, that will assure us greater victory cause it will demand greater piloting skills.

Something to think about, cause this is going to happen.

#22 Terin

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 100 posts
  • LocationKalidasa, FWL

Posted 06 August 2012 - 08:49 AM

I am rather pensive as far as whether or not I want to contribute to this thread as most of my thoughts are probably bordering on being a violation of the NDA. There are very specific activities that work within game and some that simply do not. And while it is good to speculate, it maybe a fruitless effort until you are actually in game. However, there are limitations on what Beta players can do as well since the game is not released in its full state.

Also, vomit on the Word of Blake. ;)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users