Playspan? no thanks. Any alternatives for payments?

4 replies to this topic

#1 Rakshak

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 11:29 AM

I was thinking about buying the Founders package and playing the game until I saw you are using Playspan for payments.

I've had very bad experiences with Playspan and I will not support any game that uses them as their payment gateway.

Will there be an alternative way of making payments beside Playspan?

For those who do not know, the charges for any any error in a payment transaction with Playspan are OUTRAGEOUS and unfair. We are talking of a minimum of $25.00 no matter what amount the transaction is for.
You will also have to pay a fee to make the payment again, because you can not use the same form of payment again. So, if you, for example re-pay with Ultimate cards, they will also charge you for paying them with those cards. In my case I ended up paying $65.00 for a $20.00 purchase.
Then you will have to go thru a VERY long and painful process to get your Playspan account unbanned, then you will have to get your actual game account restored because they will block your account and access to the game. In my case it took 2 months to get my access restored and about 8 hours on the phone plus a $45.00 charge for a $20.00 transaction.

Edited by Rakshak, 31 July 2012 - 11:30 AM.

#2 SeaFoam

• Pip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 31 July 2012 - 11:40 AM

Why not use the Paypal option?

I realize that's just a payment processor that goes to Playspan, but it will offer you added protection, as Playspan won't have your payment info.

Edit: looks like Visa owns them now, how long ago was your experience?

Edited by SeaFoam, 31 July 2012 - 11:45 AM.

#3 Rakshak

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 02:36 PM

It was a 3 months ago and it was in World of Tanks.
I actually paid with Paypal but the transaction went thru Playspan and there was an issue with the transaction between them.
So I called Paypal and they were very helpful, explained what happened but that I had to call Playspan to fix the problem. That's when the nightmare started.
BTW, World of Tanks has since implemented an alternative method of payment due to the enormous amount of issues they, and the players, have experienced with Playspan and their horrendous customer service/practices.
A lot of people don't realize they are actually doing business with them until they have an issue, that's when the real "fun" starts.

#4 Geminus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 220 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 07:35 AM

I have a horrible time with playspan. I have never used them before MWO and I have to fight them to make them take my money. Multiple times, (today happening again causing me to check the forums) I have them refusing to take any payment from me, be it a gift visa, or paypal, and I cant ever use any of my credit or debit cards because im a soldier, my billing address is an APO and they refuse to acknowledge the existence of APO addresses for billing. I really hope that MWO goes away from playspan.

#5 Chavette

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 2,864 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 07:39 AM

You can buy from your mastercard, just type in the numbers. There's nothing simpler (and older school) than that.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users