How many roleplayers are out there right now?

9 replies to this topic

#1 Dragon Lady

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 417 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 05:20 AM

I'm kind of curious. I've always been kind of a hard-core roleplayer myself. it doesn't matter what kind of game, PnP, TT, computer game, or MMORPG, I tend to make characters that are somewhat unique, have a background for me to understand their motivations, and sometimes surprise me with their decisions. I often make sub-optimum decisions with game mechanics because to do otherwise would be to violate that character's nature.

For example, I was a bit surprised when my spur of the moment Call Sign quickly developed a name, a best friend/head tech, a background, and has just informed me, "What do you mean you're planning on going lone wolf? I haven't spent 20 years fighting those barbaric Snakes not to support them now! So go out there, and swear allegience to the FRR!"

So, how many of my fellow roleplayers are there in the MWO universe right now?

#2 Melvin

• Pip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationIn the sticks, waiting for the snow.

Posted 08 January 2012 - 06:36 AM

I am.

Last night I pretended I was a Detroit Lion, and the Wife pretended to be from New Orleans.

She then proceeded to spank me.

#3 Hawkwolf

Rookie

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 06:53 AM

I like to Role play in games myself. I have not really done any rp with any Battletech universe characters so if there is enough rp in this game I can use it to develop a battletech alter ego.

#4 Threat Doc

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 3,715 posts
  • LocationO'Shaughnnessy MMW Base, Devon Continent, Rochester, FedCom

Posted 08 January 2012 - 07:29 AM

I've been a role-player since about '82, gaming in BattleTech since '85, hardcore GM'ing since '91, almost always preferring to play, though. I am not a fan of the MechWarrior RPGs and, unless someone (ahem) builds a BattleTech Online MMORPG, I probably will never play more than a peripheral character role in the BattleTech universe.

Millennium's End, Warhammer Fantasy Role-Play 1st and 2nd Edition, Earthdawn, Torg: Role-Playing the Possibility Wars, Twilight: 2000, etc. are my types of games.

#5 Duncan Jr Fischer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 493 posts
  • LocationKyiv

Posted 08 January 2012 - 07:30 AM

I have some career in Battletech roleplay as a player and as a GM, but as for MWO I currently feel a bit uneasy as I can't really see the game in my mind. But the character is born and evolves. Similar story, I planned a mercenary career for him, but he turned out to have some very strong DC blood on mother's side and declared he must prove himself in DCMS first =)

Edited by Duncan Jr Fischer, 08 January 2012 - 07:32 AM.

#6 Mason Grimm

Com Guard / Technician

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationToronto, ON

Posted 08 January 2012 - 07:43 AM

View PostMelvin, on 08 January 2012 - 06:36 AM, said:

I am.

Last night I pretended I was a Detroit Lion, and the Wife pretended to be from New Orleans.

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, hrmmmmmmmmmmmmm, mmmmmmmmmmkay?

Moved to OFF TOPIC

#7 Tarvitz

• PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 07:52 AM

There's generally not much of a chance to do that sort of thing in MMORPGs. Single player games like Skyrim, Dragon Age or tabletop stuff like Deathwatch tend to be better suited to crafting a character. At least in my experiences anyway.

Edited by Tarvitz, 08 January 2012 - 07:53 AM.

#8 MuffinTop

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,089 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationNext door to nobody.

Posted 08 January 2012 - 08:19 AM

View PostMelvin, on 08 January 2012 - 06:36 AM, said:

I am.

I would like to start in role playing but all I have found are freaks in craigslist. Am I doing something wrong?

#9 Tbear

Rookie

• 9 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 08 January 2012 - 09:42 AM

Half the fun for me in games are the RP bit....

Im looooving being a space pirate in eve online....

In any online game i have always had a kinda RP uniform on when on forums. Just need to find the uniform for MWO ^_^

#10 Dermatran

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 10:16 AM

Roleplayer reporting.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users