2 replies to this topic

#1 EGG

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 322 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 06:44 AM

Hi

So I bought a good condition copy of MW1 from ebay and having been trying to play through it courtesy of Dosbox.

I missed MW1 when it came out, I had a 286, but spent most of my time playing Grand Prix, Jet, DN1, Keen, Double Dragon etc and wasn't aware of Mech games. I played MW2, GBL, MW3, PM, MW4V, MW4M and MC/MC2 when they came out, but I'm having difficulty transitioning to MW1.

At first when I got the Jenner I thought "4 ML's! Heck yeah", but it seems this isn't MW2.

I spent maybe 20 missions trying to get the knack of the game using the Jenner, but I still only seem to be able to pick off other Lights, Mediums are out of reach. Some guides on the net recommend selling the Jenner straight up, but this seems to land me in a PXH, and I'm not certain it's all that great. The Locust surprisingly seems to be a killer, until you run into another Locust.

Is there no indication of range? I'm not certain where the 300m range of the lasers is running out. If there's no red/black flash is there no hit?

The out-of-combat storyline seems a bit like a railroad, sometimes I'm on it, sometimes I'm not.

-edit, any tips on using AWS or even the Pitch buttons (M/N), they seem to point you at the ground or the sky?

Edited by EGG, 09 January 2012 - 06:51 AM.

#2 Stavraetos

Rookie

• 1 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 09 January 2012 - 07:01 AM

I played through the whole game and reached the final battle with 4 Atlases. In most of the game I fought with Locust and Jenner, moved continouesly and shot for the legs...

#3 Thorqemada

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,369 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 07:54 AM

Agreed - shot the legs while keeping your self moving.
And this game has the "Marauder" mech!

I remember that i was never jusing jump jets bcs it was to difficult but the opponents do - sometimes they bug out and keep flying/hoovering in the air, so happened in one mission and i was not able to target it bcs of the landscape and angles, so i solved it the way i jumped up with my jumpjets and crashed landing until my legs broke off and my mech laid at his back and i could fire up into the air and finish the hoovering mech far above me.

So i really did winning with a leg disabled mech - great times! ^_^

Edited by Thorqemada, 09 January 2012 - 07:55 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users