Does that mean it's going to be significantly-different than originally-planned?

8 replies to this topic

#1 madnyancat

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 12:26 PM

I'm going off of this: https://secure.wikim...or_%28reboot%29

If this is going to be purely an online game, does that mean that the storyline won't play any significant role (i.e there will be on single player)?

Also, is the same (or similar) game engine going to be used for MWO as seen in the reveal trailer from 2 years ago, or is it going to be a new engine? According to the wiki article, Unreal Engine 3 was to be used. Is that still planned?

Edited by madnyancat, 31 October 2011 - 12:28 PM.

#2 80sGlamRockSensation David Bowie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,994 posts
  • LocationThe Island

Posted 31 October 2011 - 12:35 PM

yeah, pretty much. They've completely changed the timeline and plot. But oh well. On the bright side all the clanner wannabe's can get their TImberwolves now, ahahahaa.

#3 Ben MacTavish

Rookie

• Mercenary Rank 1
  • Mercenary Rank 1
  • 5 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 12:36 PM

The way I see it, this is mostly going to be a PvP game which will also have a bigger picture...maybe something with inter house rivalries and battles set during the Succession Wars.

However, it also appears that as PGI have said they have acquired the license to the mechwarrior rights, and so could well get on with producing a more regular mechwarrior single player with a storyline similar at least to what was originally proposed at a later date. here's hoping anyways....

#4 bert bargo

• PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 02:00 PM

View Postmwhighlander, on 31 October 2011 - 12:35 PM, said:

yeah, pretty much. They've completely changed the timeline and plot. But oh well. On the bright side all the clanner wannabe's can get their TImberwolves now, ahahahaa.

Really? I was under the impression that the clans arrived a little later in 3050. I betcha clans will be an xpac.

#5 sag

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationColombia

Posted 23 July 2012 - 08:31 PM

i dont really remember where i read it, but the handling of the storyline will be carefully done by the devs, so that everything doesnt become a mess.

#6 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 23 July 2012 - 10:00 PM

View Postbert bargo, on 31 October 2011 - 02:00 PM, said:

Really? I was under the impression that the clans arrived a little later in 3050. I betcha clans will be an xpac.

Yes, they will get in later on. What mwhighlander meant was the fact that with original storyline, it was planned to be set in 3025, so no chance of Clan weaponry like Mad Cats, Thors, Lokis, Vultures, effective double heatsinks, etc.

#7 Hador

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ironclad
  • The Ironclad
  • 545 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 10:02 PM

Quite a necro you managed here ;-)

#8 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 23 July 2012 - 10:06 PM

Damn, I got caught in my own net. :P

#9 Elizander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,540 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 23 July 2012 - 11:23 PM

View PostAdridos, on 23 July 2012 - 10:06 PM, said:

Damn, I got caught in my own net. :P

Posted Image