3 replies to this topic

#1 Varent

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,393 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationWest Coast - United States

Posted 01 October 2013 - 01:29 PM

SUA - Shared Unity Alliance

One of the things that is rough in this game is the idea of everyone wanting to form their own Mercenary Unit. While its awesome on paper, it can be very difficult. Some are highly effective in recruiting, some are stuck at no more then 3-4 players for weeks on end. Many Units eat other ones and merge together often times leaving hard feelings and letting peoples ideas get dashed to hell in the process. Because of this I'm proposing something a little more fresh. A two part plan really.

1) Shared Unity Alliance - I would like to propose smaller mercenary units start working together and forming not one large unit but instead form alliances. Friend each other in game, make sections for one another in your team speaks and declare proudly your alliance on your forums and webpages. Make it clear to one another your not there to recruit or take there players. This allows smaller groups to come together and run 12 mans more easily without fear of losing your players to another unit. It also allows for better spreading of ideas. This is very similiar to the Lone Wolf promotional advertisement but different in that you already have your units. You just are trying to experience the large scale of this game while continuing your smaller roots.

Eventually this may lead to groups merging, but at least it wont be done blindly and with bitterness but through mutual comraderie and in better standing. Even if you dont merge it will let you meet more players in this game and better experience the game as a whole. That said this is just a concept and idea really but one I highly propose. Personally as one of the Leaders of the Mountain Wolf Sentinels I try to ally with many groups often. I find it highly rewarding and I simply and humbly suggest others try it more.

2) Mercenary Union - I would also like to bring forth the idea of a mercenary uniion. This mostly would have more value as the game goes on and gets bigger. The purpose of the union would be like a real life union really. They help you find work as well as allow you to keep afloat until you do. It offers a place where pilots without a merc unit can get together and game freely without pressure.

The second half of the Union would be of value for both pilots and guilds. The job of the Union would be to keep track of how pilots respond within a merc unit. If they perform well and there guild applauds them the union keeps track of it and creates a dosier. If they ever leave that unit another merc unit can go to the union and pull up the dosier of a pilot to really look at there credentials. This helps merc units avoid players who may be bad for there reputation or outlook. In addition the Union also keeps track of Merc Units as a whole. If a merc Unit has a bad tendency towards mistreating there players or in general tends to be toxic the Union will note this as well. This in turn lets players look up merc units on there rating by the community as a whole.

SUMMARY - I will fully admit it would take alot of work to do this effectively. It would also require more then just one person have there hands in it for the purpose of it being well rounded and fair views expressed. That Said I think its a very foreward thinking idea that could help both pilots and merc units find what they are looking for. I myself am willing to volunteer a portion of my time to aid in this but it would require at least 4-5 people to effectively moderate it. Mostly I am curious to see what reactions are to something of this nature.

Thoughts?

#2 Majorfatboy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 623 posts
  • LocationBound and gagged on The Island

Posted 01 October 2013 - 01:36 PM

The Lone wolfs support site offers pretty much everything you outlined in (1). There are smaller merc units inside of the lone wolfs that operate together and share players and whatnot, while still being independent / not operating under the same flag.

http://ronin-kensei.enjin.com/home

Give'em a look.

#3 Varent

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,393 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationWest Coast - United States

Posted 01 October 2013 - 01:41 PM

View PostMajorfatboy, on 01 October 2013 - 01:36 PM, said:

The Lone wolfs support site offers pretty much everything you outlined in (1). There are smaller merc units inside of the lone wolfs that operate together and share players and whatnot, while still being independent / not operating under the same flag.

http://ronin-kensei.enjin.com/home

Give'em a look.

Which is why I mentioned the Lone Wolves as I was mentioning them. This simply would be more of a focus on lasting alliances without fear. If nothing else it could be a nice addition to what the Lone Wolves represent.

#4 Aleksander Wernersson

• PipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 41 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 01:53 PM

This is something very interesting that I will discuss with my teammates. We are only a 4 men group - so I'll keep an eye on it.

Edited by Postman, 01 October 2013 - 01:53 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users