10 replies to this topic

#1 Roughneck45

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Handsome Devil
  • The Handsome Devil
  • 4,452 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 11 January 2012 - 06:59 AM

ive always been a fan of the battletech universe, clan wolf in particular (mechwarrior 2 clan wolf intro, coolest thing ever when i was that young). im also an experience tabletop gamer, although its with warhammer. i havent played it in many years, but i still enjoy paiting mins.

in the past, ive picked up a few mech models, mostly out of nostalgia and a love of the particular mechs. i have a daishi, vulture, mad cat, mad cat mkII, and a cougar. my question is, what do i paint them like to be appropriate for clan wolf? i like to paint a lot of detail as well, so any links to what emblems look like would be great too.

as a side note, ive never played the tabletop game, would these mechs be enough to play a game if i just downloaded the rules? and is it possible to always run a clan wolf theme army in the game? would it just be fluff or are there special rules that apply to clanners?

#2 Mason Grimm

Com Guard / Technician

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationToronto, ON

Posted 11 January 2012 - 07:33 AM

CamoSpecs.com is your friend...

I did my Madcat like this...

Posted Image

Posted Image

#3 Roughneck45

• The Handsome Devil
  • The Handsome Devil
  • 4,452 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 11 January 2012 - 07:39 AM

nice paint job. are the wolf symbols freehand or decals?

#4 Waylandx

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 273 posts
  • LocationAt the computer!

Posted 11 January 2012 - 12:18 PM

Wow that is great looking! Great job man!

#5 Phelan Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 190 posts
  • LocationPreparing for battle in Wolf Occupation Zone...

Posted 11 January 2012 - 12:28 PM

Please keep in mind first that those mechs are, respectively, Dire Wolf, Mad Dog, Timber Wolf, Timber Wolf MkII, and Cougar... Secondly, Mason did show well how to place the emblem and such on the mech. However, if you truly want to paint a mech like it would be in the BT/MW Universe you should also paint it the colors it has for its unit whether that be the Galaxy it is part of, the Star it is in, or some combination of both. Just some tips if you really want to go the distance. Mason good work btw.

#6 Mason Grimm

Com Guard / Technician

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,886 posts
  • LocationToronto, ON

Posted 11 January 2012 - 03:27 PM

Yeah, what Pehlan said...

Since I don't really "get down" for the whole clan thing (being a Merc myself) I went with a general duty color. When Wolf Clan mechs are not assigned specific duty that requires specific camo colors, or if they aren't painted in parade colors, this is what they are painted (according to Camo Specs and that is considered canon).

Since the table top adventure we played with Wolf Clan mechs was The Rock I also figured this color was suitable for "moon environs".

Also, those decals are not freehand, they are from Fighting Piranah Graphics. They might be a little slow to get the orders out the door but when they arrive they make all the difference in the world, come in a variety of sizes and you can also get custom work from them.

Notice the decals on the Victor (the right leg and right breast area?) Those are Grimm Reaper Company decals done by FPG.

Posted Image

#7 Waylandx

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 273 posts
  • LocationAt the computer!

Posted 12 January 2012 - 03:57 PM

View PostMason Grimm, on 11 January 2012 - 03:27 PM, said:

Yeah, what Pehlan said...

Since I don't really "get down" for the whole clan thing (being a Merc myself) I went with a general duty color. When Wolf Clan mechs are not assigned specific duty that requires specific camo colors, or if they aren't painted in parade colors, this is what they are painted (according to Camo Specs and that is considered canon).

Since the table top adventure we played with Wolf Clan mechs was The Rock I also figured this color was suitable for "moon environs".

Also, those decals are not freehand, they are from Fighting Piranah Graphics. They might be a little slow to get the orders out the door but when they arrive they make all the difference in the world, come in a variety of sizes and you can also get custom work from them.

Notice the decals on the Victor (the right leg and right breast area?) Those are Grimm Reaper Company decals done by FPG.

Posted Image

Love It, great job!

#8 Roughneck45

• The Handsome Devil
  • The Handsome Devil
  • 4,452 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 13 January 2012 - 09:01 AM

haha yea got the IS and Clan names backwards lol. thanks for that site for the decals, ill check it out.

#9 Buda

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 129 posts
  • LocationViña del Mar, Chile, Sol 3 (aka: Terra)

Posted 13 January 2012 - 09:07 AM

Check this one, at camospecs.com

http://www.camospecs...ure.asp?ID=5423

Right from the MW2 box

http://www.clansword...2_1600x1200.jpg

Regards!

#10 Roughneck45

• The Handsome Devil
  • The Handsome Devil
  • 4,452 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 13 January 2012 - 10:13 AM

WOW! straight off the box. that is an impressive paint job. was that yours or just from the website?

#11 Buda

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 129 posts
  • LocationViña del Mar, Chile, Sol 3 (aka: Terra)

Posted 13 January 2012 - 12:33 PM

View PostRoughneck45, on 13 January 2012 - 10:13 AM, said:

WOW! straight off the box. that is an impressive paint job. was that yours or just from the website?

No, it's not mine... unfortunately... :'(

Saw it, a couple of weeks ago at camospec.com looking for some cool camo spec for my miniatures. I realized it's an "museum scale" Timber Wolf from IWM painted just like the one from the MW2 box.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users