How does 'Premium' time work?

6 replies to this topic

#1 predcon

Rookie

• 8 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA

Posted 01 August 2012 - 12:26 PM

Is it like any other subscription, where the clock keeps ticking whether or not you're playing? Or does it count only the time I'm online and in-game?

#2 Volomon

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 162 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 12:27 PM

I'm guessing it's as long as your subscribed to it.

#3 Demoned

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 670 posts
  • Locationi Died went to heaven, then died again now I'm in Equestria

Posted 01 August 2012 - 12:33 PM

View Postpredcon, on 01 August 2012 - 12:26 PM, said:

Is it like any other subscription, where the clock keeps ticking whether or not you're playing? Or does it count only the time I'm online and in-game?

I've never known it to be any other way. but if u know of a game that only counts down when ur online please share its name ty
XD

#4 predcon

Rookie

• 8 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA

Posted 01 August 2012 - 01:21 PM

I didn't think it was different, but it never hurts to ask. Not having a lot of spare time usually makes MMO subscriptions a poor investment.

#5 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 01 August 2012 - 03:25 PM

There is no indication the premium months will be part of a 'subscription' or recurring model.

Probably more like LoL where you buy a limited-time boost when you decide you want one.

LoL also has per-match instead of only per-day based ones, maybe MWO will include per-match premium boosts as well, who knows.

#6 Aegis Kleais

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 6,003 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 03:29 PM

I honestly don't think they're going to give you 3 months WORTH of play time.

Chances are, you'll get to initialize it, but once it starts, there won't be an ability to turn it off.

#7 light487

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,385 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 01 August 2012 - 03:30 PM

Yup.. seems that at this stage the premium on offer, via the Founders Packages, are going to be timed regardless of whether you are playing or not. As Redshift says, maybe they will add different options later if there is an interest in doing that.. but we're not even at the point where the premium time is started for Founders yet.

Obviously someone who is willing to pay for Founders is someone who is interested enough to play regularly for the first 1, 2 or 3 months.. so this shouldn't be of too much concern at this point.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users