I love it.

#7722 Duke Falcon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 886 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 22 November 2021 - 02:18 AM

I working now on a Horned owl. Now paint the mech, want it to be a Steel Viper one.

#7723 Duke Falcon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 886 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 23 November 2021 - 09:11 AM

View PostDuke Falcon, on 22 November 2021 - 02:18 AM, said:

I working now on a Horned owl. Now paint the mech, want it to be a Steel Viper one.

'Ere it is!
Posted Image

#7724 Hayden

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 27 March 2022 - 04:37 PM

Posted Image
Just when I think I'm out, they pull me back in... (Crusader coming, too).

Edited by Hayden, 27 March 2022 - 05:41 PM.

#7725 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,723 posts

Posted 27 March 2022 - 08:45 PM

View PostHayden, on 27 March 2022 - 04:37 PM, said:

Just when I think I'm out, they pull me back in... (Crusader coming, too).

Very nice!

#7726 Hayden

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 27 March 2022 - 09:40 PM

Posted Image

#7727 Hayden

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 27 March 2022 - 10:25 PM

View PostLockheed_, on 27 March 2022 - 10:03 PM, said:

this makes me actually want the mech! I wish the cockpit was gold coated for real and not green.

It's concept art, so it's possible the final product will look different. That said, I cannot make any guarantees or warranties about anything.

#7728 FLG 01

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Leutnant
  • Leutnant
  • 2,646 posts

Posted 28 March 2022 - 12:55 PM

Glad to see you back, Hayden!

But since you are a famous pilot of the Crusader in canon now, I am not surprised. Posted Image

Would love to see Galen Cox's ride, either 10th Lyrans or 12th Donegals, if you are ever out of ideas. (Yeah, I know, that never happens Posted Image )

#7729 Hayden

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 28 March 2022 - 03:15 PM

View PostFLG 01, on 28 March 2022 - 12:55 PM, said:

Glad to see you back, Hayden!

But since you are a famous pilot of the Crusader in canon now, I am not surprised. Posted Image

Would love to see Galen Cox's ride, either 10th Lyrans or 12th Donegals, if you are ever out of ideas. (Yeah, I know, that never happens Posted Image )

keep your eyes open.

In the mean time, here's something a bit more accurate to your canonical reference Posted Image
Posted Image

#7730 Hayden

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 28 March 2022 - 04:35 PM

Posted Image
10th Lyran Guards (edited to include silver trim).

Edited by Hayden, 30 March 2022 - 10:35 PM.

#7731 Hayden

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 28 March 2022 - 05:04 PM

Posted Image
12th Donegal Guards

#7732 Hayden

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 28 March 2022 - 06:37 PM

Posted Image
Dragon's Breath (Mercs)

#7733 Hayden

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 29 March 2022 - 09:14 PM

Posted Image
Waco Rangers (Mercs).

Edited by Hayden, 29 March 2022 - 09:14 PM.

#7734 Mighty Spike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,590 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationHoly Beer City of Munich

Posted 30 March 2022 - 03:07 AM

Wb Hayden Ok, seems they will get again my moneyPosted Image

#7735 MookieDog

• PipPipPip
  • Gunjin
  • Gunjin
  • 93 posts
  • LocationDC

Posted 30 March 2022 - 07:06 AM

Hayden, could you by chance turn a Crusader "Ash Gray" maybe put a Genyosha unit patch on the Left Chest area and a Kurita Symbol on the upper right leg. Maybe add some cherry or plum blossoms from the feet up to the Knees. Also your paypal account so I can send you the required payment.

#7736 FLG 01

• Leutnant
  • Leutnant
  • 2,646 posts

Posted 30 March 2022 - 07:54 AM

Cool stuff, Hayden! I had a sneaking suspicision you'd go for your personal canon ride, and I am glad I was right. I love the SIMC - way too short-lived, though.

The 10th Lyran Guards could use some of their silver highlights it is known for, but other than that it is marvellous, thanks. Posted Image I am almost afraid it looks better than what PGI will do to the Lyran Guards scheme Posted Image Posted Image

Also, I like what you did with the horn on the Waco Ranger's Crusader. Are the stars on the left leg a reference to Tennessee? The WR's lore is not my strong suite...

Anyway, I think I speak for everyone saying we are glad the Crusader brought you back.

#7737 ScrapIron Prime

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,807 posts
  • LocationSmack dab in the middle of Ohio

Posted 30 March 2022 - 08:01 AM

Nice work. What software are you using? I did the below image with PhotoShop like 9 years ago, but my license has long since expired. Anything I can do this with that is free? ish? Posted Image

Posted Image

#7738 Hayden

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 30 March 2022 - 02:00 PM

View PostMighty Spike, on 30 March 2022 - 03:07 AM, said:

Wb Hayden Ok, seems they will get again my moneyPosted Image

Not back in any official capacity, just really liked the Crusader ;D (Hatchetman will get some more attention too, I suspect).

View PostMookieDog, on 30 March 2022 - 07:06 AM, said:

Hayden, could you by chance turn a Crusader "Ash Gray" maybe put a Genyosha unit patch on the Left Chest area and a Kurita Symbol on the upper right leg. Maybe add some cherry or plum blossoms from the feet up to the Knees. Also your paypal account so I can send you the required payment.

Naw, I don't charge for the repaint stuff; if it's something that appeals to me and I have time, I might do it ;) (To be clear, I'll very likely do this, because it sounds cool and I like it).

That said, I do offer design services for hire, you can PM me if interested.

View PostFLG 01, on 30 March 2022 - 07:54 AM, said:

Cool stuff, Hayden! I had a sneaking suspicision you'd go for your personal canon ride, and I am glad I was right. I love the SIMC - way too short-lived, though.

The 10th Lyran Guards could use some of their silver highlights it is known for, but other than that it is marvellous, thanks. Posted Image I am almost afraid it looks better than what PGI will do to the Lyran Guards scheme Posted Image Posted Image

Also, I like what you did with the horn on the Waco Ranger's Crusader. Are the stars on the left leg a reference to Tennessee? The WR's lore is not my strong suite...

Anyway, I think I speak for everyone saying we are glad the Crusader brought you back.

I'll fix the Lyran scheme, it's always easy to make an oversight as the Donegal/Lyran/Arctural guards use generic brigade schemes, but then the individual regiments occasionally add bits of flair.

You're not far off, it started off as a more proper tribute to Tennessee, but I really wanted the "Hook 'em (horns)" reference (because, you know, the horn) which is very Texan, and it felt all over the place, so I shifted the hue and kept the three star motif as a kind of "nose art" (knee art). If you need a story: "The Mechwarrior is the third member of her family to pilot this Crusader, the three stars represent the pilot, her father, and uncle."

View PostScrapIron Prime, on 30 March 2022 - 08:01 AM, said:

Nice work. What software are you using? I did the below image with PhotoShop like 9 years ago, but my license has long since expired. Anything I can do this with that is free? ish? Posted Image

I use Adobe's Cloud based creative suite, mostly photoshop and some illustrator for this type of work. I don't really use other software outside of Adobe's library (MS Paint on rare occasions, though not for anything like this). GIMP was on my radar once upon a time as a free option, but I haven't used that since around the turn of the millennia, so I can't speak to how good or bad it is now. I wish you the best of luck in finding what you are looking for. Your centurion is pretty cool!

#7739 Ironhawk

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,333 posts
  • LocationMontreal

Posted 30 March 2022 - 05:26 PM

Awesome posts, Hayden. Nice surprise to see the Father of this grand thread back in action, even for just a bit. Cheers!

#7740 Hayden

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 30 March 2022 - 11:05 PM

View PostIronhawk, on 30 March 2022 - 05:26 PM, said:

Awesome posts, Hayden. Nice surprise to see the Father of this grand thread back in action, even for just a bit. Cheers!

I'm having fun, glad to be back, glad to see so many names I recognize! Hope you've been well! Depending on how PGI plays their release schedule, I might be around a bit longer, we'll see!

Here's a revision and something new:
Posted Image
Now with silver trim!
Posted Image
Ned Barenborg's Revenge.

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users