#21 Sparks Murphey

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,953 posts
  • LocationAdelaide, Australia

Posted 02 August 2012 - 05:37 PM

I'm sort of thinking something along the lines of:

Oh my freakin' god, what the h*** is happening?!? Wait, is that a MicroCrusher 16 SMG with SyncuCoil adjustment? Does no one read recall notices? Oh, s***, he's pointing it at me!

#22 Grafvitnir

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 82 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 05:47 PM

Totally approved. This is gonna get fun.

#23 Thom Frankfurt

• 2,741 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSearounders Tavern, Port St. Williams, Coventry

Posted 02 August 2012 - 07:50 PM

Gonna do my best to post tongiht sometime after the kids go to bed... They're driving me up the wall!!!

#24 Sparks Murphey

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,953 posts
  • LocationAdelaide, Australia

Posted 02 August 2012 - 07:51 PM

View PostThom Frankfurt, on 02 August 2012 - 07:50 PM, said:

Gonna do my best to post tongiht sometime after the kids go to bed... They're driving me up the wall!!!

Just push them off some scaffolding...works for me. B)

#25 Thom Frankfurt

• 2,741 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 09:34 PM

View PostSparks Murphey, on 02 August 2012 - 07:51 PM, said:

Just push them off some scaffolding...works for me. B)

Well I do live up on the third story....

#26 RogueSpear

• Legendary Founder
  • 2,018 posts
  • LocationOn the dim edges of the map labelled only: Here be Urbanmechs.

Posted 02 August 2012 - 09:50 PM

Bah! I want to join too. Would it be possible to reserve me a spot for 24 hours? I need to finish some work in the next 9 hours and then get some sleep, but I can post a bio up after that. I'd be playing an IS merc from a relatively unknown unit that's currently expanding, has a reserve of tech but a low MRBC rating from lack of missions and is looking for jobs. So this would be a mechwarrior on a PR mission.

#27 Listless Nomad

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 1,573 posts
  • LocationElsewhere

Posted 02 August 2012 - 10:00 PM

Character Bio
--------------------------------
Name: James Söderlund
Callsign: Nomad
Born: Robinson, 3027 (23 years old)
Experience: Major in 1st Battalion, Bravo Company (Commanding).
Graduate of Robinson Battle Academy.
'Mech: Orion ON1-VA (2xMedium Lasers, 2xSRM-4, AC/10)

James stands 6'2" with a military frame, and is of mixed Swedish and English ancestry, with hazel eyes and dark brown hair. He wears his hair close cropped, and is clean shaven. His face bears minor scars from actions on Vekfahren, and walks with an almost imperceptible limp.
Currently wearing a Robinson Rangers dress uniform with ceremonial sword:
Posted Image
Personnel Dossier
Intelligence Report:

James Söderlund was born in Bakerstown on the southern continent of Solomon on Robinson in 3027, son of Marie Söderlund and Bruce Davison. Immigration reports indicate that Marie Söderlund emigrated to Robinson as a refugee from the Rasalhague Military District of the Draconis Combine. Intelligence reports that she was investigated and not deemed a security threat shortly after her arrival, although her file indicates she was kept under observation following her marriage to Davison. Davison was attached to the 1st Robinson Rangers aerospace wing based out of McCarron Aerospace base. Service records indicate that Davison was deployed to Edwards with the rest of the 1st and remained there from 28-30. Upon conclusion of the 4th Succession War, he rotated back with the rest of his unit to Robinson. The Davison family owned a small farming estate on Solomon, and that is where James and his mother were reported to spend the majority of their time. Davison’s personnel file was flagged several times for dereliction of duty and insubordination. Excuses appear to have been reported as “trouble at home.”
As a result of his flagged record, Davison failed to surpass the rank of Captain and was reported as becoming increasingly frustrated at not being able to see any action. His CO at the time reported Davison complained frequently about missing out on the 4th Succession War, and frequently agitated for raids across the Combine Border.
In 3038, he applied for, and was granted, a transfer to the Federated Suns Armored Cavalry. His file indicates he also reported himself as separated from his wife at this time, although no record of a formal divorce could be located. Records obtained from the FSAC indicate that he served with distinction during the War of 3039, rising to the rank of Major, before perishing in an aerial battle during the assault on Grand Base.
Upon news of the death of Maj. Davison, Marie changed her surname from Davison to her maiden name, and became Marie Söderlund. Court records indicate that James Söderlund had his name changed at the same time. Following the death of Maj. Davison, Marie is reported to have sold the farming estate and left bakerstown. Little record of their domestic life following their departure can be found at this time, as it would appear mother and son moved frequently around the planet. Fragmented school records indicate James did not take the death of his father well, and was cited from several disciplinary incidents in the year following his father’s death.
At the age of 16, at the urging of his mother to make something of his life, James took an apprenticeship on board a jumpship for the next three years. Returning to Robinson in 3044, he applied for, and was granted admittance into Battle Academy of Robinson, where he scored well and showed an aptitude for leadership. As there were no available spots in aerospace wings within the Rangers, he chose instead to test out for Battlemechs. His scores and attitude led him to be requested for the command lance of 1-1, Bravo. While on a liason detachment in the FRR, Söderlund was involved in action on Vekfahren against the rogue mercenary corporation Delian Guard. At the conclusion of the action, Söderlund was critically injured and spent several months in hospital. Upon release, Söderlund returned to his unit. Following recent actions against the Draconis Combine in border raids, he has been promoted to Major, and is currently the CO of 1-1, Bravo.

Psychology and Loyalty Evaluation

Evidence gained from his psychological evaluation, as well anecdotal evidence seem to indicate a strong affinity for Robinson, and the Sandoval family. While not as fanatical as other recruits we’ve seen, it was the opinion of the review board that he can be trusted with a command position. The nationality of his mother, and the subsequent changing of his name caused further investigation prior to his admission – but no evidence of disloyalty could be found. In fact, the knowledge of his mother’s treatment at the hands of the Combine seems to have hardened against the Combine – and can be counted on to fight against them.

Interestingly, it would appear that the fate of his father has caused a hatred of the Capellan Confederation similar in intensity to what we’ve seen against the Combine here in the Rangers. During his entrance interview, James admitted that were it not for the pleas of his mother, he would have applied for admission into the FSAC to wage war on the Capellans. He has been quoted as saying that he dislikes the Kuritans, but he has a respect for combat abilities. “Kuritans at least have honor. It gets them killed but you gotta respect their dedication. For Capellans, I reserve every ounce of my hatred. I will never work with them, never abide them, and never spare them.” Were the 1st Robinson to go into combat with the CCAF, James should be observed for fanatical tendencies, and caution in assigning him command positions should be observed. Against the Combine however, it is likely that he is ideally suited to prosecuting an attack to the fullest.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Major Söderlund has arrived on Tharkad as part of the delegation from the Draconis March of the Federated Suns. After being released from the hospital following action on Vekfaren, James returned to action with the Rangers and participated in several raids against the Draconis Combine. For his actions, James was promoted to Major, and took over command of Bravo Company.

His trip to Tharkad is the first time James has been to the Lyran Commonwealth, and he is uncomfortable around upper level brass. James only attended at the request of the Sandoval family due to the publicity generated from the fallout surrounding the actions of the Delian Guard.

Edited by Listless Nomad, 02 August 2012 - 10:08 PM.

#28 Grafvitnir

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 82 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 10:12 PM

Great to see you, Nomad! Approved!
There'll be a slot for you as well, RogueSpear, whenever you're ready!

#29 RogueSpear

• Legendary Founder
  • 2,018 posts
  • LocationOn the dim edges of the map labelled only: Here be Urbanmechs.

Posted 02 August 2012 - 10:17 PM

Thanks Graf, I owe you one!

#30 Listless Nomad

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 1,573 posts
  • LocationElsewhere

Posted 02 August 2012 - 10:17 PM

It's good to be back Graf - thanks for the invite! I'll make my first post tomorrow morning!

#31 Thom Frankfurt

• 2,741 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 10:45 PM

It's good to see you again Nomad.

#32 Vodkavaiator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 427 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 03 August 2012 - 07:38 AM

Character bio is pretty much done, I want to add some fluff(simply because I enjoy it) but alas I ran out of time and will add them later tonight/tomorrow.

Name: Otto Morton

Callsign: Pilgrim

Date & Place of Birth: March 7th, 3023(26) on the ice planet of Boondock, Federated Suns

Military History:
Spoiler

Rank: formerly a Sergeant in the AFFS, currently a Sergeant Major of the Green Hearts Company

Battlemech: None : Infantry

House Affiliation: None.

Physical Description: Otto has short, spikey blond hair, fair skin, green eyes, a heavy-set squared jaw and constant stubble.

Spoiler

Wears a standard Davion dress uniform, however a large green heart has been embroidered over the left shoulder.

Spoiler

Notable equipment: 1 sidearm(pistol), basic military knife and 1 rifle(will specify make and model later but it will all standard things)---> of course at the moment he is unarmed like everyone else

Background: (Will add later...)

His reasons for attending the Thakkad summit are two fold. Officially he is representing the "Green Hearts" as a company liaison. Unofficially he has been hired to ensure that one DeMarkus Frankfurt has nothing but a peaceful and profitable visit to the planet of Thakkad and the summit.

(I was originally going to make have far less trained character but then I realized anyone hired to keep DeMarkus safe needs to be above average. :) )

Edited by Vodkavaiator, 20 September 2012 - 05:47 AM.

#33 Grafvitnir

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 82 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 07:42 AM

Good to have you, Vodkaviator. Approved!

Busy work day today, expect my post sometime this evening.

Edited by Grafvitnir, 03 August 2012 - 07:53 AM.

#34 Thom Frankfurt

• 2,741 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 10:07 AM

Yay I got a bodyguard!!! And no, I'm not going to sing any Whitney Houston songs for you Vodka.

Edited by Thom Frankfurt, 03 August 2012 - 10:08 AM.

#35 The Outlaw Kazzen

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 10:42 AM

What an interesting group XD

#36 Hinokaze

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 10:45 AM

Character Bio

Name: James Gardner-san

Call Sign: Mr. Flowers

Occupation: simple Gardener here to deliver flower, why because the Archon loves her flowers.

Birth date: Dec 7th 3014 (35years old)

Gear: Flower pots, peat moss, potting soil, Mycosia pseudoflora plants and a com sat phone

Back round: Operator of the east/west Flower shop in Tharkad for the last 7 years, before that on summer set for 2 years. First moved to Fed commonwealth 18 years ago lived on Twycross for most part. Commonly mistaken for notorious House Kurita assassin only known by call sign "Hinokaze".

Note I'm just the flower guy why do I have to go "threw" such a back round check desu????

Edited by Hinokaze, 03 August 2012 - 10:46 AM.

#37 Mota Prefect

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 634 posts
  • LocationAboard Sheep Star 1 Battleship - Location Classified

Posted 03 August 2012 - 10:45 AM

The nerd energy is strong here. :P

#38 Vodkavaiator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 427 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 03 August 2012 - 11:19 AM

View PostHinokaze, on 03 August 2012 - 10:45 AM, said:

Mycosia pseudoflora plants

:P

Who invited the Dancing Joker?

-------------------

View PostThom Frankfurt, on 03 August 2012 - 10:07 AM, said:

Yay I got a bodyguard!!! And no, I'm not going to sing any Whitney Houston songs for you Vodka.

Kaylee: "I know you are supposed to protect DeMarkus but do you really have to sleep in our bed?"
Otto: "I am sorry, Miss, but there could be assassins hiding underneath the sheets at this very moment. Just pretend I am not here."

Edited by Vodkavaiator, 03 August 2012 - 11:27 AM.

#39 Hinokaze

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 11:35 AM

SHHHH!!! I'm not an ISF ninja..... :P really i'm not.....(catches fly with chop stick) I'm just a flower vendor.

Edited by Hinokaze, 03 August 2012 - 11:35 AM.

#40 Thom Frankfurt

• 2,741 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 11:40 AM

Kaylee: *laughs* "A, no. Beat it kid, the old man and I are gonna get freaky tonight."

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users