Sad Panda story

4 replies to this topic

#1 Dakkonn

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • 120 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 12 January 2012 - 08:59 AM

I found this forum and was reminded that I once owned about 500 or so dollars worth on MW minis. (some really good ones too) But one day I left my collection at a friends place cause he was the only other person I played with so hauling them got to be a chore after the collection got X big so left them there so we could play more often and leave a battlefield set up to continue next time. Much later left for a week due to a Con. Came back and he had left for a job never to be seen again. Find out that his roommates threw out the minis thinking he left them. So lost my whole collection in one fell swoop. To this day breaks my damn heart. Thus I am a sad panda :ph34r:

#2 Thorqemada

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,366 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 09:08 AM

I had this with my books when we moved and the idiotic preowner came back and took them to their new home to trash them realizing it was not theirs, i was per third person told i should not mourn the old and worthless trash - if i had them seen in front of me i would have killed them all and their dogs too!

#3 Threat Doc

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 3,715 posts
  • LocationO'Shaughnnessy MMW Base, Devon Continent, Rochester, FedCom

Posted 12 January 2012 - 10:13 AM

Something similar happened to me, with both books and mini's, a few thousand dollars worth, all told, I think, and my ex-wife stole away with them while I was at work... okay, that's not exactly what happened, but the whole story is just... very bad, let's leave it at that, hehe.

#4 Atlas3060

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 661 posts
  • LocationFederated Suns

Posted 13 January 2012 - 05:36 PM

I lived on a third floor apartment complex. I was spraying primer on this Hauptmann then decided to leave it out for the night. Little did I know that a good batch of wind was coming by, it apparently showed up while I was away at work.

The shoe box I used to prime was located, poor little Hauptmann was never seen again. :)

#5 Fiachdubh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 971 posts
  • LocationSkulking out along the Periphery somewhere.

Posted 23 January 2012 - 02:17 PM

Thats a bit much, throwing them out within days! You would think they would at least call him to ask what his intentions for them are so would of known you would be by for them. Pretty poor form.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users