30 replies to this topic

#21 Ravn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 538 posts
  • LocationMN or ID or...Middle East

Posted 01 February 2012 - 12:25 AM

View PostAlaric Wolf Kerensky, on 29 January 2012 - 11:56 AM, said:

Ravn, you take offense at Clan Snow Raven not being recognized, yet you show allegiance to Rasalhague. Perhaps you are guilty of chalcas, quiaff?

Best way to learn the terrain we will be fighting over.

#22 brizzo84

Rookie

• 1 posts
  • LocationU.S. Army, all over the world

Posted 01 February 2012 - 03:55 AM

I would love to see the clans made available, I have always liked clan Jade Falcon. I both the table top, and card versions of Battletech/Mechwarrior

#23 Fiachdubh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 971 posts
  • LocationSkulking out along the Periphery somewhere.

Posted 01 February 2012 - 05:44 AM

So many poor sould led astray by MechWarrior 2. I had such a hard time choosing until found out there were more than two factions outside of that game, always favoured the Falcons a little bit.

#24 Jack Gallows

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,824 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 08:40 AM

Even though I won't play Clan for a long time/if ever (still love my Ghost Bear brothers,) I don't see the harm in allowing Clan Allegiance symbols.

I can understand why they won't be doing it till the invasion hits, because the IS doesn't know anything about them yet and they're reflecting that on the forums really and trying to make a cohesive in game faction drive.

So, I'm for it if you guys want 'em, don't see the overall harm on the forums imo.

#25 Joanna Conners

• The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 1,206 posts
  • LocationEn Route to Terra

Posted 08 February 2012 - 10:47 AM

I appreciate how they might want the forums to show our allegiance in order to foster a competitive spirit.

That being said, it's just the forums and allowing us Clan icons would be great.

#26 ilkhan

• PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 08:00 AM

If we're going to play it by the lore, surely anyone with Clan alegience who is here already would have the Wolf's Dragoons as their loyalty symbol. After all, where do people think all the intel for the invasion came from?

#27 Basch

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 96 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 08:20 AM

I realy dont think thay will show any thing for clans till alot closer to the invason, but once the game is live the time line can change in any way except for major battles (or so thay make it sound with how the world system will work) so the clans may not even invade on the date or the same path. If thay stick dead on the timeline and set history then i expect to see MASSIVE influx for IS forces to the invason path worlds.
So back to my point, im starting to think the Devs are going to click the start button and let us run the path.

#28 CoffiNail

Oathmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 4,285 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSome place with other Ghost Bears. A dropship or planet, who knows. ((Winnipeg,MB))

Posted 10 February 2012 - 08:41 AM

View PostBasch, on 10 February 2012 - 08:20 AM, said:

I realy dont think thay will show any thing for clans till alot closer to the invason, but once the game is live the time line can change in any way except for major battles (or so thay make it sound with how the world system will work) so the clans may not even invade on the date or the same path. If thay stick dead on the timeline and set history then i expect to see MASSIVE influx for IS forces to the invason path worlds.
So back to my point, im starting to think the Devs are going to click the start button and let us run the path.

I disagree, I feel they will adhere to the core history... why else are they so dead centered on the ISN feed, minor trivial things happening... Randall Bills is not going to have the same effect if the players control the timeline. I think they will stick quite close to canon. Yeah most players will head up coreward when the invasion hits. But if done right, they are going to need those players to help try and defend against he Clans.

I see Clan mechs as miniboss fights. The Clan mechs will have devastating range, firepower and speed. But everyone seems to forget the Clan mechs are designed for just that! The Clans fight quick battles. They fights last for hours where IS fights last for weeks. The Clans all meet at a designated place and it procedes with dozen of 1 on 1 fights. Clan mechs do not need to worry about with standing a lance of focused fire because Clans do not fight like that. Clan mechs will have thin armor, less units on the field, and they have even stated they are going to be setting up methods to challenge players and encourage Clan players to try to take that guy out 1 on 1, more exp, honor what ever system they establish.

Clans will be devistating when they come, but not invincible. They lost mechs during the Invasion. They will probably set it so the Clans win said planet, but individual battles between PC IS and Clan forces can go either way.

I mean it is not like they IS only started taking out Clan mechs on Twycross and Wolcott. The Clans still lost a lot of mechs and pilots. They just did not suffer out right defeats. A star may have lost to a few lances, but the overall clusters still won the planets.

#29 GhostRider 02D

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • LocationFlorida, USA or the "sand box"

Posted 10 February 2012 - 09:14 AM

give the clans their choice, but before the clans.... we should be able to have our individual merc groups as a choice...
currently you can pick one of the five major houses...

currenty the merc corps choice looks like a japanese battle (war) flag in the background and makes me think of those Kurita dogs...

I would like to see Wolf's Dragoons...

#30 guardian wolf

• The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 1,965 posts
  • LocationOn Barcelona where the crap is about to hit the fan.

Posted 10 February 2012 - 09:54 AM

Yeah, I would like to see a Wolf's Dragoons merc background

#31 Chuckie

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,738 posts
  • LocationHell if I don't change my ways

Posted 10 February 2012 - 10:07 AM

I would like to have the ability to put your own avatar no matter what.. especailly if a Merc unit.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users