HHGD to HHOD and why its my fault

9 replies to this topic

#1 Blacksunshine

Rookie

• 4 posts
  • LocationBealeton, VA

Posted 02 August 2012 - 04:51 PM

So this topic is only going to appeal to those that understand the title of this post, to all others if you read this are going to see a rare thing that happens in online games, forums and its communities. A Public appology.

So I had been a member of HHGD and House Davion when MPBT moved to Gamestorm, I came in just after the high point of game membership. Like so many of the new pilots in this forum, new to this community I was on the outside looking in. I was never around for the Genie days or the MPBT days on AOL before pay to play.

I was recruited and joined up with HHGD, they where and still are one of the best units in this community and this is how I wronged three individuals directly, and a group of players indirectly.

Mustang

This is where is all started, the one who trained me, showed me the ropes and was one of my lance mates in a lance that win or lose would take it to any group in the game at any time. When MPBT on Gamestorm shut its doors HHGD migrated to the MSN Zone to play Mw4 online. Stang was not very happy about the game, Gamestorm shutting down and the loss of old friends who didnt make the transition.
We where playing with a House Steiner unit one night, led by Wild Hog and got thumped....bad. Mustang was stressed out, pissed off, about that and everything else. And began to take it out on Wild Hog and his group. I was the host of the room and instead of understanging why Stang was upset I booted him from the room, while I applogized to Wild Hog.

I could have/should have handled that completely different then I did. Because of my age and lack of understanding, I made a mistake and for that I appologize.

T91

Serving as his RXO in HHGD just after 3025 was shut down by EA we tried to play in various Mw4 ladder leagues and keep the unit together. At that time you had to pick your lance of people to play with and T91 always wanted to play with his friends, which happened to be the senior staff. Nothing wrong with that, however some of the other memebers saw this as a slight, not letting them in on the matches. As RXO I had to deal with all of that, and instead of trying to resolve the situation correctly, I enabled certain members to be able to remove T91 as RCO and take over the unit, this was the spilt of HHGD to HHoD.

Mark (T91) was a good friend of mine, even invited him to my wedding (which he and wife attended), and I stabbed him in the back all for trying to keep our group together.

Again, I could have/should have handled that completely different then I did. I made a mistake and for that I appologize.

Aahz

My other trainer, lance mate and good friend. Aahz got really burned out, let down after 3025 had its plug pulled, and we never did seem to get him to make the transition to Mw4. He would show up every once in a while but for him I guess it was never the same. He "retired" and didnt show up very much, I wronged him by learning from him about the HHGD and the BlackSheep and not doing what was right to keep the unit together. I was more worried about trying to establish a house structure and lost sight of what was important, friendships, not silly things before and after our handles.

The HHoD and HHGD pilots.

Because of my actions, I caused this rift between the two units. Would it have happened anyway? Maybe, but I made the wrong choices and certainly could have done things differently.

So why am I telling everyone this? I guess it is time. I am so happy to know that Aahz, Stang, T91, BadElectric, Demonspawn, BBQ, Aylward, Iron, Cujo, and a slew of other HH pilots are alive, and doing well.

I also do not want the bad choices I made to affect what could be a new generation of HHGD/HHoD pilots could potentially have.

Would I like to have those friendships back? Sure, without a doubt. Will it happen? Probably not, I screwed up pretty bad. Do I want to be a HH pilot again? I beleive because of my actions, that will not happen again. I have probably had my name stricken from the HHGD history, and will probably be mentioned in the same converstations a Vegetta Varnay, Phil Aclain (Sp?) and now Blacksunshine.

I just ask that the hatchet be burried as much as possible, stop the infighting on the forums ( I will shoulder that cross), and hope that this game is successful and we will once again have a game, and a community to call home again.

If I left out some details, chalk it up to age (I am getting older now), I think you all get the gist of what I am trying to say and do here. If you want to respond great, if not I understand.

See you all in the game.

**PS T91, that was a epic win the other night with your Atlas and my Hunch :P

#2 Fgump

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 89 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 02 August 2012 - 05:04 PM

But I liked you O.o

#3 Rot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 105 posts
  • LocationSt Louis Mo.

Posted 02 August 2012 - 05:16 PM

Good to see you around BS!

#4 Blacksunshine

Rookie

• 4 posts
  • LocationBealeton, VA

Posted 02 August 2012 - 05:35 PM

Hiyas Gump, Hiyas Rot!

#5 Mustang

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Leftenant General
  • Leftenant General
  • 125 posts
  • LocationMargaritaville , Al

Posted 02 August 2012 - 07:20 PM

Have Read response pending

#6 chewie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 875 posts
  • LocationPortsmouth, UK, Addicks, FedSuns

Posted 03 August 2012 - 12:47 AM

<S> BSS

wondered when you'd turn up sir.

#7 Blacksunshine

Rookie

• 4 posts
  • LocationBealeton, VA

Posted 03 August 2012 - 02:38 AM

View Postchewie, on 03 August 2012 - 12:47 AM, said:

<S> BSS

wondered when you'd turn up sir.

<S> Chewie

Good to see you too!

#8 C u j o

• PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 04:36 AM

It takes a strong man to stand up to his enemies but it takes an even stronger man to stand up to his friends. It's cliche but seems appropriate.

#9 Burner

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 64 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 01:45 PM

View PostC u j o, on 03 August 2012 - 04:36 AM, said:

It takes a strong man to stand up to his enemies but it takes an even stronger man to stand up to his friends. It's cliche but seems appropriate.

Well Said. Once a HH always a HH. Remember we are all on the same side now let's go hunt some Steiner!

Burner
Leftenant
HHoD
=AFFS=

#10 Angus

• PipPip
  • 40 posts
  • LocationAlexandria La.

Posted 07 August 2012 - 07:08 PM

~S~
Angus
Lft.