91 replies to this topic

#81 Deedsie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 320 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 10:24 PM

Horse Jade Falcon is not on the list.

A freeborn warrior, answers directly and only to Khan Marthe Pryde, oversaw an elite trinary consisting of other freeborn warriors, humiliated Smoke Jaguar and Steel Viper, etc.

#82 Martha

Rookie

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 07:37 PM

Kai
They even gave him his Centerion from the Soleris game! A/C 20!!!!
Excuse the misspellings.

#83 Thantas

Rookie

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1 posts
  • LocationSanta-Fe, Terra, Prefecture X

Posted 23 August 2012 - 05:27 AM

Victor is the most consistent in that he has been a cornerstone of Inner Sphere politics from the Fed-Com Civil War, through the Clan invasion, the Blake Jihad, before (finally) dying on Terra. As a Paladin of the Sphere no less!

#84 MilitantMonk

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis, MN

Posted 23 August 2012 - 05:56 AM

Honestly, I always really loved the perspective of Shin Yodama. The man was there for some of the largest events in Inner Sphere history. I enjoyed seeing the universe through his eyes when they followed him. He was just a lowly yakuza who ends up one of the most influential men in the Inner Sphere.

His storyline really culminates in the aftermath of the Battle of Luthien. He was put in charge of keeping the Coordinators company in check as a reserve when all Takashi wanted to do was seek out the enemy and do him harm. Shin threatened the life of the Coordinator and made him realize he needed to see his son's vision for the Battle of Luthien and the future of the Combine. When Takashi calls for Shin to meet with him afterwards all Shin can think is that he will be executed...not praised as a strong and loyal soldier. It's just a great character arc.

#85 MilitantMonk

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis, MN

Posted 23 August 2012 - 06:09 AM

View PostModi, on 07 July 2012 - 04:39 PM, said:

If you mean pre clan invasion for time period I would go with Phelan Kell. He is brash and cocky. He thinks he knows who he is and who he is supposed to be in this time period. Victor does not come into his own until after the clan invasion starts. Kai, well Kai is insane in a mech no doubt about it. Sun-ztu gives me the creeps enough said. If we go for further down the time line then I go with Archer Christifori. I mean seriously the guy destroys 6 mechs I think it is and an elemental before his mech goes down just to insure the safetly of a drop point? Then when he gets back home he leads a revolt on his home planet takes it to a nearby planet and succeeds in destroying the planetary defenses on both planets.

Don't confuse plot armor with being awesome. :(

#86 Leeroy Mechkins

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 581 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 01:10 AM

Definitely Sal Allard-Dressing, the famous vegan mechwarrior.

#87 Orcish Librarian

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 37 posts
  • LocationBerlin, Germany

Posted 29 August 2012 - 04:19 PM

Many of you have mentioned Abtacha aka Cassie Suthorn. Yeah, she is pretty badass. But there was another character who brought down Battlemechs without Power Armor or a vehicle. Someone remember Ramage, the badass commander of the infantry of the Gray Death Legion? He is basically Cassie, but more down to earth - without "super powers" and the mental scarring and stuff. He is second only to Cassie as far as infantery vs. mechs goes. I would vote for him. Too bad the clans got him on Pandora...

Anyways, going back to finish "Price of Glory"... ;-)

#88 yarddog

• PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • LocationChicagoland

Posted 29 August 2012 - 04:36 PM

How about Theodore and Omi Kurita? In like the greatest denouement in history, when the coordinator,Takashi, honors Shin, Theodore, Omi and Hohiro by serving them tea. ahh, gettin' choked up just thinking about it.

#89 Dymitry

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,321 posts
  • LocationSibko

Posted 30 August 2012 - 01:57 AM

They are all cool in their own ways.

I know you wanted one, but I would feel bad neglecting the others! In order of how I enjoyed reading about them, and obviously excluding born Clansmen:

Phelan: plainy an uber cool guy: one of the top 5 mechwarriors/fighters in the universe in his time, possibly ever. A perfect (warden) Clansmen that retain the good of his very IS human side. Best of the 2 words.

Kai: another of the top 5 mw/fighter. He is the embodiment of a warrior gentlemen, only moved by justice and to promote peace, never for personal gain/honour. His internal struggles are always interesting to read.

Omi Kurita: there are a few very interesting female characters in bt, but most of them do not get much showtime. Omi does (relatively), and we see a person with the inner strength of the whole dragon, and of unrivalled integrity. Her love for the combine never shows feelings of pedantic nationalism, see knows the shortcomings and issues of her society and fights fiercely but gracefully against them, and to improve all the IS inhabitants lives.

And she can stand Victor, even when he is prince. She even loves him?!? For like 200 years? That clearly proves that she has a spark of insanity in her, which is good.

#90 Justin Xang Allard

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 219 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 10:18 AM

View PostCPTAmerica, on 03 February 2012 - 07:31 PM, said:

He's not on the list but, Justin Allard.

Or, let's get really old school.....Rex "Grease" Anderson. A small time tech who just happened to save a small mercenary force from destruction by Kurita forces. Of course, wouldn't you know it, that small mercenary force proved pivotal in helping to stop the Clans from taking Luthien.

Snuff said

View PostJustin Xang Allard, on 31 August 2012 - 10:18 AM, said:

Nuff said

#91 Ansen Mallory

• Pip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationManassas, VA (USA)

Posted 23 September 2012 - 07:31 AM

Of the choices...Victor, with Kai and Phelen in second.

Hohiro just annoyed me and Sun Tzu and his sister Kali should have been taken out by Candace when the got Romano.

As for a lady...

Candace Liao is pretty cool and Cassiopea of the Caballeros is awesome. Plus, she gives birth to "the Knave" for the DA series, and he's just a cavalier bad a$$.

#92 Nikolai Rachmananov

• Pip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 11 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 11:13 AM

Of the list, Victor was my favorite. He was an amazing tactician and became a remarkable leader both in and out of a 'mech.

Jamie Wolf and Natasha Kerensky will forever be my favorites, however. "Wolves on the Border" will forever live as the best of the Battletech novels.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users