Time Killing

6 replies to this topic

#1 Dakkonn

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • 120 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 14 January 2012 - 12:04 PM

So I have been chomping at the bit waiting for this game now. I am really wanting to just dive right back in but while I wait I have been reading lore and looking various things up online but its only adding fuel to the burning desire to once again pilot a mech.

So the short of it is I need something to kill time while I wait for this game. I have already tried downloading the free to play MW4 games off the site but they are having various issues (re downloading ATM) So I started trolling the internet and watch some old MW2:mercs videos (best game of the series IMO) But that again only made me want to play them even more. So I am here asking for help in this regard.

I am mostly interested in if there is a online version of the table top RPG I could mess around with. Just something like those facebook RPG's that you just build stats it does a random number crunch and you do X damage vs mob ect ect. Its not the same as playing the real thing but at this point I'm looking for any kinda of MW interaction. I'm about 10 secs away from driving back home and digging out my old MW Cds and seeing if I can get them to run some how.

Any recommendations for a good place to go that I can get a mechwarrior fix :) I needz my feel goodz :P

#2 Nik Van Rhijn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,905 posts
  • LocationLost

Posted 14 January 2012 - 12:08 PM

MegaMek is a computerised version of TT http://www.mekwars.org/ and they do online campaigns.

#3 Kaemon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,924 posts
  • LocationMN

Posted 14 January 2012 - 12:13 PM

View PostDakkonn, on 14 January 2012 - 12:04 PM, said:

So I have been chomping at the bit waiting for this game now. I am really wanting to just dive right back in but while I wait I have been reading lore and looking various things up online but its only adding fuel to the burning desire to once again pilot a mech.

So the short of it is I need something to kill time while I wait for this game. I have already tried downloading the free to play MW4 games off the site but they are having various issues (re downloading ATM) So I started trolling the internet and watch some old MW2:mercs videos (best game of the series IMO) But that again only made me want to play them even more. So I am here asking for help in this regard.

I am mostly interested in if there is a online version of the table top RPG I could mess around with. Just something like those facebook RPG's that you just build stats it does a random number crunch and you do X damage vs mob ect ect. Its not the same as playing the real thing but at this point I'm looking for any kinda of MW interaction. I'm about 10 secs away from driving back home and digging out my old MW Cds and seeing if I can get them to run some how.

Any recommendations for a good place to go that I can get a mechwarrior fix :) I needz my feel goodz :P

Post awesome, helpful things for the devs in the forums, like the rest of us....

(well not me, but everyone else)

Also we need the following:

Wish List Alert!
  • Our own web comic
  • Stellar pod-cast done!
  • Killer radio station done!
  • Awesome repaint thread of concept artwork check!
  • Our own internet meme (hmmm...does Toast count?)
Ummm...dang...what else do we need?

#4 Dakkonn

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • 120 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 14 January 2012 - 12:34 PM

LOL after you post I googled Mechwarrior comics and discovered just how old this series truly is. LOL I joined at Mechwarrior 2 : Mercs then went back and played MW2. Played everything with MechWarrior in the title since but never knew just how long ago this started. :) I support the idea of more web contents we needz da web comics ^_^ or some more youtube shows :P god I wish I was not in the middle of no where so I could go nerd out with other MW/BT fans in person ^_^

#5 Morashtak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 1,242 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 14 January 2012 - 01:34 PM

View PostDakkonn, on 14 January 2012 - 12:34 PM, said:

I googled Mechwarrior comics and discovered just how old this series truly is.

BattleTech: 25th Anniversary Introductory Box Set release date of 25 January, 2012.

#6 Mason Grimm

Com Guard / Technician

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationToronto, ON

Posted 14 January 2012 - 05:04 PM

Moved to OT

#7 Dakkonn

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • 120 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 14 January 2012 - 09:04 PM

View PostMorashtak, on 14 January 2012 - 01:34 PM, said:

BattleTech: 25th Anniversary Introductory Box Set release date of 25 January, 2012.

GASP??? Really??? Sold

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users