Clan Mechs

38 replies to this topic

#21 Nerts

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 10:25 AM

View PostJohn Clavell, on 15 January 2012 - 03:21 AM, said:

The Dragoons brought, what the Clans expected to be, and they themselves considered old or second line equipment. But to the Inner Sphere, not even many of the houses had the kind of kit, or in the condition the Dragoons did. The Annihilator was a Star League mech which never got off the drawing board before the Exodus. The Clans ended up building them. The Imp was the first Battlemech constructed by Clan Wolf, designed as a Command Mech, and outlined by Nicolas Kerensky. Everything else the Dragoons had were Star League tech. Some of which had been totally lost to the Inner Sphere via the Succession Wars.

All of the Dragoon mechs come 3005 were downgraded to level 1 tech. Come 3049 / 3050 The Dragoons are indeed in possession of Clan Mechs, or at least the designs and means to build some Clan Wolf Omni Mechs, and Elementals. Their production facilities would of begun tooling up for if not started production of the Dire Wolf come 3049. They also were able to construct Clan weapons. and produce much of the Clan technology. Many of their mechs around this time would of been updated to Clan kit. So the downgraded Imp and Annihilator for example being fullfit with Clan weapon loadouts, Clan double heatsinks and such. But this stuff is ONLY available to the Wolf's Dragoons. They did not give the Inner Sphere direct and unrestricted access to Clan technology. The only way you'd get to use Clan tech would to be in the Wolf's Dragoons at this stage.

At least I was right about one part of that :v

#22 Zervziel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 909 posts
  • LocationVan Zandt

Posted 15 January 2012 - 10:39 AM

Conceivably one could get Clan tech by defeating a member of the Dragoons, but that's only if salvage was implemented in such a way. Other than that, the Black Widow is still alive at this point. I'd like to fight against her or alongside her. That's one problem only having all multiplayer aspects to a game.

#23 John Clavell

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,609 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 11:57 AM

View PostZervziel, on 15 January 2012 - 10:39 AM, said:

Conceivably one could get Clan tech by defeating a member of the Dragoons, but that's only if salvage was implemented in such a way. Other than that, the Black Widow is still alive at this point. I'd like to fight against her or alongside her. That's one problem only having all multiplayer aspects to a game.

There is a problem however with your comments. All Dragoons had been recalled to Outreach, and the Inner Sphere was fighting the Clans. The Dragoons did not deploy until 3052 for the Battle of Luthien, were they most likely would of fielded their upgraded tech and limited Clan Battlemechs for the first time since their recall orders. In a nut shell you'd not of gotten a chance to get hold of a Clan mech off the Dragoons, unless your called Victor Davion :D You'd of had a better chance just going to the Clan front. And, good luck beating Natasha Kerensky :D

Thought who knows, what the developers have in store. Maybe we will see her, or reference to her. Just have to wait and see.

Edited by John Clavell, 15 January 2012 - 12:02 PM.

#24 Thomas Hogarth

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 463 posts
  • LocationTharkad

Posted 15 January 2012 - 12:12 PM

It's worth noting that the Imps and ANHs in Dragoon service pre-invasion were not the clantech versions. At least, not the ones that were fielded.

It does not make sense that WD was fielding such machines as the ANH-C while simultaniously using the ARC-2W - with the ARC-2W receiving the critical acclaim.

Recent Historicals have backed up this, as these SL-era tech mechs are fleshed out for the pentagon wars. These are the machines, minus even SL tech, that were brought to the IS with the WD.

#25 John Clavell

• 1,609 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 12:30 PM

Like I had stated already. All their Clan and SL mechs were downgraded to tech level 1. The Imp is a Clan designed mech though, regardless of it being downgraded. Certainly the ones they brought with them in 3005. Some of these downgraded SL mechs where later field upgraded to SL technology during the 3030-3040's. Come 3050, the Dragoons where producing Clan Battlemechs, equipment, and weapons, certainly around this time Clan version of the Imp and Annihilator would of started showing up or at least be in a pre-production stage.

#26 Zervziel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 909 posts
  • LocationVan Zandt

Posted 15 January 2012 - 12:33 PM

View PostJohn Clavell, on 15 January 2012 - 11:57 AM, said:

There is a problem however with your comments. All Dragoons had been recalled to Outreach, and the Inner Sphere was fighting the Clans. The Dragoons did not deploy until 3052 for the Battle of Luthien, were they most likely would of fielded their upgraded tech and limited Clan Battlemechs for the first time since their recall orders. In a nut shell you'd not of gotten a chance to get hold of a Clan mech off the Dragoons, unless your called Victor Davion :D You'd of had a better chance just going to the Clan front. And, good luck beating Natasha Kerensky :D

Thought who knows, what the developers have in store. Maybe we will see her, or reference to her. Just have to wait and see.

Ah right. Forgot that.

Note to self: Kill Victor Davion and take his Dire Wolf.

As for Natasha I think i could take her....with about 3 mech regiments...2 aerospace wings.....and a WarShip in orbit backing me. Mutual destruction is still a kill right?

#27 John Clavell

• 1,609 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 12:35 PM

View PostZervziel, on 15 January 2012 - 12:33 PM, said:

As for Natasha I think i could take her....with about 3 mech regiments...2 aerospace wings.....and a WarShip in orbit backing me. Mutual destruction is still a kill right?

Maybe.... If you get her on a bad hair day.

#28 The Paleo King

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 41 posts
  • LocationWherever the C-bills flow

Posted 15 January 2012 - 12:43 PM

Dragoons were using LosTech and some early Clan mechs which were outdated by Clan standards, but still well ahead of typical IS tech.

#29 Zervziel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 909 posts
  • LocationVan Zandt

Posted 15 January 2012 - 12:51 PM

View PostJohn Clavell, on 15 January 2012 - 12:35 PM, said:

Maybe.... If you get her on a bad hair day.

Oh come on. She's tough and skilled as hell, yes. But she's not like some Battletech Chuck Norris. After all Joanna roasted her with her jumpjets. Still I imagine I could beat her.....after sending said regiments and aerospace wings to soften her and the Wolf Spiders up. Even they have a CLG. If all else fails, orbital bombardment.

#30 John Clavell

• 1,609 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 12:54 PM

View PostZervziel, on 15 January 2012 - 12:51 PM, said:

Oh come on. She's tough and skilled as hell, yes. But she's not like some Battletech Chuck Norris. After all Joanna roasted her with her jumpjets. Still I imagine I could beat her.....after sending said regiments and aerospace wings to soften her and the Wolf Spiders up. Even they have a CLG. If all else fails, orbital bombardment.

Yeah but she was pretty old by then let's not forget :D

#31 Stormwolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,951 posts
  • LocationCW Dire Wolf

Posted 15 January 2012 - 01:54 PM

View PostJohn Clavell, on 15 January 2012 - 12:54 PM, said:

She was 84 to be exact.

Anyway, the Natasha Kerensky from the lore is quite possibly the best warrior ever.

#32 djuice1701

• PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 01:59 PM

Hey, don't forget Kai-Allard Liao... Solaris Champion multiple times, some also considered him to be the best Inner Sphere pilot ever.

If Clan Tech ever comes to MW:O I hope it's appropiately priced, and atleast as close to canon as possible, meaning it should be far superior to IS Tech 1, and even Tech 2.

#33 Stormwolf

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,951 posts
  • LocationCW Dire Wolf

Posted 15 January 2012 - 02:10 PM

View Postdjuice1701, on 15 January 2012 - 01:59 PM, said:

Hey, don't forget Kai-Allard Liao... Solaris Champion multiple times, some also considered him to be the best Inner Sphere pilot ever. If Clan Tech ever comes to MW:O I hope it's appropiately priced, and atleast as close to canon as possible, meaning it should be far superior to IS Tech 1, and even Tech 2.

It shouldn't be available in stores, it's not like the Clans are selling weapons to get themselves killed.

#34 Zervziel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 909 posts
  • LocationVan Zandt

Posted 15 January 2012 - 02:13 PM

View PostJohn Clavell, on 15 January 2012 - 12:54 PM, said:

True, but then again she's pretty old now. She died in 3058

#35 Thomas Hogarth

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 463 posts
  • LocationTharkad

Posted 15 January 2012 - 03:53 PM

View PostThe Paleo King, on 15 January 2012 - 12:43 PM, said:

Dragoons were using LosTech and some early Clan mechs which were outdated by Clan standards, but still well ahead of typical IS tech.

To be fair, this is from a time in BT history where they called Dropships LosTech. Ditto for any designs that were lost, but otherwise Level 1/Introductory Box Set rules. Such as the L1 ANH and Imp. Think about it - if the writers intended these 'Mechs to be using SL-era tech, there wouldn't be IBS/L1 variants.

#36 Snowcaller

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 216 posts
  • LocationHiding in FRR space after defecting. (UK)

Posted 16 January 2012 - 01:59 PM

View PostAlistair Steiner, on 14 January 2012 - 11:00 PM, said:

It's an iconic 'Mech. Until the Mad Cat, I'm fairly certain it was the mascot of BattleTech, legal issues and all. If the Warhammer makes it into the game, then it will be a huge victory for the franchise, being able to bring back one of the most beloved Unseens. I still get goosebumps seeing them in MWLL.

Right, i may well be showing my age here and please don't think I'm questioning your judgement, I'm questioning mine, but wasn't the Warhammer on the 2nd Ed' box set? I believe (likely incorrectly) that it was the Battlemaster on 1st Ed', with several others in the background. Of course this included the Warhammer. :)
Citytech, I think, had a Shadowhawk on the front...but it might have been Battlemaster-Shadowhawk-Warhammer for 1st, 2nd & 3rd...and there might have been a Stalker on the CT box...but Stalkers are terrible urban fighters ...AAAAAAARRRRGGGHHH!!!
Excuse me.
NERDSPASM!
;)

Aside from my impertinent querying, I agree that the Warhammer is one of the Golden oldies, the original 70 tonner from the original boxset. The silhouette of a Warhammer was evocative, with it's distinctive lower arms, just consisting of two BIG PPC's...and the 6 pack SRM in case someone gets some funny 'minimum range' strategy.

EDIT-Please excuse me Alistair, after some catching up on the story in the last 12-14 years, i found the 1st Ed box...was the Warhammer. Sorry.

Edited by Snowcaller, 16 January 2012 - 02:32 PM.

#37 Mason Grimm

Com Guard / Technician

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationToronto, ON

Posted 16 January 2012 - 02:27 PM

View PostStormwolf, on 15 January 2012 - 01:54 PM, said:

Anyway, the Natasha Kerensky from the lore is quite possibly the best warrior ever.

View Postdjuice1701, on 15 January 2012 - 01:59 PM, said:

Hey, don't forget Kai-Allard Liao... Solaris Champion multiple times, some also considered him to be the best Inner Sphere pilot ever.

"The Ultimate Warrior Series: Natasha Keresnky vs. Kai Allard-Liao"

I would totally watch this!!!!!

#38 Alistair Steiner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 516 posts
  • LocationFlorence, SC

Posted 17 January 2012 - 03:06 PM

View PostSnowcaller, on 16 January 2012 - 01:59 PM, said:

Right, i may well be showing my age here and please don't think I'm questioning your judgement, I'm questioning mine, but wasn't the Warhammer on the 2nd Ed' box set? I believe (likely incorrectly) that it was the Battlemaster on 1st Ed', with several others in the background. Of course this included the Warhammer. :)
Citytech, I think, had a Shadowhawk on the front...but it might have been Battlemaster-Shadowhawk-Warhammer for 1st, 2nd & 3rd...and there might have been a Stalker on the CT box...but Stalkers are terrible urban fighters ...AAAAAAARRRRGGGHHH!!!
Excuse me.
NERDSPASM!
:P

Aside from my impertinent querying, I agree that the Warhammer is one of the Golden oldies, the original 70 tonner from the original boxset. The silhouette of a Warhammer was evocative, with it's distinctive lower arms, just consisting of two BIG PPC's...and the 6 pack SRM in case someone gets some funny 'minimum range' strategy.

EDIT-Please excuse me Alistair, after some catching up on the story in the last 12-14 years, i found the 1st Ed box...was the Warhammer. Sorry.

Hey, not a problem. I never managed to get into the TT game (nobody around to play it with, and no local stores that sold that sort of merchandise), so truly, I was just going off something I heard. When I saw your post, I was so worried I'd screwed something up, heh. And yes, the Battlemaster is another of the older, iconic 'Mechs, if I remember correctly.

#39 Heronimus Bosch

• PipPipPip
  • 98 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 17 January 2012 - 06:02 PM

View PostSnowcaller, on 16 January 2012 - 01:59 PM, said:

Excuse me.
NERDSPASM!
:P

Warhammer is also on the second edition Bttletech box, Citytech has an Archer on it, hile Battletech Reinforcements has the Shadowhawk, Wolverine, Wasp and Crusader on it. :P

9 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 9 guests, 0 anonymous users