10 replies to this topic

#1 Qarnage

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 105 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 04 August 2012 - 05:34 AM

I've seen some people claiming they are recruting for a team, group or unit of pilots, and I would like to see a centered place for those who don't have yet such team, being new to MechWarrior Online, or MechWarrior franchise or maybe to whole BattleTech Universe.

I would invite men and/or women that share the situation of being teamless, to post here a brief summary of their experiences, beliefs, needs for team and what else.

Here is a list of units for House Davion, you might want to have a look to it.

Edited by Qarnage, 15 November 2012 - 11:32 AM.

#2 GrandKlaive

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 63 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 13 November 2012 - 08:55 AM

Check the Robinson Rangers out www.1st-rangers.com we are a good sized group, and we have alot of Canadians in our ranks.

#3 chewie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 875 posts
  • LocationPortsmouth, UK, Addicks, FedSuns

Posted 13 November 2012 - 09:29 AM

Wow, way to revive a dead post. :P

On a serious note, Qarnage has since been recruited, and is a dam fine pilot and officer within the HHoD.

And glad we all are to have him. Enriched by his presence we are ^_^

#4 SirriusLee

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 37 posts
  • LocationCanis Major

Posted 13 November 2012 - 06:18 PM

I m looking to join a team.I m new to MWO, but I m not new to mechwarrior games.I ve played MW2, MW3, MW4, Black Knight, and Mercenaries.(I love mechwarrior games).I ve been playing MWO since Oct.15, and I think I can handle myself in a mech.(I think so,anyways) I prefer a medium or heavy mech, and I like going in for the fight, or providing close support for a partner, and flanking.I can play at least 5 days aweek, and my hours are flexable.It dosent matter if teamates are experienced or not , I just want to play and have fun.The only thing, I may need some help setting up teamspeak, since I ve never used it before.

#5 Maverick Magus

Rookie

• 2 posts
  • LocationWestern Washington State

Posted 16 December 2012 - 09:15 AM

View PostSirriusLee, on 13 November 2012 - 06:18 PM, said:

I m looking to join a team.I m new to MWO, but I m not new to mechwarrior games.I ve played MW2, MW3, MW4, Black Knight, and Mercenaries.(I love mechwarrior games).I ve been playing MWO since Oct.15, and I think I can handle myself in a mech.(I think so,anyways) I prefer a medium or heavy mech, and I like going in for the fight, or providing close support for a partner, and flanking.I can play at least 5 days aweek, and my hours are flexable.It dosent matter if teamates are experienced or not , I just want to play and have fun.The only thing, I may need some help setting up teamspeak, since I ve never used it before.

I'm in exactly the same spot you are in terms of needing a team, I think. I played the MW games you listed (takes us back to 1990!) as well as the Xbox versions (someone will nerd rage on this I'm sure but they were fun to play despite their flaws). I'm routinely getting slaughtered in PUGs by well organized teams. Yes, I am kind of a n00b so I don't want some hardcore group. Also, I'm an old guy with a lot of other time commitments so I can't play much but I REALLY want to learn as I love this series and see tremendous potential in this game. I prefer long range sniping as a tactic (support role) but I am learning to brawl and find that I last a lot longer before getting killed than I used to... B) Anyway, if someone is looking for members in a casual group please contact me. Thanks!

#6 AA Yeti

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 194 posts
  • LocationNaperville, IL

Posted 17 December 2012 - 10:28 AM

Hey guys! check out HHoD!

#7 Atlas3060

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 661 posts
  • LocationFederated Suns

Posted 17 December 2012 - 11:08 AM

There's always Cored Battallion.
http://mwomercs.com/...now-recruiting/

They put up with my casual assault and have been friendly. I don't mind helping out new players since they are the lifeblood (and meat shields) for the House of Davion :)

#8 Dyrael

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 75 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 12:04 PM

If you're not into all the pomp and circumstance of house units you should check out the Vanguard Corporation! Players new to mechwarrior/mwo are always welcome!

Here's our recruiting post:
http://mwomercs.com/...ion-recruiting/

#9 Slater01

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 430 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 17 December 2012 - 02:24 PM

Booo! Dirty Mercs . . . All you ever think about is money,
What about things like clean public washrooms, respecting closed bathroom stalls, and having to pay high taxes. This is what I defend. Hell - I'm the public Toliet Paper Police, yes thats me, now it time to wipe this **** up!

What was this topic about again?

#10 Ubba Lothbrock 2

Rookie

• 2 posts
  • LocationTX

Posted 03 January 2013 - 06:32 AM

Also looking for a team. I am an older student with no kids at home. So a little time where college allows. I have just started playing and years ago played online and on table top with my son. Miss NovaCats and Atlases and Crabs too for that matter. The PUG games are a bit of hit and miss meat grinder so I would like to be a bit more organized than that. I do Eve Online now and again. The Corp I am in there is almost all eastern Euro and makes a time problem for coordination. I am not usually available for 2-3 hour game at 10am to 1pm local. Local for me is central U.S.
Thanks.
Ubba

#11 Apoc1138

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,708 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 04 January 2013 - 08:44 AM

View PostUbba Lothbrock 2, on 03 January 2013 - 06:32 AM, said:

Also looking for a team. I am an older student with no kids at home. So a little time where college allows. I have just started playing and years ago played online and on table top with my son. Miss NovaCats and Atlases and Crabs too for that matter. The PUG games are a bit of hit and miss meat grinder so I would like to be a bit more organized than that. I do Eve Online now and again. The Corp I am in there is almost all eastern Euro and makes a time problem for coordination. I am not usually available for 2-3 hour game at 10am to 1pm local. Local for me is central U.S.
Thanks.
Ubba

there are lots of great teams in house davion

take a look at Head Hunters of Davion, they have lots of players from all over the world and always tend to have multiple drops on the go 24/7
membership requirements are also minimal - adherence to some basic guidelines and if you are out of the game for 30 days then you might get moved to reserves, but coming back in to the game you can request to be put back on active duty... whether you are in reserves or fully active you are always welcome to pop on to teamspeak and join one of the open drop rooms or the MechBay *waiting to drop* room to get asked to join a drop

mwo.enjin.com is the website / forum

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users