38 replies to this topic

#1 Stormwolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,951 posts
  • LocationCW Dire Wolf

Posted 16 January 2012 - 02:30 PM

So, we all know each others favorite factions, mechs, weapons, etc.

But what faction is your favorite enemy?

For me it would be Clan Jade Falcon and the Manei Domini.

Any other takers?

#2 Skwisgaar Skwigelf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,136 posts
  • LocationMordhaus

Posted 16 January 2012 - 02:33 PM

Dracos, Capcon, Green Chickens

Don't care for Clans in general but the Chickens seem like the most unlikeable.

#3 verybad

• 4,229 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 02:38 PM

Foolish enemy warriors attempting to teabag downed mechs...possibly even allied warriors attempting this.

As for factions, I suppose the warriors of the Federated Suns are my favorite to fight. Unlike the Lyrans, who know only how to charge, relying on armor and mass to sieze the day, the opponents from the Federation's army at least know how to use tactics...sometimes.

#4 Grayson Pryde

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 334 posts
  • LocationGermany Erfurt

Posted 16 January 2012 - 02:48 PM

Normaly i would say House Liao but the Liao guys in this forum ae quite nice. So i vote for the Clan Wolf and the Davions.

Edited by Grayson Pryde, 16 January 2012 - 02:48 PM.

#5 THE 3rdbreed

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 65 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 04:34 PM

Free Worlds League

#6 Karyudo ds

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,706 posts
  • LocationChaos March

Posted 16 January 2012 - 04:44 PM

View Postverybad, on 16 January 2012 - 02:38 PM, said:

As for factions, I suppose the warriors of the Federated Suns are my favorite to fight. Unlike the Lyrans, who know only how to charge, relying on armor and mass to sieze the day, the opponents from the Federation's army at least know how to use tactics...sometimes.

I'll tactics you... something...

Dang I had something a second ago.

I'd probably say the Combine. Used to like them most, not as much now. Seems a great reason to go pester them.

#7 djuice1701

• PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 04:46 PM

Wolf Dragoon's damn scum stole all our contracts, only because they had their infamous reputation. Left us with scraps, I will have my revenge..

Edited by djuice1701, 16 January 2012 - 04:47 PM.

#8 trycksh0t

• Elite Founder
  • 1,176 posts
  • LocationUmm...in a building..on a road. I think.

Posted 16 January 2012 - 04:47 PM

Most hated all-around: Liao. Stop sending Mercs against me you sissies.

Favorite to face-off against: Draconis Combine. True test of skill facing off against the DCMS.

#9 Bushmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 222 posts
  • LocationSomewhere within FRR territories

Posted 16 January 2012 - 04:50 PM

Hell's Horses.... opps wrong time frame

Draconis... more exact the DCMS

#10 Der BruzZzler von Wiesndoof

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,494 posts
  • LocationAm Grill

Posted 16 January 2012 - 05:05 PM

DC's and FedCom freebirths! Grrr...

#11 Paladin1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 836 posts
  • LocationCapellan March, Federated Suns

Posted 16 January 2012 - 05:18 PM

View Postverybad, on 16 January 2012 - 02:38 PM, said:

Foolish enemy warriors attempting to teabag downed mechs...possibly even allied warriors attempting this.

Hey, I'll have you know that our Mechwarriors graduated from the prestigious Seasame Street School of Warfare. We all learned how to flank the enemy using our fleetest Stalkers and Devastators...

#12 Jack Gammel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 205 posts
  • LocationZiliang

Posted 16 January 2012 - 05:30 PM

Its way beyond the scope of the Clan Invasion, but my answer has to be WoB. Not only do I not care for the Jihad fluff in general (or anything beyond the FedCom Civil War), but the WoB is written to be the equivalent of Nazis in WWII games. You can kill as many of them as you want and you never feel bad.

Jade Falcons are fun to beat too.

#13 Alaskan Viking

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts
  • LocationPalin Prime, Capital of the Alaskan Federation of Planets

Posted 16 January 2012 - 05:48 PM

I have always hated the Draconis Combine, ever since I played MechWarrior2: Mercenaries back in the mid 1990's. Since then I have come to despise overrated "Samurai" warriors, their evil feudalist order, and the idiotic American suburban boys who idealize them for god knows why, so I have only grown to hate the DC even more.

And then there is the totalitarian Liao, which I was just kind of "meh" on from playing Mechwarrior games, but the more I read about them in the lore the more I hate them too.

They seem to embody every anti-liberty, anti human dignity, ideology I despise. And their followers, whom I cannot tell if they are only role playing, or if they really want to live in some communist dictatorship and forsake all personal liberty for emtpy promises of "equality"...One poster on here, admited to being a real life communist, and then chose the Cappellan Confederation because "it fit his ideology". That is better than the ultimate endorsement for me to hate something.

The Fed Suns I actually kinda like, but they are just so goody two shoe and arogant that I feel this strange erge to knuck them down a peg or two.

I was kind of a Clan Wolf fan boy from Mechwarrior 2, I didn't hate the Jade Falcons, but I liekd Clan Wolf more. Now after reading some of the actual lore about the clans, I kind of dislike them all because of the totalitarian, and rather stupid, way their society is organized.

And some of the "trueborn" posters on here come off as being really elitist snobs, who kind of make me angry and sad for them at the same time because they have no real reason or right to be elitist or snobby at all. At least a high school Jock is a real athlete, so when he looks down on people he is actually better than them, at something, like running, etc. But these guys have just decided to become self proclaimed "trueborn" and to look down on everyone else for being worse at....using fewer contractions?

So I kind of hate the clans now too.

I guess mt favorite enemies would be, in order:

1. Draconis Combine.

2. Cappellan Confederation.

3. The Clans, in general.

The Kurita and Liao are really kind of tied, but I chose the FRR so I kind of have to hate the Dranois Combine more, if I would have Chosen the FWL, then they would be reversed and house Liao would be enemy number one.

Edited by Alaskan Viking, 16 January 2012 - 05:54 PM.

#14 Tarriss Halcyon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bold
  • The Bold
  • 243 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 16 January 2012 - 06:01 PM

Eh, after playing Mech Commander 2, the first true MechWarrior game I played (I'm ignoring the pathetic cringeworthy MechAssault series here, ugh) I just have to say, I hate Liao. I hate Liao with a passion. They not only irk me, they hide behind bandits, Mercs, anyone they can hire to cause damage. That, and their outlook - either everyone bows, or everyone dies. Totalitarians are just...urgh.

Steiner, too. Those guys were basically only interested in conquest, never a good sign, plus, when attacked, as in MW4, they hit back harder, an eye for an eye, just like the US does in real life.

I see it like this - Liao is the equiviant of modern-day China, Steiner is the equivilant of WWI Germany, with a few American traits, and Davion is more of a America/Britain hybrid. Kurita, now that's Japan...and a different story.

In the minitures, eh, I ended up with mostly Merc gear, so the side with the most firepower turned out to be the Highlanders...whoever the hell they were supposesd to be.

#15 Kooroush Azartash

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 75 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 06:17 PM

I really do not like the Word of Blake, although I really like their mechs and vehicles. I also think Waco Rangers were kinda punks too.

#16 80sGlamRockSensation David Bowie

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,994 posts
  • LocationThe Island

Posted 16 January 2012 - 07:02 PM

I do love killing me some Clanner Fanboi wannabe's.

(The only reason they actually like the Clanners is because of the better tech, we all know it.)

#17 Kenyon Burguess

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 2,619 posts
  • LocationNE PA USA

Posted 16 January 2012 - 07:07 PM

-the other great houses are all good opponents and i wouldnt take win/loss with them personal.

-i like and admire any group who can run a merc organization with success with the exception of Natasha Kerensky. from spy to Khan, i just dont like her.

-pirates. taking a job as a merc is one thing, landing and commiting unspeakable acts on a population is another.

-the clans. sorry, anyone who steamrolls their way to terra calling everyone freebirths and inferior doesnt deserve respect.

#18 Vicente Maglioni

Rookie

• 6 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 07:26 PM

The filthy clanners are my favorite enemies; for one thing, they're the only ones I can unload my munitions and lasers at without remorse or regret... And if I am particularly successful, I may even gain some bragging rights and salvage by disabling their oh, so powerful 'Mechs.

#19 Alaskan Viking

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts
  • LocationPalin Prime, Capital of the Alaskan Federation of Planets

Posted 16 January 2012 - 08:04 PM

View PostKooroush Azartash, on 16 January 2012 - 06:17 PM, said:

I really do not like the Word of Blake, although I really like their mechs and vehicles. I also think Waco Rangers were kinda punks too.

IS the word of Blake going to be in the game though? I thougth that came later? And Yeah, from what I know about them I don't like them either, but just because it seems like a really weak story, doesn't even deserve to be cannon as far as I'm concerned.

#20 Morashtak

• Mercenary
  • 1,242 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 16 January 2012 - 08:59 PM

View PostGeist Null, on 16 January 2012 - 07:07 PM, said:

-the other great houses are all good opponents and I wouldn't take win/loss with them personal.

-i like and admire any group who can run a merc organization with success with the exception of Natasha Kerensky. from spy to Khan, i just dont like her.

-pirates. taking a job as a merc is one thing, landing and commingling unspeakable acts on a population is another.

-the clans. sorry, anyone who steamrolls their way to Terra calling everyone freebirths and inferior doesn't deserve respect.

Stole my thunder. You said it well.

21 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 21 guests, 0 anonymous users