ISN News Flash

11 replies to this topic

#1 InnerSphereNews

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,780 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 10:13 AM

Sun. Aug 5, 3049: Star League Defense Force enthusiasts denied rights to re-create Battle For Unity City; legal appeal is underway.

#2 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 05 August 2012 - 10:14 AM

They will have many battles to recreate in about a year, that I can assure them of. :)

Edited by Adridos, 05 August 2012 - 10:14 AM.

#3 Skylarr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,646 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationThe Restaurant at the End of the Universe

Posted 05 August 2012 - 10:34 AM

High Council

Council meetings were held in the capitol city of the Star League, the Court of the Star League. Known unofficially as Unity City, the Court of the Star League was built near Puget Sound, located on the North American continent of Terra. It was also the location of the Royal Court, which met for two months during the spring and winter Council meetings. Though not an official part of the High Council, the Royal Court was ostensibly a social gathering of nobles, intellectuals and celebrities, with the festivities led by the First Lord's spouse or Master of Protocol. It was often during these events that many backroom agreements were forged, such that the Royal Court gained a reputation for rampant political and economic dealing.

The problem is they want to Re-create the battle. SO that means they want to attack the place for real. They would be better off asking for permission to Re-enact the Battle.

#4 Skylarr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,646 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationThe Restaurant at the End of the Universe

Posted 05 August 2012 - 10:43 AM

Posted Image

Posted ImageStefan Ukris Amaris
Coup d'etat

On December 27 2766, Amaris seized his chance. He presented Richard Cameron with a ceremonial, jewel-encrusted laser pistol in the Star League High Council chamber, Unity City, Terra, and then shot him through the head. At the same time Stefan's troops moved against Terra and the other worlds of the Terran Hegemony. On the first day, 95 of its 103 planets fell to the surprise attack.

Besides ordering the execution of every man, woman and child with a drop of Cameron blood, Stefan also imprisoned Drago Kurita, the ambassador of the Draconis Combine . Being a grand-nephew of Takiro Kurita, the Coordinator of the Draconis Combine, the ambassador and his family became valuable hostages; a means to pressure House Kurita.

In January 2767, Amaris proclaimed himself emperor. News of the coup did not reach general Aleksandr Kerensky until May of 2767 when Amaris re-established communications and tried to gain the general's support.
General:
I, with my infinite skills and aided by my loyal subjects, have struck, with a swiftness given only to the righteous, a blow that has corrected decades of injuries and slights to my family. I rule where the Camerons once called home. I control the Cradle of Humanity. All within the Hegemony have bowed before me; those who didn’t are dead. Join me, General Kerensky. Become my sword arm and help me impress my word and wisdom upon the other realms. I’ve no reason to hate you; I wish only peace between us. Join me and convince your men and women to follow you, and I will give you power second only to mine.
But should you dare turn a blind eye to the wisdom of my offer and decide not to join, then heed my warning: I control everything the Hegemony has. All its defenses, all of its fortifications, are now manned by people loyal to me. Should you try to attack, every inch of Hegemony soil will be stained with the blood of the fallen, and every drop will be a burden upon your soul, which must already be heavy with guilt for allowing me to accomplish the complete control of your homelands.
Communiqué to General Alexandr Kerensky from "Emperor" Stefan Ukris Amaris, 16 May 2767

However General Kerensky was neither foolish, greedy or afraid; he declared a cease-fire with all other Periphery realms and declared Stefan Amaris an usurper, starting the 13-year Amaris Civil War.

#5 Chunkymonkey

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • 657 posts
  • LocationReady to make war on Romano Liao for the true chancellor, Candace Allard-Liao

Posted 05 August 2012 - 10:59 AM

Back to the future again? Its 3049 again.

#6 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 05 August 2012 - 11:06 AM

View PostChunkymonkey, on 05 August 2012 - 10:59 AM, said:

Back to the future again? Its 3049 again.

No, we'e back from the past.

It was pretty tough to get enough speed for the time travel using a train. ;)

#7 tyrone dunkirk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 672 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 05 August 2012 - 11:18 AM

I hope this whole ' legal appeal ' thing is secret code, and the reason our new 'mech has been delayed for so long is because they're bringing back an unseen ;)

Edited by tyrone dunkirk, 05 August 2012 - 11:19 AM.

#8 rooster

• PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 01:51 PM

i think its a steal hint that the next map to be released is going to be unity city.
or just jumping to conclusions
its probably the second one.

#9 Chunkymonkey

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • 657 posts
  • LocationReady to make war on Romano Liao for the true chancellor, Candace Allard-Liao

Posted 05 August 2012 - 07:25 PM

Bum bum bum(terrible drama music)

#10 Evogenesis

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 130 posts
  • LocationGreat White North

Posted 05 August 2012 - 07:51 PM

What with Comstar holed up on Terra, I don't think there will be too much action happening on Unity City anytime soon...

#11 Shaseki

Rookie

• 1 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 05 August 2012 - 10:11 PM

#12 EgoPrime

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 02:28 AM

Just pay a man for rights to use map. Or even better, give him a job so he can make more maps.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users