The politcal storm continues

466 replies to this topic

#1 Celldoor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 03:28 PM

Mitt Romney chose good running mate Paul Ryan, Voted BIGGEST BROWN NOSER in high school, lol, Also reported he has never worked 1 hour on a real job.. He will be right at home in Washington, DC. For those not from US, They are presidential canidate and running mate.

Edited by Celldoor, 13 August 2012 - 03:30 PM.

#2 Greyrook

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,302 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 03:33 PM

Good thing that was all over a thousand years ago.

But, in real life, I'm not sure which way I'm going in this election, I'm just glad it's not Sarah Palin again *shudder*.

#3 ChargerIIC

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 490 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 13 August 2012 - 03:40 PM

Why O Why did you bring the political crap storm here?

#4 Lightdragon

• 1,212 posts
  • Locationwisconsin

Posted 14 August 2012 - 02:16 AM

all i can say to this is who gives a ****... every presidential canidate just turns out to be full of lies and empty promises in the end so why worry about it

#5 Stormwolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,951 posts
  • LocationCW Dire Wolf

Posted 14 August 2012 - 02:23 AM

View PostLightdragon, on 14 August 2012 - 02:16 AM, said:

all i can say to this is who gives a ****... every presidential canidate just turns out to be full of lies and empty promises in the end so why worry about it

That's the same with politics from all over the world.

#6 Dymitry

• 1,321 posts
  • LocationSibko

Posted 14 August 2012 - 03:15 AM

For what it matters, from my European prospective, Mr. O. has done a good job considering the circumstances, at the very least, it has regained some credibility for the States. Regardless of what they promise during campaign (the same stuff in every democratic country) Economics factor are global (and always increasingly so) and no single politician, no matter who, can change the course of certain cycles.

I also do not want to dwell to much on details, but to think that a candidate for the presidential election, or any member of its entourage for the matter, can come from a working-class background, its optimistic at best. Most of these guys live and grow (politically at last) in a bubble.

Edited by Dymitry, 14 August 2012 - 03:16 AM.

#7 Murph

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 62 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 05:25 AM

Unfortunately, the European Perspective doesn't get the whole story. Barack Obama is standing on a very tall pile of broken promises, criminal appointments and actions of dubious legality under our US Constitution. And many of those broken promises are things he did in fact have under his control or could have had many of his friends in high places in the congress do for him.

He had promised to make sure that all bills going through the congress would be available to read, in their entirety, for at least forty eight hours before a vote. That much touted health care plan that went through several years ago and one big constitutional argument? It wasn't even written to completion before being forced through, much less made available online. He has also, thus far, failed to close the camp at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba. Obama also signed into law the much maligned National Defense Authorization Act of 2012, which is the infamous one with provisions allowing for indefinite detention of US citizens and others on US soil without due process of law for suspicion of terrorism. A federal court blocked the indefinite detention on the grounds of unconstitutionality, however the Obama administration has appealed.

He appointed Eric Holder Attorney General, a man who has done things so idiotic as operation Fast and Furious (look it up, the republican's aren't smart enough to make this up as propaganda.) He has also done little to nothing to protect the voting rights of people who may not vote for Barack Obama. During the 2008 elections, there were members of the New Black Panther Party standing outside a voting station in Philadelphia, one of them carrying a billy club, standing around in uniform and yelling insults at white voters going in to place their ballots. Bear in mind that the New Black Panther Party is considered a hate group by the Southern Poverty Law Center, the Anti-Defamation League, and the US Commission on Civil Rights. Only one of the panthers was removed from the polling location, and all charges pressed were dropped by Holder's Department of Justice not long after the Bush Administration left office. This is but one of Obama's appointees.

The fact of the matter is that Barack Obama has not kept the economy afloat either. He used up pretty much all of his political clout on the affordable care act and has since been unable to even have a budget passed for our government. Most of any recovery occurring is actually from the economy being left largely alone since our government just isn't acting.

Unfortunately we do not have a GOOD candidate on either side of the aisle this election. As it was on an old episode of south park, we're picking between a giant ****** and a **** sandwich.

#8 SakuranoSenshi

• 1,255 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio, Texas

Posted 14 August 2012 - 05:40 AM

Whereas Bush was a saint, obviously.

Honestly, I don't like Obama because I think he made some very poor decisions on economics, though he rather redeemed himself in other places but compared to Bush the man is a genius and 'the best thing since sliced bread'. That's just how bad things were with the previous president.

Romney should be able to give a very elegant concession speech, when the time comes, I am sure. I just wish the options were a bit better. Not that I can vote anyway.

#9 Murph

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 62 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 06:13 AM

View PostSakuranoSenshi, on 14 August 2012 - 05:40 AM, said:

Whereas Bush was a saint, obviously.

Where did I say this? Every time I point out what a foul up the election of Obama was, everyone expects me to praise Bush. Bush was bad. But he owned up to his mistakes. Obama passes the buck onto Bush all the time. Notice how whenever the economy takes a downturn, Obama inherited it from Dubya? Bush has been out of office for three years, six months and twenty five days and it's still all his fault.

Bush isn't running, so I have no intention of propping the man up any more than that. Bush sucked, Obama sucks, and Romney will probably suck, but not as bad as Obama does now.

#10 SakuranoSenshi

• 1,255 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 06:26 AM

You didn't say that, it was an obvious response though and you admit yourself that people often draw the comparison. Like you, I don't think Obama is some sort of panacaea to all the USA's ills and some of the stuff he has signed into law I take just as much issue with as I did with things Bush did but Bush really was so bad that he makes Obama look positively brilliant. That's a sad state of affairs and the South Park episode was on the money here.

Obama couldn't do a worse job than Romney likely would be, without actively finding ways to screw up. Romney is probably the worst candidate in the last forty years, in my opinion, yes, even worse than Bush Jr. The list of things that make him unsuitable is very long but just watching him talk is enough to see why he's wholly unsuited.

#11 wanderer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11,152 posts
  • LocationStomping around in a giant robot, of course.

Posted 14 August 2012 - 07:21 AM

Romney's not THAT bad a candidate. But he was the best of a bunch that included Ron Paul being considered competition and a man whose name is used as another term for the byproducts of sodomy, and he's still got all the leadership of a Wall Street magnate. Which is to say he's not even gonna TRY to be anything but Boss Romney. It's what he is. Can't change what's under the paint.

It's just going to end up a bitter, polarizing episode in American politics where regardless of who wins, people will simply detest the President in office and do enough to continue the gridlock until an inevitable collapse.

#12 A6PackofToucans

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 198 posts
  • LocationPA

Posted 14 August 2012 - 10:25 AM

There's only one I'd vote for....

Posted Image

Hehe. :D

#13 Douglas Reichel

• PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 11:26 AM

Two things.

One...tighten the requirements overall to hold any office, relax the age restrictions, beef up the minimum requirements of skill and experience in relevant fields to each specific office. Deny candidacy to all religious affiliates, and require that those in office give up claim on all private income while in office.

Two...no more elections, lottery pick only. No campaigns, no attack ads, no brown-nosing, and no overwhelming poisonous ideologies.

Maybe in a century or two, if humanity has somehow matured enough to handle the responsibility, they can have some form of democracy, whether it be representative or direct. But right now, they just don't deserve it, they're just not ready.

#14 ChargerIIC

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 490 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 14 August 2012 - 11:58 AM

View PostDouglas Reichel, on 14 August 2012 - 11:26 AM, said:

Two things.

One...tighten the requirements overall to hold any office, relax the age restrictions, beef up the minimum requirements of skill and experience in relevant fields to each specific office. Deny candidacy to all religious affiliates, and require that those in office give up claim on all private income while in office.

Two...no more elections, lottery pick only. No campaigns, no attack ads, no brown-nosing, and no overwhelming poisonous ideologies.

Maybe in a century or two, if humanity has somehow matured enough to handle the responsibility, they can have some form of democracy, whether it be representative or direct. But right now, they just don't deserve it, they're just not ready.

I wondered where the "If I was overlord.." post was

#15 Lightdragon

• 1,212 posts
  • Locationwisconsin

Posted 14 August 2012 - 01:02 PM

Two things.

this ****** read my mind

#16 Murph

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 62 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 01:12 PM

Two things.

Uhhh no! What we need is to get a bunch of people to read the constitution. Inside and out. Understand what everything means and to understand what powers they do and do not have under the constitution. Then we give 'em all those 3 foot long table-leg shaped sexual apparati, let 'em loose in the two houses of congress and have them beat the living crap out of everyone who has voted for a law in blatant violation of the constitution with said rubber *****. Then we run a new special election installing an entirely new government. Noone who has previously held public office on the federal level is eligible.

#17 cleaningotis

• Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 01:13 PM

View PostCelldoor, on 13 August 2012 - 03:28 PM, said:

Mitt Romney chose good running mate Paul Ryan, Voted BIGGEST BROWN NOSER in high school, lol, Also reported he has never worked 1 hour on a real job.. He will be right at home in Washington, DC. For those not from US, They are presidential canidate and running mate.

I like the abundance of ignorance in here. As much as you think corruption and idiocy fills politics, so does retarded ignorant perceptions fill everyone else in the world. good luck

#18 Agarwaen

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 30 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 14 August 2012 - 01:27 PM

Posted Image

^Is all I have to say about this.

#19 Deathsiege

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 177 posts
  • LocationBay Area CA

Posted 14 August 2012 - 01:43 PM

All I have to say is, [REDACTED], I'll move to Canada.

Edited by Viterbi, 04 September 2012 - 10:26 AM.
Religious hatred

#20 SakuranoSenshi

• 1,255 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 02:47 PM

^ I like this but I am out of likes for the day! *sigh*

Referring to Odin, obviously.

Edited by SakuranoSenshi, 14 August 2012 - 02:47 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users