America's Army

1 reply to this topic

#1 Ranger207

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 485 posts
  • LocationI iz in ur matchez, killing ur battlemechz

Posted 19 January 2012 - 11:44 AM

As I have been reading a lot of topics in the forums, I have found that this game will be a strategy game. Not MechCommander-style strategy, mind you, but team based strategy. This will be reinforced if friendly fire and no respawns are included. Now, I don't how much teamwork is in most FPSs (my mom won't let me get M rated games) but I assume It's not a lot. So I recommend that for teamwork practice, you try America's Army. The game is published by the US Army and is available for free through Steam. The game puts you in the shoes of an average US solider (which means about 4 types of guns total) and forces you to use teamwork with no respawns, VERY limited health (2 or 3 shots, max) and more objective based combat, as opposed to "if it moves, kill it." Now, I do have to warn you, the netcode is the worst for any game ever, which means lag is through the roof. However, a good solider can avoid the enemy and not fire a single shot to win the game for his team. If you want to practice accuracy, this is not the game for you. Teamwork is the name of the game in America's Army.

#2 Hartsblade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • 772 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 11:59 AM

I was one of the original BETA testers for AA when it came out and all the way up until the end of the 2.X cycle (if you have an older version of the game you can spot me in the credits ;) ), and you are right on the money about a great team building game. I downloaded it again a few months back and must say it looks great, too bad they never got the lag issues straightened out.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users