Wars of Reaving

22 replies to this topic

#1 CCO Apocalypse

• PipPip
  • 31 posts
  • LocationOsnabrueck, Lower Saxony, Germany

Posted 08 August 2012 - 12:43 PM

Hi,

what do you think of the Wars of Reaving at the Clans?

4 Homeworld-Clans
4 destroyed/absorbed Clans
Rest of the Clans in the Inner Sphere...

Clans
- Coyote
- Cloud Cobra
- Star Adder
- Stone Lion (2 Galaxies of Clan Hells Horses)

in the Homeworlds

- Clan Ice Hellion:
Absorbed by Clan Goliath Scorpion, after failed Invasion of the Inner Sphere

- Clan Blood Spirit
completely destroyed by Clan Star Adder (Parts of the Survivors absorbed by the Star Adders)

- Clan Fire Mandrill
Has destroyed itself by infighting of the Kindraas

- Clan Steel Viper
Completely destroyed (civilists and Warriors!) by all remaining Clans for Warcrimes and usage of nuclear Weapons. Especially because their Khan murdered the Star Adder-Khan Stanislov N'buta.

#2 The Smith

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 137 posts
  • LocationSubject to change without notice.

Posted 08 August 2012 - 12:53 PM

I read the whole thing... It made me sad, but I guess it was inevitable.

Edited by The Smith, 09 August 2012 - 02:50 PM.

#3 JFlash49

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 547 posts
  • LocationKingston

Posted 08 August 2012 - 01:04 PM

it was horrible..

#4 CCO Apocalypse

• PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 01:41 PM

Yeah the Coyotes were hit the hardest in the Wars of the Reaving. Around 3088 they are back to the tops, but only, because the reactivated their 8 missing Bloodnamehouses. They are the only Clan, who can build and Repair Jump- and Warships, thanks to the former Clan Wolf-Shipyards at Kirin.

#5 James Pryde IIC

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 179 posts
  • LocationIronhold

Posted 09 August 2012 - 08:23 PM

Steel Viper got what it deserved ! (but then again I am biased :) ) good riddens ti them

Edited by JAMESPRYDE, 09 August 2012 - 08:23 PM.

#6 Sirius

• PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 12:37 AM

Well, well. I have been out of the loop for quite a while - just spent the last hour and a half scraping the internet for information on what went on there. Looks like messy business from what I can see... and the end of an era for many. It is nice to hear Star Adder made it through though - I kind of liked those guys.

So many consigned to history though. Of the original twenty Clans, only nine remain - one of them having divided into two, apparently.
Or... maybe two. I forgot about the Wolf/Wolf-in-Exile split for a minute.

It looks like they never revisited the Dark Age storyline though - still no word what happens after Malvina's hatchet-job? I still doubt JF would disappear entirely with the amount the writers have invested in it, but nothing really seems sacred any more.

That is one thing with this reboot I suppose - we get to forge our own destiny and not worry about all that stuff! :rolleyes:

#7 Stormwolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,951 posts
  • LocationCW Dire Wolf

Posted 10 August 2012 - 12:56 AM

Wars of Reaving was pretty action packed, I think that they bumped of too many Clans though. I would have prefered it if the Blood Spirits had hidden worlds from where they would strike every once in a while while only retaining their holdings on Strana Mechty.

#8 Seth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 785 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 02:42 PM

I thought it was a pretty logical conclusion to what had been brewing between the homeworld and invading Clans. The Blood Spirits had been on borrowed time for quite a while. I was confused that the Coyotes were able to survive without being at least absorbed. What they were responsible for caused far more damage than what the Wolverines ever did.

Edited by Seth, 10 August 2012 - 02:43 PM.

#9 Gremlich Johns

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,855 posts
  • LocationMaryland, USA

Posted 10 August 2012 - 03:38 PM

Did not happen.....

#10 Renz Ward

• Pip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 12 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 03:44 PM

uh, it kinda did

#11 Jaroth Corbett

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,252 posts
  • LocationSmoke Jaguar OZ

Posted 10 August 2012 - 03:54 PM

View PostThe Smith, on 08 August 2012 - 12:53 PM, said:

I read the whole thing... It made me sad, but I guess it was inevitable.

How was it inevitable?

View PostSeth, on 10 August 2012 - 02:42 PM, said:

I thought it was a pretty logical conclusion to what had been brewing between the homeworld and invading Clans. The Blood Spirits had been on borrowed time for quite a while. I was confused that the Coyotes were able to survive without being at least absorbed. What they were responsible for caused far more damage than what the Wolverines ever did.

I must disagree with you my former Khan. Brett Andrews is called the Bloody ilKhan for a reason. He was simply a power hungry *** who had seen his Clan denied power for too long. He simply tried to make it appear that this was in all the Clans best interest when he was simply trying to get the Vipers to be the front-runners regarding legacies. His end was an ironic & deserved one.

Edited by Jaroth Winson, 10 August 2012 - 03:59 PM.

#12 Evinthal

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 660 posts
  • LocationGig Harbor, Wa

Posted 10 August 2012 - 04:08 PM

Ah, the Wars of Reaving. What a good source for trolling you are, right along side of the Clan Invasion, Jihad and Dark Age.

View PostSirius, on 10 August 2012 - 12:37 AM, said:

Well, well. I have been out of the loop for quite a while - just spent the last hour and a half scraping the internet for information on what went on there. Looks like messy business from what I can see... and the end of an era for many. It is nice to hear Star Adder made it through though - I kind of liked those guys.

So many consigned to history though. Of the original twenty Clans, only nine remain - one of them having divided into two, apparently.
Or... maybe two. I forgot about the Wolf/Wolf-in-Exile split for a minute.

It looks like they never revisited the Dark Age storyline though - still no word what happens after Malvina's hatchet-job? I still doubt JF would disappear entirely with the amount the writers have invested in it, but nothing really seems sacred any more.

That is one thing with this reboot I suppose - we get to forge our own destiny and not worry about all that stuff! :D

Technically we are on the same timeline as the 'real' BT universe, so in theory we should go through all of the events. However right now if we are sticking to the 1:1 time ratio, then we are going to be in for a long haul.

As to the never revisiting the Dark Age story line, no they haven't and Catalyst has no intent on covering it in future books. They are giving it the magic hand wave of "It has been covered, we aren't going to cover it again", and instead they are going to pick up the time line post Dark Age sometime next year from what I know, so I guess we might end up finding out about Malvina's hatchet-job. B)

I look forward to seeing what they do with it. It will be interesting to say the least.

#13 Seth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 785 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 05:12 PM

View PostJaroth Winson, on 10 August 2012 - 03:54 PM, said:

How was it inevitable?

I must disagree with you my former Khan. Brett Andrews is called the Bloody ilKhan for a reason. He was simply a power hungry *** who had seen his Clan denied power for too long. He simply tried to make it appear that this was in all the Clans best interest when he was simply trying to get the Vipers to be the front-runners regarding legacies. His end was an ironic & deserved one.

I say it was a logical conclusion because the causes leading up to the Reaving had been hinted at in several instances:
  • The scientist caste had basically been given carte blanche to do whatever they wanted in several Clans, most notably the Coyotes. Evidence can be seen with the secret sibkos that had been created with mixed legacies from several Clans, notably the Pryde legacy. The fact that scientists were permitted to use their own form of surname, even amongst themselves showed how loose of a leash they were on.
  • The homeworld Clans, specifically the ones that had been ejected from the Inner Sphere, were quite envious of the bounty of resources that the Inner Sphere Clans had access too. The "bounty" of course wasn't real, but the homeworld Clans were convinced that it was, just as the Clans before the invasion imagined the Inner Sphere was a paradise squandered on undeserving barbarians
  • Brett Andrews was able to use this sentiment to manipulate the other homeworld Clans into turning on the Inner Sphere ones. The Star Adders in particular were quite powerful at this point, but other than attacking the Blood Spirits, generally had no purpose since a renewed invasion was no longer possible. Using that as a platform, he was able to get himself elected as ilKhan in order to lead a new invasion. Of course he favored his own Clan, what ilKhan didn't?
  • The Reaving of the Inner Sphere taint, the prerequisite that Andrews had set before renewing any invasion, forced the hand of the Scientists who wanted to preserve the legacies for their own ends.
  • The Burrocks who never accepted their absorption into the Star Adders used support from Bandits and the Tanite civilizations to revived their sundered Clan.
  • Even against the Scientists, Bandit Clan, and resisting elements of the Inner Sphere Clans, the Homeworld Clans should have had an overwhelming advantage. After all they were fighting in their own backyard, with all the resources of their respective Clans at hand, against less skilled Scientists, Bandits, and solahma garrisons. Tha is except for the fact all the warriors were so afraid of being accused of carrying the taint of the Inner Sphere that they stuck to strict Clan honor rules when fighting a war against so many who were not and refused to adapt to that reality like the Inner Sphere Clans had against during their invasion.

#14 Sirius

• PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 07:47 PM

@Evinthal: Very interesting - thanks for the tip! I figure the Falcons won't come out of this mess the same as they were before - but fingers crossed that they will come out of it at all.

#15 Fiachdubh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 971 posts
  • LocationSkulking out along the Periphery somewhere.

Posted 11 August 2012 - 05:34 PM

It was a pretty good read even if some of it didnt make sense although a lot of BT does not make sense if you think about it much, or at all. Worth the read if you are interested in the Clans as is Historical: Operation Klondike.

#16 Thorn Hallis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,902 posts
  • LocationUnited States of Paranoia

Posted 12 August 2012 - 04:21 AM

I'm with Gremlich here. Never happened.

#17 James Pryde IIC

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 179 posts
  • LocationIronhold

Posted 12 August 2012 - 03:50 PM

Brett Andrews was a manipulative #*&$^@ *****, he and his Clan, got what they deserved

#18 pnaksone

• PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 07:05 PM

View PostSeth, on 10 August 2012 - 02:42 PM, said:

The blood spirts survied by being more trouble then it was worth it to try and absorbe.

The Coyotes rode the Wolfs coattails for a long time. If any one made a serious move ageinst the Coyotes also had plan on tangleing with the Wolf.Not to mention severeal slightly less then kosher deals behind the sceens involving both omni and battle armor technolagy.

#19 Seth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 785 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 07:28 PM

At the point where the Coyote involvement in the Scientists uprising became clear, the better part of the Wolfs were already in the Inner Sphere while the remaining garrisons were under assault by the homeworld Clans. The Coyotes should not have been allowed to exist after what they had done in my opinion.

#20 CCO Apocalypse

• PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 04:41 PM

Oh the reason why the coyotes were not absorbed is rather simple.

Their last 2 "normal" Khans, Silas Kufahl and Raven Clearwater are the reason. They and nearly 45% of the Coyote warriors have battled against the Society-Forces and have impressed the then-ilKhan Banacek of the Star Adders with their honor.

Oh, before i forget it, the Jadefalcons are NOT gone. Hazen had a new Target. The Reborn Free World League. The Jade Falcons under her leadership helped rebuilt it together with IS-Forces and the Wolves.

I think her reason for it is, that she hopes to destabilze the IS further.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users