Figured out release date (sort of)

10 replies to this topic

#1 DooHickey

• PipPipPip
  • 50 posts
  • LocationCO, USA

Posted 08 August 2012 - 12:56 PM

Closed Beta: Pre-order and play, er, test prior to release. Money spent, but the clock isn't running and money cannot be truly spent using in-game MC. New features, content, and bug fixes are released.

Open Beta: Anyone can play, anyone can purchase premium status and MC that can be spent. None of that is reset or refunded at a later time. New features, content, and bug fixes are released.

Release: What's left to change? Remove the build information from the upper left corner of the screen while in combat? Features, content, and bug fixes continue as in Open Beta.

Therefore:

Open Beta == Release

Cheers,

DooHickey

PS -- Release Date is when it goes to Open Beta. I've narrowed down to, when we know Open Beta, we know Release Date.

Edited by DooHickey, 08 August 2012 - 01:02 PM.

#2 Icebound

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,148 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 01:04 PM

What does this have to do with the release date?

View PostDooHickey, on 08 August 2012 - 12:56 PM, said:

PS -- Release Date is when it goes to Open Beta. I've narrowed down to, when we know Open Beta, we know Release Date.

Added that in at the last second I see lol. Also good catch on the NDA breach before the feces storm.

#3 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 08 August 2012 - 01:05 PM

open beta = release that isn't quite done yet

#4 JFlash49

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 547 posts
  • LocationKingston

Posted 08 August 2012 - 01:07 PM

so....that was pointless...i expected an actual date...

#5 DooHickey

• PipPipPip
  • 50 posts
  • LocationCO, USA

Posted 08 August 2012 - 01:07 PM

View PostRedshift2k5, on 08 August 2012 - 01:05 PM, said:

open beta = release that isn't quite done yet

True, but from a business point of view, no difference. They will be making money just as if it were released. So, another way to view it is, we're playing for a released game, but still testing it. So it will be pay to test. (Mainly for the Founders since they will have no choice but to watch their premium clock run while in Open Beta.)

Cheers

#6 Bunkerbomber

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 50 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCanada

Posted 08 August 2012 - 01:13 PM

^Derp. Nowadays and in the particular instance of a free to play game, I don't think they ever come out of beta. By the time the game gets to a standard that would be worthy of a title that doesn't have 'beta' in it, most will be sick and tired of playing it. Lets hope this doesn't happen in this games instance.

PS- Cool people don't like they're own posts. Just saying.

Edited by Bunkerbomber, 08 August 2012 - 01:14 PM.

#7 ScrapIron Prime

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,848 posts
  • LocationSmack dab in the middle of Ohio

Posted 08 August 2012 - 01:13 PM

Well that's the beauty of a F2P online game... you can release it with some work left to go, and people can try it and don't have to pay you until they want to. If you try this with a game you are required to buy first (looking at YOU, Diablo 3), people get mad. :lol:

#8 Terin

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 100 posts
  • LocationKalidasa, FWL

Posted 08 August 2012 - 01:14 PM

Well it has to be before Sept 21st, 2012 (the last day of summer). So Cheers almost a month from release!!! :lol:

#9 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 08 August 2012 - 01:14 PM

View PostDooHickey, on 08 August 2012 - 01:07 PM, said:

True, but from a business point of view, no difference. They will be making money just as if it were released. So, another way to view it is, we're playing for a released game, but still testing it. So it will be pay to test. (Mainly for the Founders since they will have no choice but to watch their premium clock run while in Open Beta.)

Cheers

you men the free premium time they threw in as a free bonus on top of the founder pack? That will accrue XP and Cbills we get to keep since there are no more wipes?

Excuse me while I shed a tear over the bonus free premium time being used up and giving me heaps of free bonus XP

#10 DooHickey

• PipPipPip
  • 50 posts
  • LocationCO, USA

Posted 08 August 2012 - 01:29 PM

View PostRedshift2k5, on 08 August 2012 - 01:14 PM, said:

you men the free premium time they threw in as a free bonus on top of the founder pack? That will accrue XP and Cbills we get to keep since there are no more wipes?

Excuse me while I shed a tear over the bonus free premium time being used up and giving me heaps of free bonus XP

Oh, maybe I missed something. What extra free time are we getting beyond what we get with our Founders package?

Cheers

PS -- I'm abusing the Like This system since it allows me too. Min/Maxing the social game. :lol: Perhaps they will notice such abuse and fix it.

#11 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 08 August 2012 - 02:25 PM

View PostDooHickey, on 08 August 2012 - 01:29 PM, said:

Oh, maybe I missed something. What extra free time are we getting beyond what we get with our Founders package?

Cheers

PS -- I'm abusing the Like This system since it allows me too. Min/Maxing the social game. ;) Perhaps they will notice such abuse and fix it.

The Founder packs all come with more stuff than the cost of the pack. Ergo, free stuff. $60 pack, $80 worth of MC plus premium time? you're getting way too many freebies to complain that your premium time (of which you get to keep all of it's XP/Cbill gains after open beta begins) is starting 'early'.

Don't be such a [redacted]

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users