Atlas or Daishi?

703 replies to this topic

#461 Silvermoon

• Pip
  • Survivor
  • 11 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 25 July 2012 - 08:47 PM

I'll take a Widow Maker -- since we placing orders...

#462 Lpu1221

Rookie

• 6 posts
  • LocationSheridan

Posted 02 August 2012 - 05:20 PM

dire wolf all day clan tech ftw
also the atlas is an easy shot in the chest/head compare to the daishi

#463 NPComplete

• PipPipPip
  • 81 posts
  • LocationIf there's a bright center to the universe, I'm on the planet that it's farthest from

Posted 02 August 2012 - 05:34 PM

Atlas for looks, Daishi for weapons. If I must chose one, I find the Daishi to be the more practical choice.

#464 MasterofBlasters

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 477 posts
  • LocationYou'd like to know that wouldn't you?

Posted 02 August 2012 - 05:52 PM

Dire Wolf

Posted Image

#465 Sleeping Bear

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 179 posts
  • LocationGuam

Posted 02 August 2012 - 06:05 PM

The Atlas is the symbol of the assault class, there is probably no more identifiable 'mech in all of the mechwarrior universe. The original zombie 'mech and one of the toughest machines ever to trundle across a battlefield. Not only it's toughness, but also the sheer firepower available on this death-giver is frightening. Anything that mounts armor that nearly weighs as much as a Locust, and weaponry nearly as heavy as a medium machine is plain crazy.

#466 Mechafreak

• PipPip
  • 35 posts
  • LocationPlanet Robinson, out on patrol.

Posted 03 August 2012 - 01:58 PM

Atlas hands down. With the sheer amount of armor and weapons packed into that 100 ton monster, an Atlas is the Timex of Battlemech's. Takes a licking and keeps on ticking... right over your Jenner. :P

Edited by Mechafreak, 03 August 2012 - 02:10 PM.

#467 ForTheHive

• Pip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 15 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in Terra

Posted 03 August 2012 - 02:03 PM

Clanner to the bone..
The Atlas is a symbol because is ancient tech still alive.The wonder mech of the Star League era .It didnot evolve till the years following the clan arrival into the IS.
The daishi is clan from top to bottom..A fearful omni mech with long range capabilities , ready to wipe out anything that passes through..the atlas represents the past while the clan assault mechs represent the future..

An interesting comparison would be : ATLAS vs DAISHI vs TURKINA vs FAFNIR..let's vote..

#468 Gaddafi Duck

• Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 07:15 PM

Victor piloted a Daishi.

#469 Tomas018

• Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 07:22 PM

Atlas FTW :P

#470 Donovan Jenks

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 157 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 08 August 2012 - 08:12 PM

yeah it is tough, but the Dire Wolf wins it even withough the deathhead design.

#471 Bryan Bekker

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 53 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 08:22 PM

Dire Wolf: same amount of armor as an Atlas with more firepower and the potential for jump jets on alternate configurations.

#472 Tyrael AE

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 08:36 PM

Neither: Marauder II

She looks SO much better then either of the aforementioned!

#473 Hades Trooper

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,461 posts
  • LocationWillow Tree, NSW

Posted 22 August 2012 - 11:38 PM

I know the atlas back to front, i love it.

though when and if a Stone Rhino comes out, then i'd have to consider a 2nd account to be a clanner and pilot that. 3 guass rifles is just plain sic :D

#474 bikerbass77

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 333 posts
  • LocationCambridge, Cambs, UK

Posted 23 August 2012 - 10:00 AM

Daishi (Dire Wolf). Being an omni-mech it is so much more flexible in terms of load-out. Still ponderous but with just as good armour it has more fire power than the Atlas.

#475 bikerbass77

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 333 posts
  • LocationCambridge, Cambs, UK

Posted 23 August 2012 - 10:05 AM

View PostForTheHive, on 03 August 2012 - 02:03 PM, said:

Clanner to the bone..
The Atlas is a symbol because is ancient tech still alive.The wonder mech of the Star League era .It didnot evolve till the years following the clan arrival into the IS.
The daishi is clan from top to bottom..A fearful omni mech with long range capabilities , ready to wipe out anything that passes through..the atlas represents the past while the clan assault mechs represent the future..

An interesting comparison would be : ATLAS vs DAISHI vs TURKINA vs FAFNIR..let's vote..

Now putting in the Fafnir... That was my favorate IS assault mech. Load that sucker up with clan tech weapons and it is a monster (I had 2 x Clan Gause Rifles and 2 x ER Large Pulse lasers in MW4).

#476 Jonas

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationHot Springs Ar.

Posted 23 August 2012 - 10:13 AM

Dire Wolf. I mean its just Awesome. The Atlas is not a bad Mech infact back in my TT days it was my first Assault Mech. It didnt last long though ended going to a Highlander and well stuck with that TV headed Mech for years.

#477 Feindfeuer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 234 posts
  • LocationNew Hessen

Posted 23 August 2012 - 10:23 AM

The Dire Wolf is one of the few Clan mechs i realy like, but i take the Atlas. Because I prefer IS designs and the Atlas is one of the most iconic IS mechs.

#478 Svenz

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 32 posts
  • LocationLatvia

Posted 23 August 2012 - 12:46 PM

Daishi, just for the looks :P

#479 Orihime Asakura

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 09:48 PM

Dire Wolf, because I'd rather out shoot an Atlas than out tank a Dire Wolf.

#480 Orihime Asakura

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 09:51 PM

View PostSleeping Bear, on 02 August 2012 - 06:05 PM, said:

The Atlas is the symbol of the assault class, there is probably no more identifiable 'mech in all of the mechwarrior universe.  The original zombie 'mech and one of the toughest machines ever to trundle across a battlefield.  Not only it's toughness, but also the sheer firepower available on this death-giver is frightening.  Anything that mounts armor that nearly weighs as much as a Locust, and weaponry nearly as heavy as a medium machine is plain crazy.
Um... Timber Wolf(MadCat), Timber Wolf II, Sunder, and Dire Wolf are far more iconic 'mechs. Especially to people who were introduced with Mechwarrior games and not the table top game.

17 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 17 guests, 0 anonymous users