Critical placement question - Blackhawk (H)

7 replies to this topic

#1 Capn yoaz

• PipPip
  • 34 posts
  • LocationIllinois, USA

Posted 09 August 2012 - 08:07 AM

On a blackhawk (h) it has 10 Heavy Medium lasers/5 on each arm. Each laser takes 2 critical spots. How does this work as there are not enough spots for 5 on each arm. There is only enough room for 4. Someone please help me understand how this works, as I'm trying to use it in a game.

#2 Congzilla

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 1,215 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 08:17 AM

No lower arm or hand actuators leaves 10 critical spots.

#3 Capn yoaz

• PipPip
  • 34 posts
  • LocationIllinois, USA

Posted 09 August 2012 - 08:20 AM

Thank you!! I thought so, but I couldn't find where the rules were in customizing mehcs.

#4 Congzilla

• The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 1,215 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 08:25 AM

View PostCapn yoaz, on 09 August 2012 - 08:20 AM, said:

Thank you!! I thought so, but I couldn't find where the rules were in customizing mehcs.

The way that the "blank" mech record sheet fills in some things not all mechs need makes it confusing.

#5 Capn yoaz

• PipPip
  • 34 posts
  • LocationIllinois, USA

Posted 09 August 2012 - 08:31 AM

I hear ya. I'm still using sheets from my 3rd edition boxed set. Maybe I need to upgrade.

#6 Congzilla

• The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 1,215 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 08:34 AM

View PostCapn yoaz, on 09 August 2012 - 08:31 AM, said:

I hear ya. I'm still using sheets from my 3rd edition boxed set. Maybe I need to upgrade.

The Techmanual is worth buying especially if your building / customizing mechs and it has all of the record sheets for every unit type.

#7 Sidney

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 129 posts
  • LocationOttawa, Ontario

Posted 09 August 2012 - 08:46 AM

View PostCapn yoaz, on 09 August 2012 - 08:31 AM, said:

I'm not sure about 3rd Ed, but later editions have some areas on the blank record sheets as grey text instead of black. Those are 'optional' or 'customizable'. I know the 'Experiemental' technology 'mech sheets used to be a bit rediculous- just about everything in grey and several additional boxes (If you use a turret, torso mounted cockpit etc.)

The Nova is an Omnimech though, so the arm actuators fall under those rules. Specifically: Omnimech's lower and hand actuators are actually pods, which means they can be popped on and off as you see fit just like any other pod.

Hence being able to remove them or add them from one variant to the next.

It should be noted that neither actuator can be used if the arm contains an Autocannon, Gauss Rifle or PPC if memory serves.

Which is why a lot of Omnimechs lack hands.

Edited by Sidney, 09 August 2012 - 08:47 AM.

#8 Slade Deleportas

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 10 August 2012 - 05:51 PM

Capn, try out the program Solaris Skunk Werks, it's an awesome and versatile mech design program, with all the latest and current rules etc. Bit of a learning curve to using it though. Good luck.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users