How do you think Operation Revival will be incorperated?

5 replies to this topic

#1 Endai Baekem

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 26 posts
  • LocationCameron City, Here, Federated Suns.

Posted 24 January 2012 - 02:33 PM

Operation Revival took place in August, 3049-December, 3051. Considering the game is going to be (I hope) released this summer, and that the game is going to take place in 3049 on our calendar (Our August will be August in the game etc. etc.) does that mean that clanners will be in the game almost immediately. What are your thought on this idea? If they say they're following the lore closely does it mean this is going to happen? If so, then I can't wait to stamp out every clanboy I find (don't take it personally).

Edited by Endai Baekem, 24 January 2012 - 03:26 PM.

#2 Listless Nomad

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 1,573 posts
  • LocationElsewhere

Posted 24 January 2012 - 02:43 PM

Perhaps what the devs will do is hold them to IS news reports as "mysterious invaders" for a while once the game is launched. While the clan invasion did occur in August - it took a while to get going - and there were only three clans to begin with. Frankly I think something has to give. I have faith in the devs - but I cant see the game launching as it should - if the devs have to make content for both the IS and the clans. I think it would be very challenging to do both well. Perhaps the best case scenario is we get the game released sometime in june - have two-three months to play around while the devs furiously scramble for the clans - and then they are released in limited amount in september - october etc.

#3 Endai Baekem

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 26 posts
  • LocationCameron City, Here, Federated Suns.

Posted 24 January 2012 - 03:36 PM

Who knows though? Maybe (definitely a maybe) they've been working on the Clans in the background and are waiting to surprise us with the invasions on time... Wouldn't that fantasy be nice? I just hope everything is RP'd well and that everything runs smoothly. I would rather wait several month for Clans then have to deal with crappy models and other negative things.

#4 Listless Nomad

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 1,573 posts
  • LocationElsewhere

Posted 24 January 2012 - 05:04 PM

I would agree. Having a half arsed clan invasion because they saddled themselves with this 1:1 timeline idea would be tragic. I'd rather have them declare the God of time had made it 3048 again and just start over. In fact, I'd prefer that to give everyone some time to play in the inner sphere only - and work on the feuds and politics there - rather than the togetherness koom buy ya that happened once the clans invaded. I've been working hard to smack talk the cappies - don't make me play nice with them too soon!

#5 Fiachdubh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 971 posts
  • LocationSkulking out along the Periphery somewhere.

Posted 24 January 2012 - 05:28 PM

Agree, they definitly should of given themselves more time between the planned launch and the invasion, would like to see the timeline put back at least another year. Im sure there are many waiting to play the clans, myslef included, but would be no harm in letting everyone settle in and get the game up and running, work out any problems and a bit of time to try different thing and new additions. We are all going to play regardless so there is no need to rush. I would imagine the few months around and after launch would be pretty hectic for the devs anyway without having to deal with implementing such a critical part of the story. Better to wait until can devote themselves to it and make it something really special.

The Devs approach and attitude so far gives me faith that they will pull it off but would prefare to have everyone playing as IS for a good wile first. Save the Clans for later. Don't think most people would really be bothered if they pushed the timeline back a bit especially as most here are dedicated fans and happy to wait longer for invasion if it means a better experiance.

Would like to see something like the MW2 Mercs clan invasion but bigger and better. Really loved the way it was done in the BoK trilogy, the mystery, confusion, panic and all that. Maybe if people want to play the clans they need to do well enough in combat to get taken as bondsmen.

Edited by Fiachdubh, 24 January 2012 - 05:36 PM.

#6 CoffiNail

Oathmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 4,285 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSome place with other Ghost Bears. A dropship or planet, who knows. ((Winnipeg,MB))

Posted 25 January 2012 - 07:17 AM

Operation Revival sort of started in August 3049, but in reality it did not actually start until Marchish 3050. The Clans were just setting up supply lines and establishing footholds in the Periphery. I do not see much action being aloud to take place Coreward Periphery where the Clans do advance and set up.

PGI has roughly 4 months to work on and then 2 months to test the Clan functions and skills, etc from game launch. Very few reports would have even come out of the Periphery, and only Comstar got wind of it, and they kept the secret to themselves.

My Guess is that they will have roughly a month or two of allowing players to become Clan, to acquaint themselves with Clan honor and Zellbrigen in a sort of 'beta testing' and then when the Clans hit, they will hit hard and deadly with experienced players at the front lines. I mean of course battles will be different as a lot of Coreward worlds had minor to no defenses unless it was a resource rich or strategic world.

View PostFiachdubh, on 24 January 2012 - 05:28 PM, said:

Maybe if people want to play the clans they need to do well enough in combat to get taken as bondsmen.

Why does everyone suggest this method? Sorry I would not want to play as a bondsman, Firstly they get the worst equipment often enough, their units are not front line units and Smoke Jaguar tends to take very few bondsmen, and NONE get to be returned to Warrior status, especially not freebirths.

Edited by CoffiNail, 25 January 2012 - 07:19 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users