Newbie's Guide to House Marik?

4 replies to this topic

#1 OldeSword

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 01:41 PM

Hello everyone.

I'm looking at the different factions available in MWO and am heavily leaning towards House Marik. I've always been a fan of technology and innovation but the focus on individualism and the idea that House Marik eventually creates the Knights of the Inner Sphere really appeals to me. That said, I've been poking around the website and the forums a bit and while there are a couple decent threads I was wondering if anyone has a good introduction, synopsis, or something for introducing new players to House Marik.

Maybe something sticky-worthy to go at the top of the board so that people who are looking for more information on the house have a place to start.

Thanks!

#2 Greyrook

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,302 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 01:44 PM

Uh, maybe join Marik because it's AWESOME?

Seriously though, it seems like you have all the convincing you need already, but check out http://www.sarna.net/wiki/House_Marik if you want more background.

Or, wait, are you saying that this should be on the faction boards for other players, not you?

Edited by Greyrook, 09 August 2012 - 01:45 PM.

#3 Alasian

• PipPip
  • 31 posts
  • LocationBlowing up random stuff with a Cataphract.

Posted 09 August 2012 - 01:52 PM

Go to Kurita there in war with everybody but mariks only in war with a couple of factions

#4 OldeSword

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 02:12 PM

I was thinking something like this thread would be beneficial to new Marik players (myself included): http://mwomercs.com/...hague-republic/

But that link you provided is very useful as well. Thanks!

Now to find a guild to run with.

#5 Glare

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 192 posts
  • LocationAtreus

Posted 10 August 2012 - 05:38 PM

View PostAlasian, on 09 August 2012 - 01:52 PM, said:

Go to Kurita there in war with everybody but mariks only in war with a couple of factions

The Draconis Combine is perennially at war with the Lyran Commonwealth (Steiner) and the Federated Suns (Davion), and experiences very, very little interaction with either the Capellan Confederation (Liao) or the Free Worlds League (Marik). The Lyran Commonwealth and the Federated Suns, at this point in the timeline, and for the next 15 years, are united in the same state known as the Federated Commonwealth. In essence, the Draconis Combine is fighting one opponent. The FWL, on the other hand, fights all the time with the Lyran Commonwealth (and, by extension, the Federated Suns half of the Federated Commonwealth) and the Capellan Confederation. And itself. The FWL is almost notorious for internecine conflict.

tl;dr You could hardly be more wrong. lrn2BattleTech.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users