BLR-3M With DCC (lower polygon model, rhino 4.0)

3 replies to this topic

#1 warpig07

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 58 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 12:23 PM

ive always loved the battlemaster, but finding blueprints of it is quite hard. so with one cutaway, some various screenshots, and the good old eye-balling it, i made the dual cockpit variant of this classic chassis. the BLR-3M incorporates 6 ER medium lasers, an ER PPC, SRM 6 pack and one sperry browning machine gun. to make my life simpler in this DCC build, we'll pretend a heatsink was dropped to accomodate the extra ton for the DCC cockpit :D

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

thoughts, suggestions, that such stuff is always appreciated

#2 Viper69

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,204 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 12:29 PM

Make the cockpit in the head smaller. Although visually it looks pretty good. What is the height scale that may give me a better reference as to the size of the people?

#3 warpig07

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 58 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 12:53 PM

View PostViper69, on 10 August 2012 - 12:29 PM, said:

Make the cockpit in the head smaller. Although visually it looks pretty good. What is the height scale that may give me a better reference as to the size of the people?

thanks for the feedback. do you mean the whole canopy or just the command couches? the command couches could very well be out of scale (i had to call up a seperate diagram, i modeled it after the ACES II ejection seat). i was not entirely sure of the height of the battlemaster, its about 25 feet tall excluding antennas

#4 PinkyAndTheBrain

• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • 42 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 04:53 PM

Hi, nice model! If u need more pics to reference, I'd recommend a search on Google images for "dougram bigfoot" . That's the original source of the battlemaster design. Perhaps you could make the legs thicker and more massive in proportion to the rest of the figure?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users